• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOL, ROFL, LMAO, LMFAO. Different ways to get laughing across the internet. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

segarr

I love how people use different ways to express laughter online. You can tell more about the person like if someone says "jajaja"; I know they are Spanish speaking. If they say "wwwww"; I know they are Japanese(or a weeaboo but at least it tells me they're into Japanese culture I guess).

I don't know it's just a cool thing I like I guess. Anyway, I usually just use "hah" or "haha".

segarr

I love how people use different ways to express laughter online. You can tell more about the person like if someone says "jajaja"; I know they are Spanish speaking. If they say "wwwww"; I know they are Japanese(or at least it tells me they're into Japanese culture I guess). I don't know it's just a cool thing that is interesting to me.

Anyway, I usually just use "hah" or "haha". "lol" seems to have become almost a sarcastic, condescending way of saying "that's not funny and you are stupid" sort of thing. I never use it seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom