• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loofah vs. Wash Cloth: How do you shower?

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

What you did there.

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

HnM01U.gif

Hi! Thank you very much for this topic, I found the information I needed
Well, look, before, I didn't know about the existence of loofah and the fact that people use it when they wash in the shower for the place of the washcloth. But then I came across an article on this site https://www.improvingeachday.com/reviews/best-loofah-for-men/, about the best loofah, found on Amazon, and I decided to try using loofah as an experiment and interest. And from that moment on, my life changed because after starting to use a loofah, my skin finally stopped irritating when washing in the shower. It also seems that loofah cleans the skin from dust and dirt much better than an ordinary washcloth.

Last edited:

Rockondevil

Liquid soap + Loofah. Feels much cleaner than a bar of soap, uses less than liquid soap on the hand and what the hell is a wash cloth.

Before I had a relationship, as a kid I used bars of soap until I was introduced to a Loofah. I feel sorry for all the people who haven't tried one.

Last edited:

I_D

Loofahs and wash cloths are both gross. They hold so much moisture that they just turn into bacteria-factories unless you swap them out every other day.

Real men use a Buff Puff:
buffpuffpgjdp.jpg

It's like steel wool for your face. Nothing works better.

(I'm almost certain these things hold tons of bacteria.)

236128.jpg

Done.

Wife uses a back scratch loofah on a stick, a scrunchie loofah thingy + liquid body wash etc. Who has time for that? One bar of good soap and off we go.

GeekyDad

We got bots advertising loofahs now? Thas weird.

I use a washcloth.
Basically the same thing, but it doesn't soak up the shit from your ass when irrigating.

Yes, I use a loofah and body wash. Don't enjoy musky smelling stuff, so I use an oatmeal and shea-butter wash.

Soodanim

I didn't necro the thread and I was not wrong. Soap bars are gnarly, dude.
In what sense? Bacteria doesn’t survive on soap, and any grime washes straight off the bar with a bit of water. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bar of soap be dirty.

Not necrobumping doesn’t mean you didn’t quote someone who hasn’t been here in 5 years lol, he probably won’t see it

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
In what sense? Bacteria doesn’t survive on soap, and any grime washes straight off the bar with a bit of water. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bar of soap be dirty.

Well...

Soap can indeed become contaminated with microorganisms, whether it's in liquid or bar form. According to a series of tests conducted in the early 1980s, bars of soap are often covered with bacteria and carry a higher load than you'd find inside a liquid dispenser.

The thing is that you clean off the bacteria when rinsing the soap, but the soap is still gross. In my opinion.

Last edited:

TylerD

How do you all clean your crack and taint? I always use my hand lathered up and you get a vigorous back and forth motion so it starts to make loud noises. That is how you know you are doing it right. Loofah for everything else but my face and I use a reusable scrub pad with Neutrogena anti-acne facewash for my... face.

Last edited:
Top Bottom