• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lol the 4090 is the size of the orginal xbox or something

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Aaaaaaaaaand just like that, I'll be waiting for the 4070 ti \ super variant.
nvidia-gtx690-lego-card.jpg

Buggy Loop

TUF 3090 vs 4090 :messenger_astonished:

nqMpAC8.png
67VVR8j.png

Wow

The 3080 Ti Asus TUF I have, is I guess the same cooling/shroud as the 3090, and THAT is a big bitch (but oh so cool thermally and low noise, fantastic card).

That 4090 wouldn’t fit in my SFF case for sure.

anothertech

Yup. Definitely the 'skip a gen' generation. 5090 let's go.

Honestly, they should just stick a cpu and power supply in the housing and make it an all in one system lol.

Gamerguy84

Came for a Rob scheider gif but it's not here.

You need a pole inside the PC to support it lol.. Powerful as hell though it's crazy how we went from all these little incremental jumps over the years to this.

Yeah it's pretty crazy although that's what happens with these bleeding edge PC parts. That thing is as powerful as a PS6 or more and we won't be seeing that kind of tech in a console at least until 2028 at a minimum.
Considering the ps6 isn’t coming out till 2028 it’s more like 5090 levels it only being a 4090 would be equivalent to the ps5 only being a 1089

i know these cards are huge but it doesn't really matter. they still fit in cases so whatever.

and it really goes to show how silly and weak both consoles are when the GPU itself is almost as big as an entire console lol. you still need your motherboard, CPU, RAM, cooler, SSD, PSU. PCs are absolute beasts. if you want the best quality and performance in your games then PC is the only choice. consoles look like cheap little toys in comparison.

coffinbirth

Feel bad for the mini itx and micro atx market with this one. I'd love to build a console sized pc but DAMN these new gpus are making it hard
You can fit it in an ITX case. "Console sized", however, probably not so much, unless you get crazy and cut the card down and water cool it, lol.
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/max/mini-itx/nr200p-max/
So, I know for a fact that a ASUS TUFF 3090TI fits in one of these guys, but it pretty much makes the glass panel option...not an option due to how close the fans are to the panel, but I'm not sure exactly how much chonkier this guy is. Might have to mod the back panel a bit and setup support brackets and use a shorter, or non-rigid riser cable. I'll likely be doing exactly that once 4090 TI rolls around.

Last edited:

Three

You can fit it in an ITX case. "Console sized", however, probably not so much, unless you get crazy and cut the card down and water cool it, lol.
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/max/mini-itx/nr200p-max/
So, I know for a fact that a ASUS TUFF 3090TI fits in one of these guys, but it pretty much makes the glass panel option...not an option due to how close the fans are to the panel, but I'm not sure exactly how much chonkier this guy is. Might have to mod the back panel a bit and setup support brackets and use a shorter, or non-rigid riser cable. I'll likely be doing exactly that once 4090 TI rolls around.
This makes me more sad that EVGA will no longer work with nvidia because they did some good factory watercooled cards.

Top Bottom