• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

The beta is on going it will not stop, right now they testing bandwidth

the beta will keep going and when Mm wants somthing testing befor adding it to the real game they just put it on the beta eg water and new save was put onto the beta befor

netguy503

jump_button said:
The beta is on going it will not stop, right now they testing bandwidth

the beta will keep going and when Mm wants somthing testing befor adding it to the real game they just put it on the beta eg water and new save was put onto the beta befor

OK, then why does my Beta code that was just sent to me last week not working?

CozMick

Banned
Caved in and bought the Incredibles costume bundle.

Is the Level kit worth it if I only dabble in the creator every 2nd blue moon?

Title: Tick Tock Woods
by: Jump_Button

An Art style level much like my Black & White level, been working on and off this one for a long time now so hope you enjoy it.

- Trying to push the style of my levels more with this
- Some good old Platforming I hope a little challenging

aphoto1.jpg

aphoto2i.jpg

and here a drawing I did befor starting the level
little_red_in_the_woods_by_jump_button.jpg

and yeah get the Incredibles level kit if you into making levels if you looking for a new Mm to play dont it got alot of good stuff in for level creator's

Reckoner

I bought LittleBigPlanet last week and, since then, I felt like I had to put my decorator skills in action. This is my Pod:

1zew9ic.jpg

What do you think about it and the clothes on my Sackboy? Cute?

Reckoner said:
I bought LittleBigPlanet last week and, since then, I felt like I had to put my decorator skills in action. This is my Pod:

1zew9ic.jpg

What do you think about it and the clothes on my Sackboy? Cute?
It took me a while to find your Sackboy. :lol Loving the urban tagged look of it.

And jump_button, nice to know you popped that level out already. Honestly dude, what do you do for a living cuz it seems like you're coming out with something new all the time! =P

donkey show said:
It took me a while to find your Sackboy. :lol Loving the urban tagged look of it.

And jump_button, nice to know you popped that level out already. Honestly dude, what do you do for a living cuz it seems like you're coming out with something new all the time! =P

Alot of part time stuff :b and I work on more then one level at a time. that last one i was working on from back last year I think it was, I just do bits here and they. and it help they not been anything good on TV :b

right now I have two levels in the work both I only just started so they be a long time coming here a peek :b

aphoto3.jpg

aphoto4k.jpg

and the 8bit one only taked me 3 days to make did most of it in one night with it being all blocks it was easy to make

beast786

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/108/1084343p1.html

IGN: LittleBigPlanet 2 Unofficially Revealed

Sony hasn't announced LittleBigPlanet 2, yet, but it is apparently on the way. Electronic musician Ochre announced on his Twitter feed today that he has licensed a song called "Infotain Me" to Sony for LittleBigPlanet 2. The sequel is being developed for PlayStation 3.

We did previously hear about something called LittleBigPlanet Motion, which uses the PlayStation Move controller to manipulate the environment. But it isn't clear if that is LittleBigPlanet 2, downloadable content for the first game, or something different entirely.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Hmm.

I <3 LBP but I'm very curious about how they would do a sequel this generation considering how many levels have been created and all the DLC that has been released. Maybe they could do a Rock Band thing where you can use all your content in the new game and you could find levels from the first but if they did that it might defeat the purpose of making a new game. As much as I'd like a new LBP I think I'd rather they either wait until PS4 launch or use their creative talent on making a new IP while still supporting LBP.

beast786 said:
:lol

Teaser.
=P

Anyway, I really need to jump off of GAF right now. I have to finish my digital media learning competition proposal for STEM Cell Sackboy. The deadline is on Monday and I'm just lolligagging around here with all this LBP "sequel" stuff. :lol

Here are some WIP pics from the project:

stemsack01.jpg

stemsack02.jpg

stemsack03.jpg

stemsack04.jpg

stemsack05.jpg

Nearly everything is moving, even in the background to give a sense of life to the world.

This weeks LBPC Spotlight

PS3 Spotlight

TRIAL of SEASONS - SUMMER by Sickivionkey/Sickivionkey
Sack, The legendary: Level 5 of 13 - Part 1 of 2 by Luos_Desruc/Luos_Desruc
Sack, The legendary - Level 5 of 13 - Part 2 of 2 by Luos_Desruc/Luos_Desruc
The Heavy Metal Mullet Planet Tribute Part 3 by Leather-Monkey/Leather-Monkeys
Crypt's Canyon by Dr_Vab/Dr_Vab
Dragons of Myth: Teotihuacan by Morgana25/Morgana25
The Realm of The Wolf Lord by croissantbuncake/croissantbuncake
Hearts For Heroes Prologue - Moonlight Bay by TOBSn08/TOBSn08
STAR WARS: The Return of the Jedi: The Battle of Endor: err... Etc! by julesyjules/julesyjules
Malevolance unfolds in The Gardens by OneEyedBanshee/OneEyedBanshee
Swimmin' With The Fishies by DRLONG/DRLONG
(LBW4) The Mailbox (Part One) by bonner123/bonner123
Tick Tock Woods by Jump_Button/Jump_Button
Lady Bug level 1: "The Gardens" by Dorine_Marco/Dorine_Marco

PSP Spotlight

The Big Freeze by carlosgrss/CARLOSGRSS
Duck's Rule by carlosgrss/CARLOSGRSS
The Empire’s Striped Snack by Taffey/tsr13
Sackula [PART ONE] by ali985/Alismuffin
The Sky Islands of Oneiros Ch 1 by SeekingTruth86/SeekingTruth86
Swamplands by ali985/Alismuffin

Mm picks/Sonyblog
ARCTIC by Vex_Doppel and Uirop

no new Mm pick

Some nice levels for you to dig into

YAARRRRR!!!

Video proposal compleeeeete!!! The deadline is tomorrow and with relatives over from England the past couple of weeks on top of grad school and work, it's been way hard to get some time to finish this proposal.

STEM Cell Sackboy Series

stemsack07.jpg

- Video Proposal Here -

And no, I don't sound like the voice in the vid... lol. The quality should get better since its still processing (HD).

Overview:
Thanks to the robust level creation tools of LittleBigPlanet, Sackboy will jump into the cellular realm and view stem cell research up close and personal. "Stem Cell Sackboy" is a sidescrolling adventure that puts players into the "SackCell" and allows them to interact with embryonic stem cells and participate in an "accelerated" stem cell therapy procedure. Players will learn about the processes of cell growth and reproduction including the importance and ethical issues of stem cell research in the medical and scientific community, on top of experiencing this groundbreaking research through fun puzzles, minigames, and exploration as a cell!

If you guys get a chance, please register and comment on my project here: http://www.dmlcompetition.net/pligg/story.php?title=457 Commenting on the youtube page would help as well!

Every little bit helps GAF and I'd love to see this project go through all the way. :D

netguy503

donkey show said:
YAARRRRR!!!

Video proposal compleeeeete!!! The deadline is tomorrow and with relatives over from England the past couple of weeks on top of grad school and work, it's been way hard to get some time to finish this proposal.

STEM Cell Sackboy Series

stemsack07.jpg

- Video Proposal Here -

And no, I don't sound like the voice in the vid... lol. The quality should get better since its still processing (HD).

We've all seen you on Qore...yeah you kinda do sound like that. Or at least it's not a far acting stretch for you. :) Anyway, what do you win if your selected? Good luck it looks amazing!

netguy503 said:
We've all seen you on Qore...yeah you kinda do sound like that. Or at least it's not a far acting stretch for you. :) Anyway, what do you win if your selected? Good luck it looks amazing!
Haha, fair enough. Being from So Cal, it isn't hard to channel my inner "bro." :lol

As for what we "win..."

http://www.dmlcompetition.net/game_changers.php

AWARDS: $5,000-$50,000

The Game Changers awards are development grants for work to be undertaken in the grant period.
Winners in the Game Changers category will receive awards for new, creative user-generated levels and adventures designed for either of two existing commercial games. These should offer young people highly engaging game play experiences that incorporate and leverage principles of science, technology, engineering, and math for learning.

If your proposal gets accepted, you have to come up and turn in a proper budget that includes man hours, travel to wherever the awards ceremony is, lodging, etc. Depending if that budget is realistic, then they will award you with money of up to $50,000. If you have that many people working on your project, then yes... $50,000 is possible because its supposedly around $5000 per person. For example, for my project, I allotted $15,000 (give or take) for myself and my wife who will be working on it, transportation (possible airfare), lodging, equipment and meals. If you're working with an institution, it becomes a little different but the $50,000 limit is still in effect.

