• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

London football fan who fought attackers barehanded shouted 'F*** you, I’m Millwall'

Good work. But also: seems like a classic Milkshake Duck waiting to happen.

C4-5lfDWMAYU3bc.jpg

El-Suave

Good work. But also: seems like a classic Milkshake Duck waiting to happen.

Yeah, let's hope it doesn't. l remember the Italian police officer who shot the terrorist who drove a van into the Berlin Christmas market. He was up for some high honors in Germany and then they found pictures of him giving a Nazi salute. That ended that. We can use all the heroes we can get.

painey

Excuse me?

it means that this guy is currently a hero whilst every newspaper in the UK has reporters searching through his records to find out what heinous, villainous atrocities he committed as a teenager so they can put him on the front page tomorrow as the bad guy. That's the way the media works.

it means that this guy is currently a hero whilst every newspaper in the UK has reporters searching through his records to find out what heinous, villainous atrocities he committed as a teenager so they can put him on the front page tomorrow as the bad guy. That's the way the media works.

Sort of, although I was worried less about what he's done in the past and more that we're in for some sort of "Here's what our Lion of London Bridge says we need to do about these Jihadi bastards" accompanied by something not so great.

Rran

“I got stabbed and sliced eight times. They got me in my head, chest and both hands. There was blood everywhere.
Despite his injuries, he said he followed them outside.

goddamn I grew a couple more chest hairs just reading that

Now out of the intensive care ward of St Thomas’ Hospital, where he was treated for knife wounds all over his body including his neck, the father-of-one has told The Sun how he reacted when the killers burst into the restaurant shouting “Islam, Islam” and “This is for Allah”.

“Like an idiot,” he told the newspaper, “I shouted back at them. I thought, ‘I need to take the p*** out of these b******s’.”

“I took a few steps towards them and said, ‘F*** you, I’m Millwall’. So they started attacking me.”

Mr Larner added: “I stood in front of them trying to fight them off. Everyone else ran to the back.

“I was on my own against all three of them, that’s why I got hurt so much.

“It was just me, trying to grab them with my bare hands and hold on. I was swinging.

“I got stabbed and sliced eight times. They got me in my head, chest and both hands. There was blood everywhere.

“They were saying, ‘Islam, Islam!’. I said again, ‘F*** you, I’m Millwall!’

“It was the worst thing I could have done as they carried on attacking me.

“Luckily, none of the blows were straight at me or I’d be dead.”

Jesus Christ.

lol

Dude had some serious Beer Muscles going on there.

Badass. If this is not what medals are for, I don't know what is.

Are you seriously "he's no angel"-ing a guy who single-handedly took on three knife-wielding terrorists unarmed buying time for everyone else to escape? I bet you were tut-tutting the ale-loving dwarves throughout the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy too.

Well I was joking really but Millwall fans have a certain rep. There are very good reasons why "no-one likes them".

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
When I saw this thread I thought that Millwall was the guy's name.

If that can't be true, the fact that it's a team is the next best thing.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Millwall's reputation still has some way to go. If he can take out ISIS by next Tuesday, then I'll reconsider.

Nintenleo

At the very least he probably won't pay for his drinks for a very long time.

For a VERY long time.

A friend of his opened a JustGiving crowdfunding page for him. He's homeless right now, and his friend tried to collect 500 pounds in a month for him.

Well, three days after, he collected 32.289 pounds!! And there are still 27 days to go.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/jayne-jacob

A beautiful story in a sad time of tragedy.

moggio

Banned
Serious question (mostly for Americans, I guess), is 4 or 5 pints considered a lot?

Most people drink that before they leave the house for a night out.

#keepitsession

Seeing your family in danger and the flight and fight kicks in.....I'm just glad he's ok.

May the rest of his days be uneventful and mundane......

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Serious question (mostly for Americans, I guess), is 4 or 5 pints considered a lot?

#keepitsession

4-5 cans of Bud Light is a lot for most Americans.

marrec

Banned

#keepitsession

In what time frame?

4 or 5 pints will put my ass in bed if I drink em too close together. And I ain't a little dude or a light drinker... by American standards I guess...

Top Bottom