• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loser Filip Miucin strikes again (Ex-IGN Plagiarist)

EDIT: I though it would be more appropriate for you all to see his full review

TLDR:

1. Makes a joke Dead Cells video mocking his failure to comeback

2. IGN employee gives him friendly advice to try a new career

3. Filip gets butt hurt at criticism and shares personal DM's to said person

4. Ryan (IGN Employee) tells him to "fuck off"

5. Filip plays victim card

AdmirableConstantCreature-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Guy is a legit sociopath. Even this "review" is literally one third him saying "wow aren't I such a fuck up" and two thirds incredibly generic praise that sounds like ad copy. Followed by nothing but sheer deflection to make other people look worse than him somehow.

ROMhack

He is terrible though. Gave Alien Isolation a 5.6 and Halo4 a 10/10

I actually kinda agreed with that review :messenger_grimmacing_

I have a lot of reservations about Alien Isolation because what I feel it ultimately boils down to is a solid foundation for a much better game.

Had the length been edited down – say by cutting it in half – then it almost certainly would be a better experience. It's quite aggressive about filling itself with back and forth tasks, which soon amount to feeling like they only exist to lure you into parts of the ship where the Xenomorph is destined to roam. It often feels like plodding, rather than satisfying tension.

While not blasting my way past everything is certainly welcome addition, as are the amazing production values and faithful recreation of the Alien Univerise, I ended up unable to shake the feeling that exposing myself to the creature was no more wrought in horror than accidentally being spotted a guard in Metal Gear Solid.

And that’s just not how Ellen Ripley would describe it, is it?

Definitely wouldn't give Halo 4 a ten though lol

Last edited:

I have a lot of reservations about Alien Isolation because what I feel it ultimately boils down to is a solid foundation for a much better game. Had the length been edited down – say by cutting it in half – then it almost certainly would be a better experience. Alien Isolation is quite aggressive about filling itself with back and forth tasks which soon amount to feeling like they only exist to lure you into parts of the ship where the Alien is destined to roam. It often feels like plodding, rather than satisfying tension. While not blasting my way past everything is certainly welcome addition, as are the amazing production values and faithful recreation of the Alien Univerise, I ended up unable to shake the feeling that exposing myself to the Alien was no more wrought in horror than accidentally being spotted a guard in Metal Gear Solid. And that’s just not how Ellen Ripley would describe it, is it?

That is still my favorite game of this gen........

SCB3

I have a lot of reservations about Alien Isolation because what I feel it ultimately boils down to is a solid foundation for a much better game.

Had the length been edited down – say by cutting it in half – then it almost certainly would be a better experience. It's quite aggressive about filling itself with back and forth tasks, which soon amount to feeling like they only exist to lure you into parts of the ship where the Xenomorph is destined to roam. It often feels like plodding, rather than satisfying tension.

While not blasting my way past everything is certainly welcome addition, as are the amazing production values and faithful recreation of the Alien Univerise, I ended up unable to shake the feeling that exposing myself to the creature was no more wrought in horror than accidentally being spotted a guard in Metal Gear Solid.

And that’s just not how Ellen Ripley would describe it, is it?

AI was a bit too long, I agree there, but no one in their right mind should give Halo 4 a 10, its the worst Halo game imo

Which is cool, don't get me wrong. I just got bored of the game too quickly.

It's definitely one of the best Alien games though, and obviously so much better than Colonial Marines.
I can understand it going on too long and I agree to an extent but I never got the criticism that " I die too much so it's not scary anymore" I was always on the edge of my seat. It is one of the few stealth games that dose not fuck around. You really have to play the game like you are in that situation to survive the Alien and for that I fucking love it! 9/10

Sure; it's gaming enthusiast press though.. the guy is an "executive"... of editing game previews.

And you represent your employer as a content producer and that guy fucked over IGN.
People like to forget he stole work from people again, and again, and again. Even then, he had the stupidity to lie about it like the internet was not going to find out lmao

Orpheum

if the dude seriously wants to continue. He needs to just fucking do his thing and let time do its magic. By beating on this dead horse over and over again he'll bury himself in no time. Seeing another Dead Cells review from him made me cringe so hard

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Some of the posts above read like: "Cancel culture is ok only when I don't like the one getting canceled" and that's honestly a bit disgraceful.

No one I see in this thread is innocent.

Miucin for plagiarizing, but I do believe that people should not be branded and ostracized for life for a mistake like this. He lost his job, so he got his punishment. I don't see why he should be canceled forever when he's trying to do his best. If he was caught plagiarizing again, it'd be a different issue, but this isn't the case AFAIK. Obviously, publishing a private conversation is also bad, but when you're faced with this kind of duplicitous "I'll try to be nice only in private" behavior, I can see why one would be tempted. Yet, he should keep his head down and work hard trying not to stand out too much and not get involved in controversy.. It's hard, but that's the only way. This is a faux pas for him.

Saltzman certainly isn't behaving correctly when telling him what simply equates to "quit the job, do video editing instead" and then turning around and trying to look nice in private. There was no reason why, if honest, that private message shouldn't have been public to begin with. If you can supportive with someone only in private, you're a coward.

McCaffery for publicly attacking someone and telling him to "fuck off" on social media. That's extremely unprofessional and simply uncalled for.

YongYea for (unsurprisingly) jumping on any chance to stir controversy making a whole 20 minutes-long holier than thou video in which he tries so very hard to ride on that moral high horse for profit while doing something that basically equates to a vicious attack on an individual.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
if the dude seriously wants to continue. He needs to just fucking do his thing and let time do its magic. By beating on this dead horse over and over again he'll bury himself in no time. Seeing another Dead Cells review from him made me cringe so hard
You don't take plagiarism and then lying about it as far as he did without a complete lack of understanding of appropriate behavior. It's not surprising he has no clue how to make his way back from it either.

IntentionalPun

Saltzman certainly isn't right for telling him what simply equates to "quit the industry" and then turning around and trying to look nice in private. There was no reason why, if honest, that private message shouldn't have been public.

What a BS interpretation of what Saltzman did.

His public comments were advice, and they didn't add up to "quit the industry."

RvljgKp.png

And yeah, after he got advice from someone at IGN.. and then tried to publicly shame them.. he was told to fuck off by someone else at IGN. Was it professional? No, but that's why Ryan deleted it. However it's pretty damn understandable.

But I love how you are trying to link this to "cancel culture".. the guy broke every tenant of ethics of his job, and then did everything he could to not cop to it. He's unemployable, and while he's welcome to strike out on his own.. he's gonna get shit on. That's really all Saltzman said. "Maybe you can find a job as a video editor in the industry" is a pretty nice thing to say to a guy who totally fucked over their company.

Last edited:
Some of the posts above read like: "Cancel culture is ok only when I don't like the one getting canceled" and that's honestly a bit disgraceful.

Miucin for plagiarizing, but I do believe that people should not be branded for life for a mistake, as big as it is. He lost his job, so he got his punishment. I don't see why he should be canceled forever when he's trying to do his best. If he was caught plagiarizing again, it'd be a different issue, but this isn't the case AFAIK. Obviously, publishing a private conversation is also bad, but when you're faced with this kind of duplicitous "I'll try to be nice only in private" behavior, I can see why one would be tempted.

Saltzman certainly isn't right for telling him what simply equates to "quit the industry" and then turning around and trying to look nice in private. There was no reason why, if honest, that private message shouldn't have been public.

McCaffery for publicly attacking someone and telling him to "fuck off" on social media. That's extremely unprofessional and simply uncalled for.

