• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for a Room/Place to Live in LA This Summer (5/16-8/15).

Status
Not open for further replies.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So here's the deal- I'm working at a place downtown this summer. I have one friend in LA but he already has a roommate. What I need is a room w/ a desk, bed, and Internet for three months, and a place to park (street is fine). I've been looking on Craigslist and crap but it's hard b/c I can't even visit the damn places or so my potential roommates since I'm stuck here in NYC until summer. So if anyone here has or knows of a place that would be good I'd appreciate it, rent is not a prob. I just want to find a decent place.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
What are you doing with your place in NYC (more info) while you're gone? I want a place to smoke, and chill, I'll hook you up with a place in Cali if you're spot in NYC is any good.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Every major city has short-term housing for people who are relocating, in town as students, or just passing through. The trick is finding it, and finding it at a good price. I'm (most likely) going to do it in San Francisco just so I can sort of get my bearings, and then find a real place.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
All Hail C-Webb said:
What are you doing with your place in NYC (more info) while you're gone? I want a place to smoke, and chill, I'll hook you up with a place in Cali if you're spot in NYC is any good.

My housing in NYC is law school housing, so my lease is up by summer unfortunately.

Every major city has short-term housing for people who are relocating, in town as students, or just passing through. The trick is finding it, and finding it at a good price. I'm (most likely) going to do it in San Francisco just so I can sort of get my bearings, and then find a real place.

Oh I know, I've looked on several places for the past week or so but first of all 95% of the stuff is in West LA it seems where it would take me an hour or more to get to work and there hasn't been anything good even remotely near downtown (even in Hollywood) since I've been looking.

Seth C

I know of one place in Hollywood that offers weekly and monthly rates. It may take me a bit to find the info on it though. Check back later tonight.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
xsarien said:

do you happen to know of a place. or website for NYC or Brooklyn ??

xsarien

daedsiluap
quadriplegicjon said:
do you happen to know of a place. or website for NYC or Brooklyn ??

Can't say that I do, the usual places online might, though. Google.com, rent.com, realtor.com, craigslist.org.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
xsarien said:
Can't say that I do, the usual places online might, though. Google.com, rent.com, realtor.com, craigslist.org.

ive been searching through craigslist but im not finding any promising places. does google actually have an apt listing section?

xsarien

daedsiluap
quadriplegicjon said:
ive been searching through craigslist but im not finding any promising places. does google actually have an apt listing section?

Hm? Oh, no. I just recommend Google whenever anyone's looking for anything, because, well, Google rocks that much.

Just search for "short term housing" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom