• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking for new sunglasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Im looking for new sunglasses for men on Amazon UK. Want them to look kinda like the glasses Ryan Gosling had in Crazy Stupid Love. But they need to be cheaper (their expensive).

What do GAF think about this one?

Im open for recommendations.

linkboy

Finding pretty glasses is easy. Finding ones that compliment your face is much more difficult.

Pics?

Exactly.

The only pair I've found that fit my face are the Oakley wire frames, shame they cost so much.

oakley_tightrope_sunglasses_polarized_pewterblackiridium.jpg

These are my current sunglasses and I freaking love them, sat me back $110, but it was worth it. I had another pair that lasted me three years before they got ran over.

I've had a pair of American Optical aviators for three years, and they're my favorite sunglasses ever.

They're my Don Draper glasses, and they're badass.

3M4Po05.jpg

Super affordable, too.

I don't mind paying $200 or so for great eye protection. My Maui Jims cost that much and they're fantastic; the optical quality is unmatched. Take care of your vision.

BPoole

I really don't like the look of Wayfarer sunglasses. I have a pair of Ray Ban Techs that are easily the best pair that I've ever owned. I can literally stare into the sun without it blinding me, which is great for when I'm driving or laying out at the beach.

ray-ban-rb-8303-sunglasses.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Okay, I got this idea about a clothes washer that fit on top of a dryer and deposits the wet clothes to be dried as one load. You can have that one if someone didn't steal that from me too, dang telepaths... :)

That's possible but the savings are small, and you end up with no ability to place the machines as you want, having to put them on top of one another. You'd be better off making a washing machine that also dries clothes, but that's more difficult.

That's possible but the savings are small, and you end up with no ability to place the machines as you want, having to put them on top of one another. You'd be better off making a washing machine that also dries clothes, but that's more difficult.

Well, considering there are plenty of companies making combo washer/dryers it can't be too difficult.

Ha! ;p

Those look nice. Also, does the uk have sites like gilt etc? The often have Oliver peoples and other higher end shades for about half price or better.

Wolfe

I bought some new style wayfarers a couple years back and couldn't be happier with them, I wasn't a big fan of the price that comes with ray bans but I wanted what I could consider a quality product that I knew would protect my eyeballs. In fact I ended up sitting on them on the beach on some rocks a year ago and they held up great, you can barely even tell where they got scuffed up and you have to know where to look.

Plus I don't usually think I look good in sunglasses (or regular glasses for that matter) but I feel that these look great on me which is nice :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom