• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London football fan who fought attackers barehanded shouted 'F*** you, I’m Millwall'

Skatterd

Vanilla%20Milkshake.jpg

sponsor-a-duck

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
We all knew it was going to happen sooner or later. The Milkshake duck never rests.

I got blasted by quite a few people I know for daring to suggest this guy was probably racist. Frying up some crow right now. But yes, he saved lives not trying to downplay that.

slider

Lol, even his dogs seem to wanna disown him. Stupid cunt.

Edit: Looks like Elephant and Castle. It's mega busy at that roundabout.

He fought back against armed men trying to kill people.

For that, he's a hero. Even if for just that one night.

Now, if he wants to fuck up his image with racist comments, well, that's why I tell people to be careful about who you worship.

But for one night, when the shit hit the fan, he stood up and fought back when everyone else was running and screaming. So, he gets props for that, if only for that.

This is from before the terrorist thing.

Looks like he feels under attack and under a lot of stress, especially because he's trying to walk dogs, but the language is unfortunate.

Looks like he feels under attack and under a lot of stress, especially because he's trying to walk dogs, but the language is unfortunate.

Totally.

I usually spit at people, launch into racist tirades, threaten and lunge at people when I'm under a lot of stress too.

Audioboxer

Ah, so it is. I should have noticed with "February" at the start, or scrolled all the way down (or clicked there are no scars on him in the video)

The video was shot in February in the Elephant and Castle area of London, apparently during a student protest. It was posted months before Mr Larner was hailed as a hero for his actions in the Black & Blue bar at London Bridge, but has emerged in the wake of the huge number of donations that have been raised for him.

The video has been posted online under the caption ”hero?"

Unfortunately, this is what happens if you go viral, people dig up your past. Feb wasn't that long ago though. I guess as many speculated you do not get many well-adjusted people who attempt to take on terrorists bare-handed shouting something like "Fuck you, I'm Millwall". That and being a Millwall fan had a fair few saying bet he's a bit of a bell-end.

Heroic act, but you can't go around behaving like in that video and expect people to respect you. People with dodgy views/beliefs/behaviour can still do good/heroic things. Hopefully, for his sake, any heat he now faces from this offers some self-reflection.

norm9

I got blasted by quite a few people I know for daring to suggest this guy was probably racist. Frying up some crow right now. But yes, he saved lives not trying to downplay that.

Why would you suggest dude was a racist? Obviously in hindsight you're correct in your assessment, but what initially tipped you off?

III-V

4 or 5 pints, eh?

People usually underestimate these things lol so assuming 6 British pints, we are just over a gallon of beer.

Hell yea bring it on.

MrS

Banned
images.jpg

And nobody is surprised.

This would be a correct comparison if Milwall played in the EPL but it doesn't. They play in a third rate league that's a couple notches above being an amateur team. Comparing them to an NFL team doesn't work.
Millwall are a Championship club and are nowhere near amateur level. You should consider looking in to these things before posting factually incorrect information.

That third rate league is probably just below the standard of the MLS :)
If Bradley Wright-Philips can be a superstar in the MLS, that probably suggests that the standard of that league is considerably below the standard of the Championship.

Why would you suggest dude was a racist? Obviously in hindsight you're correct in your assessment, but what initially tipped you off?

"I'm Milwall"

This would be a correct comparison if Milwall played in the EPL but it doesn't. They play in a third rate league that's a couple notches above being an amateur team. Comparing them to an NFL team doesn't work.

tbf, neither does comparing the Detroit Lions to an NFL team.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
So basically he had a valid excuse to have a few beers and beat the shit out of some brown people?

By the way, what on earth is a milkshake duck? An American term?

Someone noticed how often people who get famous made on the internet/become a meme turn out to be racist fucks so they made a joke tweet where a fictitious duck got famous for drinking a milkshake and then followed up that tweet with another one which let us know milkshake duck is racist

And thus a phrase, milkshake duck, was born to describe how often people who get internet famous for doing something cool/badass/cute/inspiring then turn out to be racist shitheads when their fame shines a light on the rest of their behavior.

Spuck-uk

Banned
If you drink crap you can. Unless prices have surged in the 2 years since I've been to London.

Decent beer was £6-8, but we were generally going to nice pubs with good food.

Made me miss €4 pints in Dublin, but I had locals taking me to hole in the wall neighborhood pubs.

You can get a decent pint for £4 in London if you go to local, not tourist places.

Audioboxer

Someone noticed how often people who get famous made on the internet/become a meme turn out to be racist fucks so they made a joke tweet where a fictitious duck got famous for drinking a milkshake and then followed up that tweet with another one which let us know milkshake duck is racist

And thus a phrase, milkshake duck, was born to describe how often people who get internet famous for doing something cool/badass/cute/inspiring then turn out to be racist shitheads when their fame shines a light on the rest of their behavior.

Ah okay. I got a general vibe for what it meant it's just such a unique way of putting it. I like both milkshakes and ducks too lol. Every time I see a duck now I'm just going to think of the Millwall guy :/ Thanks, GAF.

To be fair to Millwall fans though they're not just racists, they'll be cunts and pick fights with anyone. I'm sure if you go to Youtube and seach "Millwall fans vs" you'll get plenty of results.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
To be fair to Millwall fans though they're not just racists, they'll be cunts and pick fights with anyone. I'm sure if you go to Youtube and seach "Millwall fans vs" you'll get plenty of results.

Milkshake Duck would get beaten up for enjoying a dairy based product, before being welcomed as one of their own.

Top Bottom