• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Long-Running Rock Band DLC Sale Ends Oct. 6th

Already known in the RB4 thread, but I figured this was big enough news for its' own thread.

DLC SALE UPDATE

We’ve had the awesome and incredibly busy task of adding Rock Band 4 gameplay features (like Freestyle Guitar Solos and Dynamic Drum Fills) to our legacy DLC that is now available in the store. We’ve managed to carry over 1700 pieces of legacy DLC so that players can begin searching, re-downloading, and purchasing Rock Band content. Because of this, on October 6th when Rock Band 4 releases, all DLC singles on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 will be $1.99. This includes all legacy DLC singles (if you haven’t already purchased it), and future DLC singles. Because of this, the long-running DLC sale on Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 on pre-Rock Band 3 DLC is finally coming to an end. It’s been three years that this content has been 50% off. It will be returning to full price at $1.99 per track. Additionally, all packs will also be returning to their original full price.

On October 6th, about 1,200 Rock Band songs (all of which compatible with RB4) will go off sale, changing in price from $1 to $2. It's a massive list, and includes some of the game's best stuff. If you're looking to get in on the fun, go out and buy now.

Edit : A list of the sale songs, might be easier to look here first - then search on the site. Thanks to Apoc29.

Allforce

That is a daunting list the OP linked to on the Xbox market, over 6000 results? How do we even know what stuff will be carried over to RB4? The story only claims 1700 songs.

A poor solution to massive overuse of the term.

Massive overuse where, though? Why punish Gaming for an apparent problem elsewhere?

Nobody here ever expressed frustration or had a problem with it.

I don't know why it bothers me so much. I have nothing else to live for, I guess.

Is there an easier way to sort and view the songs? Like, get the artist name in there as well?

Easiest way I've found is on the 360, using the Rock Band Store app. Specific section for the sale, organized by artist name/song name/etc. As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to replicate that on the web interface.

DJ_Lae

Oh man, I don't know if I can hack sifting through more than a dozen pages of results - I'm seeing lots of songs for $1.99 in addition to $1.00, too, for whatever reason (I know the Beatles stuff is more expensive, and incompatible, but that's not it).

That is a daunting list the OP linked to on the Xbox market, over 6000 results? How do we even know what stuff will be carried over to RB4? The story only claims 1700 songs.

Is there a way to better isolate the list? I just pulled up the full DLC list for Rock Band, but you're right. RBN & Beatles stuff will not transfer. Plus plenty of songs in that list aren't on sale. If anybody's got a better way, I'll update the OP.

Easiest way I've found is on the 360, using the Rock Band Store app. Specific section for the sale, organized by artist name/song name/etc. As far as I can tell, there isn't a way to replicate that on the web interface.

Hmm, well that sucks. Im 360-less now. As the poster on top said, I really wish there was an easier way. As it stands, probably wont take advantage of this as is.

Storm360

Oh man, I don't know if I can hack sifting through more than a dozen pages of results - I'm seeing lots of songs for $1.99 in addition to $1.00, too, for whatever reason (I know the Beatles stuff is more expensive, and incompatible, but that's not it).

$1 is only RB1/2 era DLC, RB3 era remained at $2

Ibuki

Banned

It's only legacy DLC that is on sale.

You can use this list if you want.

Thnaks for the heads up. Haven't really managed to go into the thread, but now that this is here, I might pick up some metal tracks to spice up the setlist a bit. Too bad we could never just buy the main games digitally and transfer them over. I really wanted to do that with number two.

The only legacy thing (I think it's a sale item at least) I want to get is the CCR pack. I'll have to get that then.
I'll probably just shove £10 on PSN and pick out my favourites.

Thnaks for the heads up. Haven't really managed to go into the thread, but now that this is here, I might pick up some metal tracks to spice up the setlist a bit. Too bad we could never just buy the main games digitally and transfer them over. I really wanted to do that with number two.

Apparently RB2 song transfers are still possible. The codes have expired by now, but EA's support site can apparently give out working replacements. This allows you to redeem those songs in RB3 (which will apparently carry over to RB4). The details still aren't firm, but it looks doable.

No Dragonforce DLC at all? I'm glad I never picked up Rock Band, all I played on GH3 was Dragonforce. Unless the new album/old singles hit RB4 I'll be giving RB4 a pass.

No Dragonforce DLC at all? I'm glad I never picked up Rock Band, all I played on GH3 was Dragonforce. Unless the new album/old singles hit RB4 I'll be giving RB4 a pass.

Through the Fire and Flames was DLC, and I'm sure there were a few other songs by them. If they're not there, they've either been delisted, or were RB3 DLC/not on sale.

Menaged

I have some Rush and The Who songs, anyone care to recommend some good songs on drums? They don't have to be really hard since I can't play "devil difficulty" (or whatever it's called) on expert, but just fun.

Thanks

_woLf

I'm glad they gave notice instead of the sale just ending out of thin air.

Will need to take a look at picking up some songs this weekend...

xzeldax3

I have some Rush and The Who songs, anyone care to recommend some good songs on drums? They don't have to be really hard since I can't play "devil difficulty" (or whatever it's called) on expert, but just fun.

Thanks
James Gang - Funk #49

MrNelson

Banned
I know they have Through the Fire and Flames and Operation Ground and Pound, but they are full price because they are RB3 dlc. I just bought TTFAF last night, so they're definitely still there.

Is it possible to buy some DLC without having any game? I'm planning on getting the band pack in a couple of weeks and it would be awesome to be able to get some of the old DLC for cheap.

I can't find them on the PSN web store. : /

Is it possible to buy some DLC without having any game? I'm planning on getting the band pack in a couple of weeks and it would be awesome to be able to get some of the old DLC for cheap.

I can't find them on the PSN web store. : /

yeah if you use the site it's real particular in its search terms and is a pain in the ass

You can buy the dlc from it though

Thanks

if you haven't bought the rock band 1 export key, do it now

its 5 bucks and it gets you the best drums song ever made (Maps by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. It was the song that made me switch to drums and made me believe this rock band thing was gonna work)

dave is ok

aztek is ok

Thanks
RHCP - Breaking the Girl
30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill
All American Rejects - Move Along
System of a Down - BYOB

Menaged

Thanks for that, I'll probably buy some PSN credit soon and download them.

I do have RB1, so I'll buy the export key while I'm at it.

And I also have BYOB. When I'm casually playing I don't bother with it because I remember not having fun with it...

With that said, some devil-tier songs can be quite fun even on hard, but it's really not the same thing.

Pyccko

Thanks

For my money, Stone Roses - Love Spreads is the funnest song in the whole catalog.

Minamu

Wtf, the biggest news to me is that rb4 is coming out in 4 days, is that really true? Instruments and everything? o_O

Both Breaking the Girl and BYOB are delisted, so there's no way to get them.

I was just checking through the PSN store, and BYOB and Get Up (I Feel Like Being a) Sex Machine were both showing up as available to buy on there, even though I know they were delisted a while ago.
Have they made removed songs available to buy again now RB4's coming out, or is this an error?

Edit: Never mind, I'm guessing it's an error as I've just put the Blitz store on and they're not showing up there. Still, it's a bit odd that they're still showing on the PSN store with a price, and not just item unavailable.

Didn't know a sale was going on. Gonna have to dig through my purchase history to see if I don't already own some of these as singles.

Tapejara

I didn't even know this sale was going on. Many tracks I've been meaning to pick up over the years. Anyone know if they still sell export keys for RB 2 and/or LEGO RB?

hodgy100

Wtf, the biggest news to me is that rb4 is coming out in 4 days, is that really true? Instruments and everything? o_O
Yes dude! The new instruments are expensive though. So if you have old ps3 ones they work on the ps4 version out the box :D

Menaged

Ouch, just saw that some really good songs won't export from RB1 and RB2.
I know I'm wayyyyyy LTTP, but still :/

Top Bottom