• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loofah vs. Wash Cloth: How do you shower?

sarsAF

Neo Member

This!!

Korean washcloth is the best of both worlds. It's pretty much a luffa untangled. I never knew what they were at first my first when I was in korea. l just thought it was a really bad hand towel. That shit will change your life. It makes it so much easier to wash your back than using a scrunched up ball.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, according to one of my girl friends during freshman year of college, it wasn't uncommon for a lot of girls to just shower once or twice a weeks, with sprits of perfume in between. My ex used to do this and I hated it -_-
Wtf. That would be really bad for the sex life...hell, cuddle life would suffer too :/. If I did that my wife would go mad lol

MCD

Can't live without this:

Bath-SPA-Glove-font-b-Sponge-b-font-Household-Skin-font-b-Body-b-font-Massage.jpg

jwk94

Hmm that article is quick to point out the study isn't about plastic loofas so we might be ok still guys!
Plastic loofas? What's that?

Luffa (sometime use the luffa gloves) and African black soap.
Do you also use that black toothpaste?

Wtf. That would be really bad for the sex life...hell, cuddle life would suffer too :/. If I did that my wife would go mad lol

If she hadn't told me, I wouldn't have noticed...except in certain regions smh.

Bitanator

How do you lather liquid body wash up enough with just your hands, I have to use a shit ton of it just using my hands, and I never feel like an got clean enough doing it that way. If I use a cloth or loofah I squirt a dab and it lasts the whole shower.

Bar soaps leave my skin all squeaky and I hate that feeling, like a balloon being squeezed feeling. People cleaning their ass with just bar soap, do you toss it away afterward?

Huh, you learn something new every day. Today I learned how important wash cloths are to some people.

I use liquid soap and shampoo. Rub that all over and rinse with detachable shower head and hands. Works great. I usually go with a top down approach with head being shampooed first and rinsed. Then the body with the soap.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Body wash and my hands. I don't even know what a wash cloth is. I know what a loofah is, and it's supremely unsatisfying.

A long-ish loofah-washcloth hybrid (dunno what they're called but it's synthetic and very coarse) and body wash once or twice a week.

Bar soap directly on the skin when I'm in a hurry. Which is most days.

jwk94

Here's what I wanna know: do you rub the soap on the washcloth and then use it, or do you keep the bar in the washcloth while scrubbing your body?
Why would you keep the bar in the wash cloth? For added grip? I just rub the soap on the towel then later it with my hand and start washing.

Dervius

I love little differences like this in such common things, it can massively divide different people / cultures / countries. Like when I found out about Canadian bagged milk.

Shower gel and hands, that's all you need.

Alternatively locate partner, lather partner with shower gel, lather self on partner. Rinse, repeat.

Preezy

Don't you lotion?
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

shandy706

Absolutely hate the way loofahs feel. I don't feel clean when I use them. Always use a good washcloth and soap.

My girlfriend and I are shower every day people. Twice if I do anything that involves physical activity.

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Good god. I don't do anything else other than washing. People think I'm still in my twenties despite being 34.

Dervius

Absolutely hate the way loofahs feel. I don't feel clean when I use them. Always use a good washcloth and soap.

My girlfriend and I are shower every day people. Twice if I do anything that involves physical activity.

Good god. I don't do anything else other than washing. People think I'm still in my twenties despite being 34.

Missed that reference did ya...

pixeldash

Neo Member
Bath poufs are the only way to live. I actually order them in bulk from Amazon. Just opened up a new box this morning in fact.

McBryBry

When I was old enough to realize the loofah looked kinda gross after washing, I switched to hands. Bath & Body body wash lathers like gods gift, so I just some in my hand, use the ol' chest hair, and then clean myself.

br3wnor

Wash rag

People in here just use soap? No rag or loofah? How the hell do you wash ya ass?

So you wash your ass w/ your rag/loofah?

I don’t use any kind of shower aid, just the soap directly onto my body. If any part of me is particularly dirty (from yard work or something) I will use a loofah to scrub. Nether regions I just put body wash into my hands and take care of it, then wash my hands. Seems to be the most sanitary way.

Famassu

No, the people who use the same loofah or scrunchie for a year straight are wrong. And that should be obvious. The same could be said about tooth brushes.
Even if you ignore the bacteria, it's still not good for you to use anything else but hands & water. Even excessive soap usage & wrong kinds of soaps are bad, since they destroy natural fats & the good kind of microbes that are essential for a healthy skin.

Clockwork

I bet he doesn't even like Whitney Houston.

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.

Preezy

People that only use their hands - don't you feel that you're lacking that friction to remove dirt and dead skin? A super-slippery-soap-covered-hand isn't actually cleaning all that much, it's just smooshing soap everywhere. Might smell nice, but it's not clean.

Preezy

Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums.
XoQ0H.gif

Top Bottom