• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London football fan who fought attackers barehanded shouted 'F*** you, I’m Millwall'

This makes me smile like whenever I see an article about an Aussie punching an attacking shark. Makes the heart swell with pride and amusement.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
well could have been worse could have been match day and they wander into a millwall pub post match after a massive loss to westham..

gallows humour I guess.

I'd be careful about being too effusive with your praise. He's done good here, no doubt, but one can't help but wonder if Mr "fucking nutter who fights multiple armed assailants with his bare hands" Lamer may have used his violence powers for evil, in the past, as well as good.

Stop it, you.

How the hell do you draw these conclusions?

Guy fought of three terrorist. And your response to that is: it will probably turn out he is racist later on.

How do you make those jumps in your mind?

Because this is the internet and we probably already have people digging into his past.

Quake1028

The Lion of London Bridge. Wouldn't be out of place in Game of Thrones or any other fantasy work. Might be the most badass nickname in the history of nicknames.

London bar scene is super expensive depending which area you're in. I remember ordering two cocktails and the guy is like "£ 50 please"

I'm stood there, in shock hearing the "£50 please" in -20x speed slowmotion, all whilst getting the feeling I'm taking a slow motion cock slap to the face.

Holy shit.. what a badass. Say what you want, but dude is a true hero. Probably saved someones life that night... and put up a fight for the ages.

DBT85

London bar scene is super expensive depending which area you're in. I remember ordering two cocktails and the guy is like "£ 50 please"

I'm stood there, in shock hearing the "£50 please" in -20x speed slowmotion, all whilst getting the feeling I'm taking a slow motion cock slap to the face.

You really did get a cock to the face.

Plenty of pubs and bars that don't bend you over like that in London.

Trouble

Banned
You won't get a pint for a fiver in London mate.

If you drink crap you can. Unless prices have surged in the 2 years since I've been to London.

Decent beer was £6-8, but we were generally going to nice pubs with good food.

Made me miss €4 pints in Dublin, but I had locals taking me to hole in the wall neighborhood pubs.

Zaph

Not sure where you went, but you either got ripped off or paid somebody else's bill. Not even the Firehouse charges £25/cocktail, unless it's a champagne cocktail.

AP90

Millwall pls.
tumblr_mdjql3ZJo91ryy1tbo2_250.gif

Thought of green street hooligans as well!

RenditMan

Banned
In what time frame?

4 or 5 pints will put my ass in bed if I drink em too close together. And I ain't a little dude or a light drinker... by American standards I guess...

A lot of Brits will have 5 pints in the shower whilst getting ready to go out.

RefigeKru

Banned
Stop it, you.

Because this is the internet and we probably already have people digging into his past.

Thought about posting this earlier but didn't but since it's come up I'll chime in.

Don't want to denigrate the man himself for his actions as heroic as they are. Millwall football club has been synonymous with racist football hooliganism for a while now. I used to live in Bermondsey and grew in one of the most racist estate blocks in that region and I can tell you as a black person it doesn't fill me with much esteem to see people champion "Fuck you, I'm Millwall" when I've been called nigger and a coon by it's supporters, seen them run impromptu rallies, chanting through my streets and spray over my older brothers car, write on our doors, etc....

My experience has taught me to avoid Millwall like the plague so I see where they're coming from. Not saying he's a racist, he just happens to go into war shouting the club which happens to be Number 1 with racists in my neck of the woods.

milanbaros

Member?

You got ripped off. You will get charged less than that in the shard ffs.

As a resident Londoner some of these prices are insane. Are you walking into a dickens/Shakespeare pub in Leicester square or something?

Drink prices are high but I would only say 25% more than say Manchester or Edinburgh.

I can only imagine where some of you are going.

£50? I would've walked out refusing to pay.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Damn I must have turned into a lightweight in my old age. I'll drink 5-6 beers a night on a weekend but it's over the course of a few hours. 6 beers in an hour would probably have me pretty damn drunk. Hell, just last Friday I had 3 beers in under an hour and I was definitely feeling that.

I don't know anything about buying drinks in England, but that guy is a badass. Hope he has a swift recovery (though I doubt he won't, with his strength).

Top Bottom