• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of the Fallen dated - Oct. 28 (NA) Oct 31 (EU)

i'm interested but it has "20 bucks within 2 months" written all over it and i'm already in for DriveClub and Alien Isolation.

...This seems like a bad idea.

I'm kinda interested in the game but there's too much coming out in Oct. Will wait for it to hit the bargain bin.

HowZatOZ

Banned
it is going to flop if it is that date, delay it for next year. spring 2015 looks dry, use that to your advantage. they don't have the marketing budget of assassins creed or sunset, they are basically asking to go out of buisness
Thank you armchair salesman. I think you underestimate just how much of a budget this game had, and how many copies it needs to sell. It will do fine, Unity while big is following some pretty deep apathy of the series.

oh man, this is a bad decision. I think this game looks great - but I don't know how many people are going to pick it up because October has so many releases already locked in.

Well I know I'm getting this, day 1. If this is remotely as good as Dark Souls / Demon Souls then this is all I'll be playing for some time.

Same day as Sunset Overdrive? Lol, nope. No sale. This game is being sent to die.

Not sure I agree. This is multi-platform, Sunset is not. Big difference.

oxidax

Battlefield Hardline, Borderlands Prequel, Driveclub, DragonAge Inquistion, Evolve, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Sunset Overdrive, Assassin's Creed unity, NBA 2K15, WWE 2K15, Civilization:Beyond Earth, Alien Isolation, Shadow of Mordor --just to name a few.

Oh look! more games for my backlog. I dont think ill live enough to finish the 112 games that I CURRENTLY have on my backlog + all the upcoming ones. im so fucked.

The End

I'm quietly optimistic about LotF, but dropping it so close to DA:I is asking for trouble, but I guess they also need to get it out the door before Witcher 3 / Bloodborne in Q1 2015.

Takuan

Had no idea this was coming out so soon. This looks like a hybrid of Darksiders crossed with the Souls games. Haven't seen enough of it to know whether or not it has promise, but will wait for day-1 folk to chime in with their opinions.

Definitely wasn't a wise decision to release in Fall, though.

Damnit don't do this to me...I wont be able to get this in October...2014 the year the industry forgot November and December exists.

SDCowboy

I don't get why some folks are unhappy about all these games coming out in the same month. You don't have to buy them the day they come out. Heck, if you're lucky, by the time you get to some of them, maybe they'll cost a bit less.

Uthred

Same day as Sunset Overdrive? Lol, nope. No sale. This game is being sent to die.

Sure, because this is ony coming out on the XB1 right? Its not like its coming out on the other next-gen console with almost double the install base nor on the PC. Yeah sent out the die.

To bad the game couldn't have come out right now. Besides Divinity, there hasn't been much. Summertime is the best time for games that aren't going to have huge marketing campaigns.

Ascenion

Hopefully not Evil Within and Dragon Age.

Wouldn't worry about Dragon Age. It's the biggest RPG release of the month. Likely Shadows of Mordor will get a December delay to ride off that Hobbit 3 hype. I would highly suggest Lords of the Fallen do the same since aside from Kingdom Hearts II.5 Remix I don't think anything big hits this December.

Edit: I really don't get the stigma around December releases. I mean the day after Christmas is a Friday this year, aka probably the best release day..... That Christmas money has to get spent somehow.

Duxxy3

Damnit don't do this to me...I wont be able to get this in October...2014 the year the industry forgot November and December exists.

There is a possibility that COD, GTAV and Master Chief Collection will be released in November.

Anything else released in November would have a worse fate than a game released in October.

December is still wide open.

Assassins Creed and Shadow of Mordor have the most to worry about as far as competition. Shadow of Mordor is a blatant rip off of Assassins if you've watched the demo. Lords of the Fallen fills a niche that none of the other October games offer. Ill be picking it up. The general public however will probably never heard of it by the time its released.

Thank you armchair salesman. I think you underestimate just how much of a budget this game had, and how many copies it needs to sell. It will do fine, Unity while big is following some pretty deep apathy of the series.

Deep apathy from *some* people on a forum, sure. But we're not the majority of gamers. The last two games sold upwards of 10 million. A shiny new AssCreed on new-gen hardware? It's going to do very well. I hope Lords of the Fallen does well but putting it on the same day as Unity is a terrible idea.

Despera

Banned
For me I don't see that much competition for this game in the fall season. Just a couple of other titles I'll be picking up along side it.

Day-1

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
whatcouldgowrongw7ij0.png

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Hardline is coming out so soon? I don't think Visceral will be able to add enough tweeks to the animations that will abate the feeling that it is BF3/4 DLC by that point.

I'm interested in seeing some more extended gameplay of Lords of the fallen though. I'm undecided on their interpretation of Dark Souls mechanics as of now.

Not a good decision to release in October. Too many high-profile games during that time. Really their best window for release is late Nov., early Dec or early-mid January 2015. Later than that and LotF would have to contend with Bloodborne and The Witcher 3.

But with that said...unless Lords of the Fallen gets very strong reviews and good word-of-mouth, I see it flopping regardless of its release date.

The fact that we've only seen one area makes me wary, with the game's release less than three months away. If this game really has a variety of areas then the developer probably should release a short gameplay trailer soon showing off a couple of them.

Hope this is good. First "souls" game for current gen....Bloodborne next

My games for october.

Lords of the fallen.
Dragon Age
Driveclub
Evil Within
Assassins creed Unity

Wait for reviews/sales

Alien Isolation
Evolve
Middle earth

Honestly, I'm still hoping with the love for horror stuff in October that The Evil Within does well but damn this month is just TOO DAMN MUCH!

Kelsey

Banned
Well I know I'm getting this, day 1. If this is remotely as good as Dark Souls / Demon Souls then this is all I'll be playing for some time.

Not sure I agree. This is multi-platform, Sunset is not. Big difference.
Sunset is just an example of one big game that will be marketed around that time. There's also AC, GTA 5, COD, Battlefield, Dragon Age, Mordor and on and on. A small game like this is going to get buried.

So you can't buy the game, I don't know...later?

Of course I can. But to get my 60 dollars, they'd be wiser to release it during a slower time of the year.

oh man, this is a bad decision. I think this game looks great - but I don't know how many people are going to pick it up because October has so many releases already locked in.

Exactly. I'm really looking forward to this game but there's no way I'm buying it when it releases because this fall is already packed. Especially around the end of Oct.

mp1990

Banned
There are 12 games in october i want,that's more games than i buy in a year.
selling my kidney atm to buy them

Kelsey

Banned
There are 12 games in october i want,that's more games than i buy in a year.
selling my kidney atm to buy them

Why buy them all in October? It's so close to Black Friday/Holiday sales that it's smarter to wait and just play a few games until the sales hit.

Jinaar

I think there is more of a risk of going with Dragon Age Inquisition then Lords of the Fallen. But I'm opinionated after playing DA1 and finding it lacking/dull and then seeing what a turd the second game was. The month is packed but the game could have legs for us FROM SOFTWARE fans looking for a new tit to suckle on until Bloodborne. They have a few months to polish it to perfection. Or as close as they can make it. Goodluck Lords of the Fallen!

Top Bottom