• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

Jump, I loved the Tick Tock level!

donkey show said:
Holy shit...

I just got word I'll be heading out to Washington D.C. for the winners event for the 2010 Digital Media Learning Competition for my STEM Cell Sackboy project. We might meet some senior White House officials there... c'mon Obama!

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE!!! :D :D :D

Holy shit congrats!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
donkey show said:
Holy shit...

I just got word I'll be heading out to Washington D.C. for the winners event for the 2010 Digital Media Learning Competition for my STEM Cell Sackboy project. We might meet some senior White House officials there... c'mon Obama!

So awesome. Sincere congratulations!

Thanks a lot guys! I just cleared out my entire calendar at work next week for this event. Work backlog when I get back, FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

netguy503

crispyben said:
The Backlogathon thread inspire me to get back to games I hadn't finished, and this was first in the pile. I just finished the Story Mode, and I did curse the game a few times :D I saw there's a Gold Trophy for acing all levels, but I don't think I could get through the Bunker on one life without losing my mind :lol

Seriously!? After I learned I could hang on to the material inside the giant wheel that level was a piece of cake.

rass

netguy503 said:
Seriously!? After I learned I could hang on to the material inside the giant wheel that level was a piece of cake.
what.
I need to try that shit again.
I lent LBP to a friend and she lost it though. This is... not good.

donkey show said:
Holy shit...

congratulations! I know you would, what are you going do with all the $ I know what I would do

pirorin_6300.gif

bovo

In a last attempt to get some creator hearts, I've made a level based on the first 5 levels of Manic Miner, called "Return to the Central Cavern" (Author: bovo, lbp location: central europe I think).

So far have 15 plays with only tag being "Tricky", but Manic Miner was never particularly easy, so I think thats about right...

I actually enjoy playing this (which is an improvement on the last level I made:lol ) so hope someone else tries it!

Here are 3 of the 5 rooms:

vwsqd5.png

scgakm.png

255mdky.png

mclem

bovo said:
In a last attempt to get some creator hearts, I've made a level based on the first 5 levels of Manic Miner, called "Return to the Central Cavern" (Author: bovo, lbp location: central europe I think).

So far have 15 plays with only tag being "Tricky", but Manic Miner was never particularly easy, so I think thats about right...

I actually enjoy playing this (which is an improvement on the last level I made:lol ) so hope someone else tries it!

Here are 3 of the 5 rooms:

vwsqd5.png

scgakm.png

255mdky.png

I checked out some Manic Miner levels a while ago, but yours looks a lot truer to the design.

Thanks again guys! Now for some hype de-escalation! :lol

Some details have changed a bit so the info dropped earlier is null and void, but you'll see some new info at the end of the month. :D :D :D

mooooose

Hey I was wondering if a couple of people want to help me get a few remaining prize bubbles in story mode? I'm a 98% overall, I just need the 4-player one from one of the final levels (I have three controllers, so that should help) and one other I think.

I'll post up my PSN name if anyone is interested in helping a poor sap.

CozMick

Banned
96% of the goodies & prizes, Arrrggghhh!!

It's becoming too damn hard to find those Prize bubbles now.

Damn, I <3 this damn game :lol

netguy503

mooooose said:
Hey I was wondering if a couple of people want to help me get a few remaining prize bubbles in story mode? I'm a 98% overall, I just need the 4-player one from one of the final levels (I have three controllers, so that should help) and one other I think.

I'd be happy to join you and the person above me. PSN: Netguy503. Just put GAF- LBP or something like that as I don't accept blank friend requests. People with mics are more in favor for me as well as it is a way better form of communication than text.:D

trk_rkd

Banned
sold my copy of this game on yesterday's announcement (PS3 ylod & i won't be getting a new one til the end of the year). goodbye lbp1, you were top3 this gen (on the podium with wipeout hd and kz2). lbp2, i shall see you presently.

CozMick

Banned
Well, I finally Aced all the story levels.

What a ride, and the costume you get for finishing the "boss" without dying is superb.

Now I'm having a tough time finding the remaining 4% of the Prize bubbles.

99% complete here, 98% complete there.................URGH!

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I had 100% prize-bubbles but somehow my save file got corrupted and I had to delete it start over, I've got the trophy though but still it's bugging me that I don't have 100%. :\ I think I'm at 90%, missing only MP ones I think.

And the online has got lot better since launch! Hopefully LBP2 MP is not as laggy as LBP1 was until recently.

Calion

mooooose said:

I'll certainly help you out, I happen to need those few prize bubbles as well. PSN: Calion82v

barnone

What are the significant (or must have) DLC packs? As in features over costumes and stickers. I know of the Metal Gear Solid pack, are there any others? Water is in the Pirates pack right? Opinions on the worthwhile-ness of individual packs are also welcome :D

RobbieNick said:
My local TRU has got the LBP toys in!! I finally got a Sackboy plushie!! Been waiting for one of these forever.
Are these the ones that are finally in store?

2010maypickup01.jpg

They have some in stock at Amazon if you guys wanna grab some. :D. They come in two packs and cost a bit less than buying one individually.

rc213

netguy503 said:
I'd be happy to join you and the person above me. PSN: Netguy503. Just put GAF- LBP or something like that as I don't accept blank friend requests. People with mics are more in favor for me as well as it is a way better form of communication than text.:D

I could help as well, I just need the 4p from like 2-3 levels. @99% i think.

Community Spotlight from LBPC

PS3

CyberFox Trilogy Parts II and III by Holguin86/Holguin86
Sprolling Hills by warlord_evil/warlord_evil
Holy Clucking Cowbells by GrantosUK/GruntosUK
LBP2 - The Gardens by TOBSn08 + Lokomotivetoto/LittleBigQueen
Fat Chipmunk by fullofwin/Elvenbane
OH NO!!! THE PRINCESS!!! World 7: Pipe Maze by CaptainCowboyHat/CaptainCowboyHat
The 2099 Aerostation Project : Mars by Asbestos101/Asbestos101
Security Breach by javi_haguse/javi_haguse
Ghost of Sparta - Between worlds by kn0cked--0ut/kn0cked--0ut

PSP

Article 5 by Spark151/Spark151
A Million To One by Bovrillor/Bovrillor
Sackula [PART TWO] by ali985/Alismuffin

Enjoy should keep you going as we wait for LBP2 news

r1chard

Was a bit nonplussed by most of the LBPC spotlight levels - Clucking Cowbells had some funny bits in it but the level design was a bit cramped in places (resulting in accidental death, and the barrel shooting bit was trickier than it needed to be). The Little Big Planet 2 series by LittleBigQueen (you have to start with Little Big Planet 2 - A New Beginning to be able to access The Garden) were pretty good.

After playing those though I tried some random popular levels and stumbled on the fantastic work of steve_big_guns! I highly recommend all the levels - I thoroughly enjoyed Sky Factory and Digitized Reality: The Lab - especially humour in both and the awesome ending of the latter.

When did LBP get pipes?

r1chard said:
Was a bit nonplussed by most of the LBPC spotlight levels - Clucking Cowbells had some funny bits in it but the level design was a bit cramped in places (resulting in accidental death, and the barrel shooting bit was trickier than it needed to be). The Little Big Planet 2 series by LittleBigQueen (you have to start with Little Big Planet 2 - A New Beginning to be able to access The Garden) were pretty good.

After playing those though I tried some random popular levels and stumbled on the fantastic work of steve_big_guns! I highly recommend all the levels - I thoroughly enjoyed Sky Factory and Digitized Reality: The Lab - especially humour in both and the awesome ending of the latter.

When did LBP get pipes?

Just discovered Steve_big_guns yesterday. I support this message.

Also, do yourselves a favour people and play Security breach by javi_haguse... its inspirational.

r1chard

Yeah, I don't remember playing that one even though it's in the spotlight. Will give it a try!

Oh, and going back to LBP after playing a bunch of NSMB2 was like a dream. Way nicer controls, much better hit detection with baddies. Just a whole lot more fun all around.

sophora said:
Awesome work! Does make me really excited for the possibilities with LBP2 if you're able to do something like this in LBP. Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to what else you're planning to do.
Thanks man, much appreciated!

Anyway, it just got announced I won "Best in Class: Artistic" for Stem Cell Sackboy in the digital media learning competition! I also found out my budget got doubled as well! :D

I'll post the full list of winners when it goes up officially on the press release.

Up & Away In Sky Town 2
by: Jump_Button

Any one who played Up & Away In Sky Town should have a idea what this is about. The idea is the player holding on to a balloon to sail across the sky, they are parts where you have to let go.

Hope you find it a light hearted level and dont feel the need to rush. Sky Town levels are special to me and couln't help myself, and i hope you enjoy it.

pics allways make it look bad

aphotow.jpg

aphoto1x.jpg

aphoto2x.jpg

Edgeward

donkey show said:
Are these the ones that are finally in store?

[ img]http://Www.daviddino.com/2010maypickup01.jpg[ /img]

They have some in stock at Amazon if you guys wanna grab some. :D. They come in two packs and cost a bit less than buying one individually.

Is the Senario ones the official or best ones? I want one but there seems to be another one made by a different company and I don't want a cheap build. ._.

Saw this on my way into work this morning outside Columbus, OH. Sorry the quality. My cell phone is about 4 years old.

It was a Sony California address on the front but it's all blurry in the pic.

0525100820.jpg

0525100824.jpg

0525100823.jpg

0525100822.jpg

0525100821.jpg

onken

Well after half making about a dozen levels I finally decided to publish one. It doesn't really stand up to any of the masterpieces in here but I'd like to think of it as a start and it's quite fun I reckon :)

Anyway, just do a text search for @onken it's "Mountain Lair" the only one I've published, and go easy on me ;D

LBPC Community Spotlight Episode 40

PS3

(LBW5) The Paint Factory survival challenge by ptwob/ptwob
The Rat Ruler's Castle - Part of a New Story Mode by Hallm3/hallm3
I am Just a Cowboy by DainBramage/DainBramage
The Cave of the Green Monster: REMAKE by EKR-Malo/EKR-Malo
2 player - EHV23 - U.F.O. pilots license school by C_McKamey & Luos_Desruc/c_mckamey
2 Player - EHV23 - U.F.O. Earth Explorersby Luos_Desruc & C_McKamey/Luos_Desruc
In Search of Treasure - Skull Rock by BlahYourHamster/BlahYourHamster
Lost Ages III
by DeftMute/DeftMute
Infinity Spires - HARD by SLS10/SLS10
Surreal Suicide by obsoleteXeo/obsoleteXeo
Up & Away In Sky Town 2 by jump_button/Jump_button

PSP

Cavernous Canyon by Dhana777/SchottiSM
Jimmy's Room by VelcroJonze/VelcroJonze
Sack Invaders by famouscustard/famouscustard

enjoy :)

Nicktendo86

I just got the PSP version yesterday and I must say the music in the first level (the Australian one) was amazing. Not sure why but it sounded great, made me feel like I was exploring. Hope it holds up but looks like they did a great job with the portable version, very impressed.

Edgeward said:
Is the Senario ones the official or best ones? I want one but there seems to be another one made by a different company and I don't want a cheap build. ._.
Sorry for the way late reply. The Senario ones are great quality as they are also official as well.

donkey show said:
2010maypickup01.jpg

Amazon doesn't have Chop Chop sackboy plush. He's my favorite.

Top Bottom