Thanks again, bro! =P

I went through the PotC DLC this weekend with my girlfriend (which was really fun) but it was delayed a day due to the fact that as soon as I downloaded it and loaded up the game (after about 6-8 months of not playing it) I have about 1.5gb of updates to download. For some reason on PSN this took about 3 hours, when it should've taken less than one.

Fucking ridiculous. I appreciate Microsoft's 20mb updates even more now, haha.

Anyway, the DLC made me realise how much more LBP I would've played if that and the the MGS pack weren't the only ones released. :( I hope better official content support for LBP2.

Dogenzaka

Banned
donkey show I saw the video, your level looks astounding. Creative, colorful, varied and educational. You certainly nailed it. I wish I could have entered in with you guys, but you certainly give the other contestants some healthy competition! Way to go! Can't wait to play your level.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm still disappointed that he didn't do Sackboy Gets Gonorrhea.

Looks great, though, you are a king of LBP.
It really is impressive to see all of the possibilities that the level creator allows.

Thanks guys! Here's to hoping it goes all the way. :D I should have the first level up by next week.

Snuggler said:
I'm still disappointed that he didn't do Sackboy Gets Gonorrhea.
I'll make it an unlockable secret level... use stem cells to repair your damaged sack. :lol

guys/gals

Just created my first ever level (pretty crappy so far) but hopefully will improve on it as time goes on.

Can you all check it out and heart me/level as well

:D

Username - stack_
level name - stack attack

Moobabe

Can anyone help me out, I'm trying to create a rain effect. Obviously I have the sounds but I've experimented with emitters but have nothing small enough to look like rain about from prize bubbles - but those aren't ideal. What the best way of going about it?

Sorry doubles post and all that

leacked (aka jap put it on the store)DLC New Animals May 4th for the US and the 5th for the EU (also remember that the store update days are changing in May).

4549089855_1795953e09_m.jpg
4549726168_901c68c69f_m.jpg

4549726116_f2535aca06_m.jpg
4549089979_3484b4871b_m.jpg

4549726288_2081c05230_m.jpg
4549090071_ab5a8a9e45_m.jpg

4549299651_06816b7f41_m.jpg
4549726474_308899c567_m.jpg

This weeks LBPC Spotlight levels

PS3 Spotlight

Power of the Planet by Rhys125/Rhys125
Lost in the Pacific 1, - 2, - 3 and - Forgotten Paradise by sjepap/sjepap
Cloudy with a Chance of Teamwork by comphermc/comphermc
A Stairway to Heaven by ladylyn1/ladylyn1
The Little Big Machine by Malhat06/Malhat06
Sackula : Revelation by ptwob/ptwob
House by bonner123/bonner123
Wunderkammer part 2 by AccumulationNone/AccumulationNone
1P - Luos & Clay MFG. - Roller Manufacturing by Luos_Desruc/Luos_Desruc

PSP Spotlight

Curses! by salieri/SalieriAAX
Destiny by amazingflyingpoo/amazingflyingpoo
LBUP Magical Forest by alismuffin/ali985
S.I.A. Mission 1: 'Take' by Captain-Rule/Captain-Rule
The Sky Islands of Oneiros Ch. 2 by SeekingTruth86/SeekingTruth86
The Treasure Hunter & the Secret of the Ancient Pyramid by Domik12/domik12

Enjoy

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
This game is amazing. Loving every second of it. Not going into the Creator right now, just fiddled. Man what a good game =D

crispyben

I've picked this back up to finish the story levels, and I don't know how some of you managed to ace all levels :lol At least I have an infinity of community levels to try, but I could never create that gets enough attention to obtain the "online" trophies, for instance.

AndyD

aka andydumi
magicaltrevor said:
Sooooo... When will the ModNation Racers levelpack be released? :D

I know right?

What they need in LBP is a costume editor like MNR. Full detail with color palettes. They should have had one from day one I think. They could have still sold individual new items if they wanted, but a full coloring/sticker system should have been there.

Here's hoping for one in LBP2.

netguy503

jump_button said:
Sorry doubles post and all that

leacked (aka jap put it on the store)DLC New Animals May 4th for the US and the 5th for the EU (also remember that the store update days are changing in May).

4549089855_1795953e09_m.jpg
4549726168_901c68c69f_m.jpg

4549726116_f2535aca06_m.jpg
4549089979_3484b4871b_m.jpg

4549726288_2081c05230_m.jpg
4549090071_ab5a8a9e45_m.jpg

4549299651_06816b7f41_m.jpg
4549726474_308899c567_m.jpg

Those don't look like MM creations. Something seems...off.

