• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logitech responds about PS4 wheel support - Sony demands advanced security

I have a G27 wheel and 2 of my friends also have it. I am the only one that bought Project Cars because my friends didn't want to play it with the Dual Shock. Whenever they add support for the wheel I won't only be able to use my wheel, but also to play with 2 of my best friends. Really looking forward for the patch.

I don't understand why they aren't working on supporting DFGT and G25 though, they are esentially the same wheel.

Thats silly, isnt 90% of the driver code the same on all those wheels (DFGT, G25/G27) :(

That's why I wouldn't take this as the gospel. Wait until we get an actual announcement rather the a customer service email. Because customer service responses don't always tend to be factual.

Shaneus

My name is Kenneth V., I understand that you would like assistance with your G27 Racing Wheel.

As for the moment, we currently don't have a definite timeframe on when our racing wheel will be supported on PS4. But yes, we are already on the process of incorporating our gaming wheel to PS4. But mainly we will be focusing on the G27 only and later model.

For future reference your case reference number is 00705258. This will allow us to quickly find the contact history when you need additional help. If we do not receive a reply, your support request will eventually be closed and set to "solved". A survey will be sent to you to gather your feedback.

To contact us by phone or obtain additional information (FAQ's, Forum, Manuals, etc.) please visit support.logitech.com

Best regards,
Kenneth V.
Logitech Customer Care
So G27 and G29 support only.

Is that G27 box a new shifter with the bogus security chip in it to add PS4 compatibility?
From here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...supported-on-ps4.313485/page-55#post-10699538

Oh man I hope that G27 news is true. Even if I have to buy a new shifter, well worth it to keep my wheel and finally enjoy some racing games on PS4.

Nhutty

Haven't bought any racing games on PS4 due to my G27 not being compatible. All my G27 owning friends are in the same boat. Hopefully this happens soon.

DieH@rd

Banned
Gamereactor says that the wheel will cost 189€ [shifter sold separately]! Unveil will most likely happen at E3.

flereinformationerlogqhs23.jpg

If that pricepoint is correct, then T300 just got very strong competition.

Jilt

Given how similar it looks to the DFGT and G27, you'd have to think the internals aren't all that much different.

To make it at that price range, it won't be that different from a G27!

Actually, I think it is a G27 with some adaptions to make it usefull for the PS4 and not get it overpriced.

I don't care really, I will not spend 600 euro's plus on a wheel. I think the G27 is still a good wheel, hell I use my trusted old G25 for over 5 years now, it never let me down!

Top Bottom