• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lonely Planet's top 10 travel destinations 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laieon

You guys just need to go out more and see what your country actually has to offer.

To be fair, I think this can be said about plenty of countries/people. I think a lot of people underestimate what their countries have to offer, sometimes it's nice to see things as a tourist would.

IISANDERII

*salutes*

Canada #1 again is no surprise. Our maple syrup is the envy of the world, our milk is Packaged in state of the art containers and our love for our fellow man is as Canadian as our love for hockey.

Unlike those smelly Americans.
I needed table syrup and on the shelf I spotted 100% maple syrup and it was $10 whereas the regular table syrup was $1.60. Thought I'd spoil myself so I went for the maple syrup but I don't like it as much. I remember going on a field trip when I was kid and we got to sample maple syrup right out the tree and it was so good. I wonder what happened in 20yrs.

Meadows

Banned
UK should make the list, it's as cheap as it's ever going to be if you're interested in Victorian era stuff, or the royals.

Corto

Portugal! YAY Açores are an absolute gem indeed. And plane tickets are rather inexpensive right now as low cost companies now have flights there. Lisbon 3-4 days, Porto 3 days, Azores 8 days. Perfect holidays.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cool I have been to 1 and 2 as well.

I will say though, Cape Town was fucking amazing and I really want to go back. If you can make it at any point, definitely try. I never felt threatened at all but I am 6'4 and I am pretty street smart having grown up in the Bronx and Washington Heights NYC.

FStop7

Banned
To add to the LA list: besides the Getty Center and Villa there are also The Broad, MOCA, and LACMA museums. And if you're into cars there's The Petersen, which just went through a complete renovation. Even if you're not into cars it's worth the visit. LA is killing it right now when it comes to museums and galleries.

DrSlek

South Australia at #5 on the top 10 regions. Woo!

IN YOUR FACE, EASTER STATES!....except you, Tasmania. You're okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom