• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen dated - Oct. 28 (NA) Oct 31 (EU)

manual4

Banned
it is going to flop if it is that date, delay it for next year. spring 2015 looks dry, use that to your advantage. they don't have the marketing budget of assassins creed or sunset, they are basically asking to go out of buisness

OneUh8

Publishers keep forgetting that December exists.

Seriously. I don't understand... I think December would be a great release date for some games. Kids going on Christmas break from school. Adults going on holiday from work. People have more spare time to play then, why not hit them with a new release to play?

Kiant

Good job nothing else is coming...oh wait.

Seriously October is getting even crazier. There is literally too many games.

SaitoH

My October preorders:

Dragon age inquisition 10/07
Driveclub 10/07
Shadow of Mordor 10/07
Alien isolation 10/07
The Evil Within 10/21
Lords of the Fallen 10/28
Assaassin's creed unity 10/28

I'm getting my preorders at a $20 discount --which is great-- but I'm going to have to make some cuts.

Rafterman

Banned
Battlefield Hardline, Borderlands Prequel, Driveclub, DragonAge Inquistion, Evolve, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Sunset Overdrive, Assassin's Creed unity, NBA 2K15, WWE 2K15, Civilization:Beyond Earth, Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor --just to name a few.

So what's the problem? It's not like any of those other games and looks better than most of them.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Too many big games already launching in October, this game is going to get buried. I think the game looks good and want to play it, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

cheezcake

it is going to flop if it is that date, delay it for next year. spring 2015 looks dry, use that to your advantage. they don't have the marketing budget of assassins creed or sunset, they are basically asking to go out of buisness

But, outside of console launch window, do many people actually just buy a new game for the sake of wanting a new game for the system. I think they're betting on targeting a specific audience, and that audience probably isn't too interested in the new AC/Battlefield/NBA 2K etc.The only competition seems to be Dragon Age and Shadow of Mordor which still isn't ideal, but it isn't terrible. Not to mention the dev budgets European games are significantly less than your typical AAA bloatfest.

Footos22

That would put it up against Bloodborne. Thats like my nan having a fight with mayweather.

Jawmuncher

Square Enix is the pub huh?
Guess they're using this as their holiday title. Since I don't recall anything from them this holiday. I'm intrigued by the game but will be waiting for reviews or the Steam Sale discount.

UrbanRats

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This game is going to be so much overlooked its not even funny anymore :(

Well i know I won't be picking it up on D1 now, but i'll keep it in my Steam wishlist all the same.

To much stuff coming out in October, sorry, and although the gameplay looks good, the art style isn't my thing.

This game has had my interest since they unveiled it and I look forward to playing it but damn, October is already a hell of a month for games. I think it'll be a while before I get around to this one.

El-Suave

So what's the problem? It's not like any of those other games and looks better than most of them.

Big budget established franchises with lots of marketing will drown new, unkonwn games. It doesn't matter if it looks better because most people won't even take that look. We can lament that, but sadly it's a fact.

Publishers keep forgetting that December exists.

Agreed; I think December would suit this game quite well. The problem for them is that The Witcher 3 is launching in February 2015 and they'll probably want to stay well away from that, so they really can't delay past 2014.

God damn October. Ease up, devs! I don't have enough time for that many games in a month! Why don't they release stuff when there's less competition? (I have loads of time the next two months).

This game looks pretty cool, so I'll keep an eye out for it when is ready to drop.

JediLink

Ordinarily I'd by hyped as hell for this, but the protagonist being an ugly bald old man turns it from launch day to a $5 on Steam game for me. (Have no interest in God of War for similar reasons lol) I do want it to succeed though. If more people could start copying the Souls series, that'd be great.

Duxxy3

Looking forward to the bomba prediction thread

I don't think there will be a single standout october title, at least in terms of sales. Even AC and BF will be lower than expected, simply because of the glut of games released in one month.

friday

Will it do well in Germany?

I will get it no problem if the game is good. Nothing else that month is looking too great.

mp1990

Banned
I'm waiting for reviews,i liked the first videos but after Bound by Flame i am skeptical with these ''dark souls inspired'' games.

milena87

Interesting choice...

The game looks interesting, though. I'm certainly more tempted to buy this game day 1 than most other releases in October.

Nestunt

There has to be a reason

There are a lot of months in a calendar year

Not all these companies's analysts are dumb, and probably none are trying to lose money

I would love to know the reason of not spreading September/October/November/December instead of only October

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Dead on arrival, which is sad because the game looks promising, but October is fucking packed with bigger games.

Ordinarily I'd by hyped as hell for this, but the protagonist being an ugly bald old man turns it from launch day to a $5 on Steam game for me. (Have no interest in God of War for similar reasons lol) I do want it to succeed though. If more people could start copying the Souls series, that'd be great.

I don't really understand your reasoning. Would you buy it on launch were he a young, handsome guy with stylish hair?

SLESS

I think I'll still be playing Destiny exclusively through to the Witcher which is a shame because wow what a month for games!!

Grief.exe

Did something happen to you?

Seems like a strange reason to avoid good games. Especially considering you can wear a helmet in this game.

Averon

This is the perfect type of mid-tier game that could do well in the Summer. I bet if the game was out now, it would do very well on PS4 and XBO.

Missed opportunity I say.

Well shit. DOA perhaps? Way to much stuff releasing in Oct. Not sure what they are thinking, but it can't be sales numbers.

Tekku

What is the deal with october? Do developers really expect to make much profit when there's so much competition within the month?

Top Bottom