• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

netguy503

Katana_Strikes said:
Have you rechecked the levels for the sticker switches? Didn't have any problems finding them all. Theres a 2x and 4x zone on 2 levels also. Just thoroughly search.

I've never seen a 2X challenge but I saw a 4X and I, like other people, think it's glitched as I got the prize bubbles in the clams but then we all got stuck there. Where is the 2X one? Thanks.

netguy503

Katana_Strikes said:
I had a problem with the cannons, because sometimes they'd unfortunately roll and catch you and there isn't a lot of space to manoeuvre, so... when the first ships arrive on either side, only blow their cannons, so they can't shoot you anymore, don't finish the ships off fully. This way no more new ships will ever come. After a minute or so the Kraken will come, take him out and the half desroyed ships will return again, unable to still fire. Rinse and repeat. The actual Kraken is easy to avoid.

Even better yet ONLY blow up the bottom row of each ship's cannons and STAY by the cannons on the bottom until the Karen (sp) comes. I found it MUCH easier just to concentrate on bottom row as I found them MUCH more annoying then the cannons on top (also, by staying on the bottoming and STAYING by each cannon you are less likely to get hit by cannon balls from above because each cannon on the bottom has a protective overhead above it). Also, this strategy eliminates the risk of going between the cannons on top and bottom and risck getting hit which will screw up your ace. Just concentrate on the bottom cannon's only and remember to NOT blow up the ships entirely.

NOW THAT'S PLAYING WITH POWER! SONY POWER!

Danielsan

I finally got the seemingly impossible party person trophy today. All that is left for my platinum is the Booty Master trophy.
Which seems equally impossible because getting a reasonably functioning 2 man party is hard enough, let alone a 4 man party...

rataplein

Danielsan said:
I finally got the seemingly impossible party person trophy today. All that is left for my platinum is the Booty Master trophy.
Which seems equally impossible because getting a reasonably functioning 2 man party is hard enough, let alone a 4 man party...

That's weird. I live in the world's asshole, and still can get 4 players partys with almost no lag. THANKS TO THE PATCH!!!

Keep trying!.

I just got all the PotC trophies. Need more levels!!.

Danielsan

rataplein said:
That's weird. I live in the world's asshole, and still can get 4 players partys with almost no lag. THANKS TO THE PATCH!!!

Keep trying!.

I just got all the PotC trophies. Need more levels!!.
Well I just had one random player join one of my games. He tagged along with me for a couple of hours. Everything was lag free, he had a keyboard and he knew how to play cooperatively. Unbelievable and unbelievably fun. This game is such a treat when people play with the other player(s) in mind. Immediately added him to my friendslist. Players like that outside of gaf are rare. :lol

Still need a bunch of items from 4player parts but at least the two player stuff is out of the way. Ahh progression. :)

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Danielsan said:
Well I just had one random player join one of my games. He tagged along with me for a couple of hours. Everything was lag free, he had a keyboard and he knew how to play cooperatively. Unbelievable and unbelievably fun. This game is such a treat when people play with the other player(s) in mind. Immediately added him to my friendslist. Players like that outside of gaf are rare. :lol

Still need a bunch of items from 4player parts but at least the two player stuff is out of the way. Ahh progression. :)
Oh I see you got the booty master trophy. :D

Danielsan

Inanna Dan said:
Oh I see you got the booty master trophy. :D
Finally. :D

I also got the party person trophy yesterday. Though I don't think I should have gotten that.
Only one of the party members was on my friendslist. :lol

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Danielsan said:
Finally. :D

I also got the party person trophy yesterday. Though I don't think I should have gotten that.
Only one of the party members was on my friendslist. :lol
I'd have helped you out but I haven't been online for long, glad you got everything though!

Thrakier

Ranger X said:
The fun is in the level design. It never was the mechanics really. Kinda missing the point there. It's simple game in nature but it really makes sense when the community makes it shine in an infinite number of ways. Its your levels that makes the game, not sackboy.

I don't think that it has to be this way. It could have great gameplay AND great levels. Just level sightseeing is a bit boring, at least to me. And it's even more boring when it's so hard to really find the great levels.

Dragnet

Just a note about the 4p secret area in the PotC pack, I and some mates managed to do it with 3 people. Not sure how we did it but it worked...just a note.

BeeDog

You only need 4 players to open up the wooden board, but after that you can do the "puzzle" below completely alone. So in essence, you can do the whole thing by yourself if you have 4 controllers available.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mik2121 said:
I need 3 guys to get the 4p unlockable in the POTC pack!!! :(

Add me, my PSNID is Mik2121

If you're still needing it (as I do as well) and have a spare controller, just shoot me a PM. I'm trying to complete the swamp level in Demon's Souls right now but I can pop-on today and help get this within five minutes.

MrPliskin said:
How is everyone getting 7K on the pirate ship mini-game? I can't pass 2K...
Let's say it's pretty difficult. I went at it alone, and it took like ten tries to get 7K. What I did was avoid the spiky things as much as possible. Go through as many passage way like things as possible. Make sure you never miss an anchor with bubbles, and if there are a lot of spiky things, then you just stay at the top right or left for a bit until you can pass safely.

Minamu

How do people get scores like 300k on the very first level in the game? o_O Pretty sure I've seen scores over a million points as well, even though the counter only goes that far.

Just played this for the first time today, started around 9:30pm, stopped at 1:30am. @__@

This has got to be THE most charming, creative game I've EVER played.

BeeDog

MrPliskin said:
How is everyone getting 7K on the pirate ship mini-game? I can't pass 2K...

If you're playing alone, you MUST build up a huge multiplier at the very start of the level (9x+). As soon as you spawn, go to the very top left of the map and stay right under the lethal gas. You'll see heaps of bubbles coming your way, and as soon as they're within reach of you, start swimming down (from top left to lower right, just follow the point bubbles), and you can rack up a nice multiplier since at the beginning of the level, the bubbles follow each other nicely.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The last PoTC level is indeed kind of weak. Loved the rest though!

Played a couple of user water levels too...submarine sabotage is great. Reminded me of that wonderful space station level someone put out some months back .... 'cept in a submarine, underwater. Got me thinking that water could be a neat way to do zero-g stuff (though still gotta admire previous 'zero-g' simulations with rapid plummets etc. just like real life :D )

The way people are doing 'cutscenes' with characters and things now is very neat too.

WordAssassin said:
Just played this for the first time today, started around 9:30pm, stopped at 1:30am. @__@

This has got to be THE most charming, creative game I've EVER played.

I imagine playing LBP for the first time round the holidays would be a special kind of <3 I'm almost kind of jealous of newcomers. So so much there to enjoy.

netguy503

tenritsu said:
Now that the water pack is out, I am really praying for a solid, well-done Bioshock level. Please, SOMEONE do that.

There was a Bioshock level that I LOVED where you take control of a Big Daddy and just start going to on enemies with your drill (blood and all). Also they got down the walking mechanics of the Big Daddy spot on as well.It REALLY feels like you are in a Big Daddy. It's awesome!

Thought the mini game 7k score was easy and I did it alone after 2 goes. You've got all the time in the world as long as you grab the air each time. I think that was the key for me.

Roto13

gofreak said:
Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V...
Either you don't understand the question or you think there's a chance that a search for "LittleBigPlanet", "Trophies", "Home", and "PSP" is somehow not going to bring back a million results on the largest gaming forum on the interwebs.

Roto13 said:
Either you don't understand the question or you think there's a chance that a search for "LittleBigPlanet", "Trophies", "Home", and "PSP" is somehow not going to bring back a million results on the largest gaming forum on the interwebs.
I think he means they just copy-pasted the PS3 boxart for the PSP game.

What are some good user-created levels out there? I'm only in World 4, and I've not even touched the extra content included in the GotY edition, but I'm guessing that Submarine one mentioned above is good. Even Mm recommend it on their Twitter page. :eek:

netguy503

WordAssassin said:

What are some good user-created levels out there? I'm only in World 4, and I've not even touched the extra content included in the GotY edition, but I'm guessing that Submarine one mentioned above is good. Even Mm recommend it on their Twitter page. :eek:

What is MM's Twitter?

Surfheart

Ok so what the fuck is up with my sackboy now constantly mouthing shit now?
It's taken away from the cute sackboy charm with them mouthing stuff like tourettes guy.
Seriously put me off playing the game! /hyperbole

netguy503

Surfheart said:
Ok so what the fuck is up with my sackboy now constantly mouthing shit now?
It's taken away from the cute sackboy charm with them mouthing stuff like tourettes guy.
Seriously put me off playing the game! /hyperbole

Um, you're using a mic?

Surfheart

netguy503 said:
Um, you're using a mic?

Hahaha How embarrassing! Thanks man, I've had my eye hooked up for eyepet and I guess the mic is live. The tourettes guy was me. Bob Saget!

Edit: So the POTC pack actually has levels I take it? The pack description on the store made it seem like another sticker pack.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
WordAssassin said:

Submarine sabotage is well worth a look.

There is so much great-to-brilliant stuff out there. Some as 'proper' levels, others as simply 'how they do that? :eek:' spectacles and machinery. It's hard to remember the names of levels...this is where the linking system will hopefully help...but for now your best bet for finding the good stuff is either by going to one of the fansites or checking out some 'trusted' folks' hearted lists.

Looking under search for highest rated and busiest levels etc. and you won't go too far wrong either* But beware - there are literally so many enjoyable levels that it's pretty much impossible to be completist about finding them all. Enjoy the constant stream of awesomeness, just don't worry about finding and finishing every last one.

Hopefully, perhaps, when the 'link' system is in place you'll have a one-stop-way of finding the cream of the crop...I think you'll find level sharing on forums like this revitalised when we can link to levels to share them.

* One caveat here - keep an eye out for obvious trophy whore levels...levels designed purely for easy trophy wins. They tend to be very popular and get high ratings, but they're often just not that good. You'll develop an eye for avoiding them over time...

edit - also: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=341622 A very awesome thread filled with levels from gaffers and many other recommendations.

If you want ONE recommendation to get you started with, i'll pull one from that thread i went bananas over:

Repairmen of the space! / Stephammer

Madman

WordAssassin said:

A Shot in the Dark 2 is one that I liked.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is anyone else in need of doing the PotC 4x player prize bubble bit?

I need at least 2-3 others to do it. I've been too busy clearing out Demon's Souls to do this until now. >_> <_< >_>

Ranger X

Thrakier said:
I don't think that it has to be this way. It could have great gameplay AND great levels. Just level sightseeing is a bit boring, at least to me. And it's even more boring when it's so hard to really find the great levels.

I think the base of the game, I mean, sackboy is simple but it's not broken or anything. Also, the more something is complex doesn't mean its necessarily better.
The levels I play sure aren't sight seeing. I didn't really play another platformer this gen with this much gameplay. There's ALOT of fantastic levels with awesome gameplay.
I just think it's the way you perceive the game that makes you not like it. Most characters or base gameplay in most games is a simple concept and then it's the level design that creates gameplay. I could think Mario is shit because after all he's basically jumping, running and stomping things. Despise Mario being a simple character with simple abilities, the games are complex and attractive in level designs and it ends up in GREAT gameplay.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Question about the PSP version:

I've 100% the first two worlds of the game, and Aced the story levels - but I'm not getting the bag and spade icons on the world map screen, like in the PS3 version. I'm getting those icons on the actual levels, but not on the story map that shows it for the all the world stages.

Anyone know if it's supposed to do that - or am I missing something?

Ranger X

SPACE SACK'S ADVENTURES: THE BLUE PLANET

Space Sack is our famous astronaut exploring the universe. Wait, you didn't know him? Well, now you do. Space Sack is really good at his job but he's really unlucky. Today Space Sack is attempting to land on "Blue Planet", a name his tremendously imaginative mind gave to it after noticing the blue color of that globe.

Points of interest:

-Mild difficulty. Accessible for most people.
-Progressive gameplay. Gain new abilities along the way.
-I tried to surpass myself with visuals.
-Alot of secrets to find.
-Water.
-Custom backgrounds.

Screenshots:

SSadv01.jpg
SSadv04.jpg

SSadv02.jpg
SSadv03.jpg

As I said up there, I tried to surpass myself visually with this level. No screenshot can really do justice to the level so I hope you'll go play it. No screenshot can do justice because there's alot of stuff moving everywhere you go. This gives a more animated feeling to the level and it's an integral part of the visual style I wanted to create.

Another thing I am trying here is to give a sense of progression through gameplay. The level is almost multi-path and the more you proceed, the more abilities you gain. Turn on your prize collection options, have fun, and don't shy up on feedback!

:)

Ranger X said:
SPACE SACK'S ADVENTURES: THE BLUE PLANET

I just played through the level and I enjoyed it a lot. I do think the level progression could be a bit clearer though, specifically
inside the egyptian area. I had two issues here. First, I was very confused after getting the bomb sticker because the cracked wall below made me think I was supposed to progress to the right. I then saw the hole in the ceiling and assumed I somehow needed to get up there. This was compounded by my second issue, the switch that moves a section of a pillar and allows you to leave the room with the jetpack. Because this switch is in plain view and easily accessible before getting the jetpack, I was confused as to what purpose it served. It seemed useless, but because I thought I had to get up in the ceiling behind the cracked wall, I thought it somehow played a part.

Admittedly, had I payed more attention and noticed the cracked floor on my way to the egyptian area, I wouldn't have been so puzzled by these two issues. I still think you should consider changing them though, and I believe them to be simple fixes. First, I'd simply get rid of that cracked wall in the egyptian area. Instead, I'd have a cracked door come down and trap the player in the room where they acquire the bomb sticker. This will show them how to use the bomb sticker and what the cracked surfaces look like. Next, I'd do away with the section of the pillar that moves. There is absolutely no challenge to flicking the switch, and it only serves to confuse the player with it's uselessness. I would just make the remaining top and bottom fittingly jagged to make it look broken and possibly turn the square block on the floor to the right into the missing piece.

The only other issue I had is that once you get the jetpack, there isn't any actual gameplay left, only backtracking. Though, I did appreciate being able to get the point bubbles in the ground on the way back. I thought that was a nice touch.

Anyway, great level, but I think if you fix the first two issues, it would help guide players a bit better.

Ranger X

Schwowsers said:
... feedback ...

Anyway, great level, but I think if you fix the first two issues, it would help guide players a bit better.

Tks buddy. This is some very useful feedback. I don't like the switch on the pillar myself so I guess I will change it this. I might also add that trapping part you suggest, it's more effective to teach the player indeed!!

As for the jetpack part, there's only exploration for people who wants to do it. 5 secrets in the level needs the jetpack. :)

Top Bottom