• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Long-Running Rock Band DLC Sale Ends Oct. 6th

MrNelson

Banned
I didn't even know this sale was going on. Many tracks I've been meaning to pick up over the years. Anyone know if they still sell export keys for RB 2 and/or LEGO RB?
If you're lucky you may be able to still get a working RB2 export key from EA, it just takes patience and a support rep that knows what they're doing. Lego RB's export expired a few months ago, so if you didn't do it you're out of luck.

Minamu

Yes dude! The new instruments are expensive though. So if you have old ps3 ones they work on the ps4 version out the box :D
That is some crazy talk, how come nobody is talking about this on gaf? Where are all the previews and stuff? :D This is one of my favorite franchises ever and I've missed a release date completely, first time ever xD Saw on wikipedia that the old instruments do work, that's excellent! I wonder how the song transfers will work, I haven't had the rb1 disc in years :/

Tapejara

If you're lucky you may be able to still get a working RB2 export key from EA, it just takes patience and a support rep that knows what they're doing. Lego RB's export expired a few months ago, so if you didn't do it you're out of luck.

Ah shitty.

That is some crazy talk, how come nobody is talking about this on gaf? Where are all the previews and stuff? :D This is one of my favorite franchises ever and I've missed a release date completely, first time ever xD Saw on wikipedia that the old instruments do work, that's excellent! I wonder how the song transfers will work, I haven't had the rb1 disc in years :/

There's been a pretty active thread pumping up the hype over the past few weeks, but I agree - it's easy to not realize this thing is coming out.

Right now the song transfers work as such - if you have a DLC song in your account's purchase history, it should show up as a free download when you find the song on PSN/XBL.

Disc transfers are looking a bit more iffy, and there are rumors that they won't be ready for launch. You can buy a code for all the Rock Band 1 songs on the past-gen console's digital library for $5, and apparently EA's support site will give working replacements for expired Rock Band 2 codes. Rock Band 3 can't be transferred yet, but Harmonix is apparently investigating. Rock Band Blitz can also be bought on past-gen systems, and will download a pack of songs as well. However none of this can be added to Rock Band 4 right now (since the packs aren't in the next-gen stores). Whether or not they'll be ready for launch, only time will tell.

I'm assuming that if my RB3 already has 1 and 2 imported in that I'm good to go or is there some new step I need to do? I'm aware they're working on a solution for exporting 3... or something.

farisr

It looks like all of the singles are now 1.99 on PSN

Yeah...

Damn it. I was planing on sifting through the songs tonight. I would've done it right away when I saw this topic yesterday if I had known, it seems that October 6th date was an assumption from the OP rather than something that Harmonix said. Sigh...

Yeah...

Damn it. I was planing on sifting through the songs tonight. I would've done it right away when I saw this topic yesterday if I had known, it seems that October 6th date was an assumption from the OP rather than something that Harmonix said. Sigh...
The site did say that 'on Oct 6, singles will be $1.99'. However, I suppose they never explicitly said what day the sale would end. Kind of a scummy move on their part (since it's obviously very easy to assume they meant the sale ends on the 6th.

jtkauff

They really ended it 2 days early? All the tracks on Xbox.com are $1.99.

What the fuck. :|

Everything I've been looking at has been on sale still, 30 or so random tracks, US Xbox 360. Bought one track pack so far at sale price, no problems, after you posted your comment. Keep in mind the Xbox One versions of the DLC has never been on sale - buy the 360 version and that should make the One version free on release, from what I understand.

drac96

Yeah, they definitely ended the sale early. Every song on the Sale list is now $1.99 unless it is in a track pack. Track packs still seem to be on sale, and if you buy the songs individually from them they are still $0.99

It's a bummer, but at least I got to get More Than A Feeling cheap!

EditL Actually, this is super inconsistent. For example, the Coheed and Cambria pack is $2.99, but individually the songs are $1.99. I've also seen some songs that are still $0.99. Perhaps the ones still on sale are the ones they haven't been able to move over to Xbox One and PS4 yet.

Top Bottom