• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Cyberpunk is returning to the PS Store

anyone expecting them to have completely reworked the game: that's not happened. the game has received loads of patches (https://cyberpunk2077.wiki.fextralife.com/Patch+Notes) and i'd say the game is where it should've been at launch at least in terms of having no major bugs or crashes. performance is probably as good as it's ever gonna get on PS4.

60% of developers are working on new content for the game and 40% on bug fixes. we'll soon likely hear about free DLC which should hopefully add a lot more content and maybe add some gameplay/QoL changes. a potential leak shows they could be called:

Body of Chrome - could be an appearence editor
Rides of the Dark Future - sounds like more cars
The Relic - possibly a mission
Neck Deep - possibly a mission
Night City Expansion - maybe a new map area or more accessible areas in the existing map
Ripperdocs Expansion - new body mods
Bodyshops Expansion - moddable cars?
Gangs of Night City - enhanced gangs and/or new missions

"next gen" update/release will likely happen in a few months. paid expansions look like they've been pushed in to 2022. could be 2 or 3 paid expansions

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

Chukhopops

Does it mean there will be another major patch?

I've finished it with the last patch and it was completely fine, don't know if it's possible to fix it on last gen though.

Does it mean there will be another major patch?

I've finished it with the last patch and it was completely fine, don't know if it's possible to fix it on last gen though.
apparently there's a minor patch coming soon (according to their recent investor call) and focus is now going towards free dlc.

Miles708

I really wonder what huge changes were made that justify the game coming back on the Store.
Quite frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if they just wanted to wait for the refund wave to cool down.

It would be so funny having the game up again, only to have an entire new wave of refunds to handle.

Last edited:

shubik

I played through the whole thing on my old base PS4. Then I refunded it. Not gonna lie: I would love to play through it on my PS5 with 60fps to properly enjoy the world. Guess it´s soon time to look for a really cheap used copy or I´ll wait if it will be included in one of the PS store sales

DonJorginho

Banned
You could Wishlist it this entire time it has been down btw, you just needed it in your library (if you refunded it, it would be locked but still allow you to wishlist it)

I played through the whole thing on my old base PS4. Then I refunded it. Not gonna lie: I would love to play through it on my PS5 with 60fps to properly enjoy the world. Guess it´s soon time to look for a really cheap used copy or I´ll wait if it will be included in one of the PS store sales
what a shitty thing to do

You could Wishlist it this entire time it has been down btw, you just needed it in your library (if you refunded it, it would be locked but still allow you to wishlist it)
maybe but this is it reappearing in search results.

Last edited:

shubik

It is. It's like going to a restaurant, ordering a steak, finishing your meal, then going up to the manager and saying it tasted like shit and you want your money back.

Sorry bad comparison. I clicked on refund day one when it was possible on that PlayStation landingpage. It took them over a month to process and lock the game for me. CDPR should be lucky that not everybody clicked on refund. The game was almost unplayable at the launch state. Shipping a product in this state is not only shitty it should be criminal. They knew what they did and they even tried to hide it.

shubik

CDPR took people's money knowing that they were lying to their faces about what game they were delivering and the state it was in.

It goes both ways.

I never did anything like that before. But it was deserved and it felt good. I don´t hate CDPR and they can all make it up again but let´s not normalize this scam attempt

shubik

Fair enough then

I was honestly surprised that I could access the game for such a long time. It took me even by surprise when I suddenly recieved a notification that the process is finished. At that point, I have deleted the game from the console and have forgotten about the money.

Last edited:
Is ist? I thought shipping a game for full price knowing that it is broken was a shitty thing to do. But what do I know...
yeah it is. CDPR should never have release the game in that state so i'm not defending them. if you played through the entire game and asked for your money back then that's a dick move.

xrnzaaas

Ah yes, because it’s so fixed now.
The performance of the game on the previous gen consoles won't improve anymore because of their obvious limitations (unless you want to start playing in 720p).

Can't comment on the bugs, because I haven't played the latest build.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
How do you know it isn't a pre-order page for a PS5 version which is going to be listed soon? The next-gen versions are surely getting close, at this stage. Sony may well allow the next gen version as it won't have the performance issues, yet still refuse to allow the PS4 version to return.
This is the answer.

Rudius

I'll wait for the PS5 patch at this point. 1080p60 in backwards compatibility is nice enough, but it could look better on the PS5.

Sybrix

this is one of those games that will have a review (2022) version lol

I was never going to buy it until i got my 3080 which doesn't look possible until 2022 anyway, hopefully by then it'll be in a fit state to play

jaysius

Banned
This game needs heavy discounts, the Xbox store discounts have been pathetic, the typical less than $20 off. Making it still $63.99 while I picked it up for $30 CND on Amazon.ca.

NahaNago

The performance of the game on the previous gen consoles won't improve anymore because of their obvious limitations (unless you want to start playing in 720p).

Can't comment on the bugs, because I haven't played the latest build.
reduce it to 720p then. Didn't a few xbox one games at the start of the gen play at 720?

I'm kinda surprised it is coming back so soon. I was expecting it to come out late this year or maybe even next year. Originally I thought the game would come back to playsation when the ps5 patch was available later this year.

anthony2690

Banned
Where’s the next gen roadmap?!?

I got the disc sitting here looking pretty
H2 2022, I'm pretty unhappy with it, as my copy is still sealed on the shelf waiting for the update, as it was advertised as 2021 originally. :/

Edit: I could have read the new roadmap graph wrong, so please ignore my comment :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom