• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for a new wallet recommendation for < $350. Help!

Newline

Going to try and hijack this thread a little bit.

I'm looking for a wallet to go travelling in south east asia with, so i'm looking for something secure and discreet. Potentially with a chain that can be attached to my trousers. Anyone got any recommendations?

grumble

Sorry, but anyone who has a normal paying job, at least in Germany, can afford a 350€ wallet if they want...

Im not rich btw, have a 360€ wallet and dont think what you are saying is how I think....

Median income in Germany, using purchasing power parity, in 2013, is 25k USD equivalent a year. A 360 Euro wallet would be extremely irresponsible for the median German worker.

Aside from the total lack of functional or visual improvement between that price point and price points well below it, making it a virtually total waste of money (aside from status signaling), it's money that, given median incomes, is urgently needed elsewhere.

Prez

Median income in Germany, using purchasing power parity, in 2013, is 25k USD equivalent a year. A 360 Euro wallet would be extremely irresponsible for the median German worker.

Aside from the total lack of functional or visual improvement between that price point and price points well below it, making it a virtually total waste of money (aside from status signaling), it's money that, given median incomes, is urgently needed elsewhere.

There's really no need to judge. I earn less than that and I see most people with a similar wage spend their money like this:

- €500+ on a TV every 5 years + €300 a year on subscription (don't have a TV).
- €800+ laptop every 5 years (been using the same one for 8 years and my next one will be a €300 Chromebook).
- €500 smartphone every 2 years (I buy a €150 smartphone every 2 years).
- €25-50 a week going out in the weekend (I rarely go out to bars and only drink tea). That's €1250-2500 a year.
- Plenty of smokers out there = €1000-2000 a year.
- A €5000+ used car every 8-10 years (paid €1000 for mine)
- Go to a restaurant every month = €500+ a year (I go twice a year)

That's not to mention a lot of people on GAF who spend thousands on videogames, toys and movies.

Now I wouldn't spend more than €50 on a wallet but I do spend close to €300 a year on perfume and €400 a year on skincare.

I can see why someone would want to splurge on something, especially if you're not used to buying yourself something nice.

Jeffrey

Don't get how folks live with minimal wallets. I've always used the giant ones.

I got like 4 credit cards, assorted gift cards, insurance cards, debit card for atm withdrawal, driver license, coin pouch for change for vending machine at work.

Desi

why do ya'll keep adding shit to my list

whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
LLShC.gif

fuck
Did you have time to look at the ones I posted? There site has a few different color options too.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
We have multiple OTs for plastic Nintendo figures that cost $15 a pop and people have camped out for hours on.

Not saying a $350 Wallet isn't ridiculous. But GAF is filled with different suggestions on how to spend your money.

Hope none of you ever enter them Sneakers thread, Fashion thread, Automotive thread, action figure thread , camera equipment thread, the new iPhone thread, or hell, even the PC Building Thread.

*shrug*

Wut? You serious about this?!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I like a double sided, non-folding one with a license window. I don't need RF blocking because I have two RF entry cards I don't want to have to take out. I am using a free one I got from work that I customized (by ripping off a metal badge so it didn't need to come out of pants while going through airport security).

This one, in fact.

https://www.terapeak.com/worth/halo...ge-front-pocket-card-wallet-nwt/291642730781/

It has been perfect.

zs3566j.jpg
Pv695l6.jpg

I don't like folding wallets and when I travel I like to get as few cards as possible. So from home/work content:

2 Keycards for work and inlaws
Amex Corporate
Visa
Visa ATM
Two paper insurance cards (one for each wife/personal car)
License
Health insurance card
Health insurance ATM/visa card for some out of pocket

I can get to:

Visa
Amex
License
Global Entry card

I also enjoy briefly not having car keys. I hate "stuff" in my pockets.

And people easily spend 25&#8364; each week for smokes.

Or beer.

Or games.

Or Yeezys.

Or something else they like.

You can just check out GAF and see people like Yeezy shoes by adidas e.g. that cost 250&#8364; or more and I would argue can use them less than 1 year.

If someone is spending $350 on a wallet, what are they spending on other things?

Maybe less?

SgtCobra

So some people itt are really judging and even shaming OP for wanting to buy a $350 (designer) wallet? It still is his money, if he wants to spend that much on one then let him do it, everyone has different standards and different things that give them gratification.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I've found the Slimfold stuff pretty good in the size/affordability department. I got the original Tyvek one, which is incredibly thin and more or less indestructible, but it does look very worn after a few years of use.

Maybe the soft shell one (which was more expensive) would stand up better to wear and tear. It's $40 instead of $20.

I'd pay $350 if it was made from the hide of an Eevee.
Can I just pay $350 to get a pet Eevee?

On neogaf you're not allowed to spend money on anything other than graphics cards without being made fun of.

Word! I hate how 70% of replies on this thread are some condescending posts. Let the man spend his hard earned cash. I'm here to look at cool wallet.

Your £1900 TV does about the same job as the £300 one, too. And that doesn't last 10 years.
Everyone spend on one luxury or another.
Also GAF really is a dumpster fire for discussing fashion.
To OP: I really like the monster card holder. But if you want to hold hundreds of dollar of cash it is not the right one. Plus, the Fendi monster line really is a bit overpriced.

My wallet is falling apart, but boy, this is not my budget - how am I supposed to buy games otherwise? I jumped in regardless, then realized that even OP's usage priorities don't match mine. Oh well.

Anyone knows if you can print narrow card slots on a school grade 3D printer? I really don't like leather.

My wallet is falling apart, but boy, this is not my budget - how am I supposed to buy games otherwise? I jumped in regardless, then realized that even OP's usage priorities don't match mine. Oh well.

Anyone knows if you can print narrow card slots on a school grade 3D printer? I really don't like leather.

I imagine that'd fall apart pretty quickly. If you don't like leather, there are other good options like nylon that I'd recommend looking into.

bionic77

For $300+ just go to Neiman Marcus and get a nice Gucci or Burberry wallet.

Might be a few bucks more but should be in that range.

Top Bottom