Anyway, a new contest is going on in the LBP community RIGHT now with a chance to win Modnation Racers (since you guys were just talking about it hehe). I know it's late, sorry but the concept seems really cool and unique (and you could possibly win a brand new game).....create a level based on your favorite Playstation Network Trophy!

To celebrate the upcoming release of ModNation Racers, we're doing a little contest with the original "Play. Create. Share." game. The contest...create a level in LittleBigPlanet based on your favorite trophy from any game. The prize...a free copy of ModNation Racers sent to your home on the release date (May 21 in Europe and May 25 in the US). Anyone is eligible to participate. You just have to post your completed level and your PSN ID by 12 PM Pacific Time (7 PM GMT) on May 14. The levels will be judged by a group of seven staff members. The winners will be announced on May 20. First place receives the aforementioned copy of ModNation Racers. Second prize will receive a $50 (or whatever the equivalent amount is in your currency of choice) PSN card. Third place will receive a $20 PSN card. All three will receive site awards as well (which will be revealed later). Best of luck to all.

The rules:

* The level has to be based on a trophy from any game that has them and it has to be created from scratch. Be creative. We'll be judging on your originality and creativity.
* The level has to have "PS3T" somewhere in it.
* You are restricted to one level per member. You can create as many as you can come up with, but you can only submit one for the contest. Choose wisely in that case.
* You must create the level on your own. No teaming up to split a prize.
* Levels must be submitted here. Post your PSN ID and the name of the level.
* If you download an already created level, you will be disqualified.
* Anyone can participate. No post count restrictions. No join date restrictions. Everyone can participate.
* You have until May 14 at 12 PM Pacific Time (7 PM GMT) to create and post your level. You must post the name of your level and your PSN ID in the submission thread. If you don't, we won't consider your level as submitted. Make it easy on us.
* This is not a boosting session. Do not make any "Heart4Heart" posts here. They will be promptly deleted and come with a spamming infraction.
* The levels will be listed below for everyone to play.
* The prizes:
o First Place: A copy of ModNation Racers.
o Second Place: A $50 (or equivalent currency) PSN card.
o Third Place: A $20 (or equivalent currency) PSN card.
o Site awards for the top three levels. The site award will be revealed later.
* Winners will be notified by PM on May 19. Failure to reply within 24 hours will result in your prize being forfeited. Winners will be announced on May 20.
* Any problems or disputes should be handled via PM and not in the public forums.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/arena/47811-play-create-win.html

What say you, Little Big Planet NeoGAF? Are you up for the challenge!?

netguy503

BTW here are some of the levels that are already submitted so you can check them out and get your mind started (psst...all you have to do to win is be better than they are):

The submitted levels:

Lord_Tony_Z - Uncharted Drake's Fortune: The Lost Level
robot-liam - my favourite trophy!!! (ps3t)
HairySpud - [PS3T] Assassin's Creed II - Assassin for Hire
OverNLNEthousand ([PS3Tkira]) - LittleBigPit / PS3T
cromazonic - PS3T - It Belongs in a Museum
freemantim - Vault 101 Super Mutant PS3T
zexoforce (lilymu123) - Brutal Legends boar bather PS3T
Landail - PS3T - Wanted trophy

Hope to see levels from GAF members soon! ;)

trk_rkd

Banned
PS3 has beend dead for two months now and although it died when i was in the middle of heavy rain and although i haven't been able to play gow3 in the comfort of my own home... this is still the game i'm missing most

(and wipeout fury)

pity there aren't more brilliant psp levels... i thought studio cambdrige did a great job with the sp psp lbp levels but the community stuff isn't nearly of the same quality as the ps3 (even given the hardware constraints etc)

crispyben

The Backlogathon thread inspire me to get back to games I hadn't finished, and this was first in the pile. I just finished the Story Mode, and I did curse the game a few times :D I saw there's a Gold Trophy for acing all levels, but I don't think I could get through the Bunker on one life without losing my mind :lol

Holy shit...

I just got word I'll be heading out to Washington D.C. for the winners event for the 2010 Digital Media Learning Competition for my STEM Cell Sackboy project. We might meet some senior White House officials there... c'mon Obama!

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!! :D :D :D

Top Bottom