YongYea for (unsurprisingly) jumping on controversy making a whole 20 minutes-long holier than thou video in which he tries so very hard to ride on that moral high horse for profit while doing something that basically equates to a vicious attack on an individual.
The issue here is that he wants to play the victim again. He shared personal DM's of a friend who just gave him friendly criticism. The dude can't work in this field. He lied about what he did and tried to make an edgy video of the game that started it all. The guy is just really stupid. He also tried to play the victim when he first "apologized". There is a trend with this man and he needs professional mental help because I can see the self destructive patterns too. Was the fuck off unprofessional? Sure, but he REALLY has thin skin and it all comes off as pathetic.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
What a BS interpretation of what Saltzman did.

His public comments were advice, and they didn't add up to "quit the industry."

RvljgKp.png

And yeah, after he got advice from someone at IGN.. and then tried to publicly shame them.. he was told to fuck off by someone else at IGN. Was it professional? No, but that's why Ryan deleted it. However it's pretty damn understandable.

All right. He didn't tell him to quit the industry, just to quit the job he wants to do and do something else instead. It's not that different.

It's not supportive nor it's good advice, and the fact that he turns around and suddenly becomes nice and supportive only in private makes him look even more disingenuous. And no, McCaffery's "fuck off" is not understandable at all.

The issue here is that he wants to play the victim again. He shared personal DM's of a friend who just gave him friendly criticism. The dude can't work in this field. He lied about what he did and tried to make an edgy video of the game that started it all. The guy is just really stupid. He also tried to play the victim when he first "apologized". There is a trend with this man and he needs professional mental help because I can see the self destructive patterns too. Was the fuck off unprofessional? Sure, but he REALLY has thin skin and it all comes off as pathetic.

He's already been punished handsomely for "what he did." Losing one's dream job and being dragged over the coals all over the internet is quite the price to pay. His mental health is also not relevant.

I certainly wouldn't call what Saltzman did the action of a friend or "friendly criticism." If that was the intention, the private message would be public. If you can be supportive with your "friend" only privately, then you're not a friend.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

All right. He didn't tell him to quit the industry, just to quit the job he wants to do and do something else instead. It's not that different.

It's not supportive nor it's good advice, and the fact that he turns around and suddenly becomes nice and supportive only in private makes him look even more disingenuous. And no, McCaffery's "fuck off" is not understandable at all.
Why does he need to be "supportive" of someone who totally fucked him over as an employee in the first place?

IGN could have gotten into loads of legal trouble because of what Philip did.

And how is it not good advice? All he said was is that he's gonna get endlessly shit on if he keeps trying to be a public internet persona and that he has other marketable skills.

What in the world makes people want to bend over backwards to defend this Philip dude? It's so fucking strange.

Last edited:

He's already been punished for "what he did." His mental health is not relevant.

I certainly wouldn't call what Saltzman did the action of a friend or "friendly criticism." If that was the intention, the private message would be public. If you can be supportive with your "friend" only privately, then you're not a friend.
His mental health IS THE ISSUE. The man is a pathological liar and will continue to dig his own grave in the public space because he can't mentally handle criticism. What his friend said was exactly what he needed to hear. Im not advocating for harassing the man obviously, but he keeps making stupid decisions. If he wanted to "make a come back" he should have just moved on to another game. But nooooo he just couldn't leave it alone.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Why does he need to be "supportive" of someone who totally fucked him over as an employee in the first place?

He doesn't need to. But either you do or you don't. You don't behave one way in public and then the other way in private.

And how is it not good advice? All he said was is that he's gonna get endlessly shit on if he keeps trying to be a public internet persona and that he has other marketable skills.

What in the world makes people want to bend over backwards to defend this Philip dude? It's so fucking strange.

The fact that he's gonna get endlessly shit on is the problem, not a solution.

I certainly don't defend what he did, but I believe in giving people second chances. It's not that hard.

His mental health IS THE ISSUE. The man is a pathological liar and will continue to dig his own grave in the public space because he can't mentally handle criticism. What his friend said was exactly what he needed to hear. Im not advocating for harassing the man obviously, but he keeps making stupid decisions. If he wanted to "make a come back" he should have just moved on to another game. But nooooo he just couldn't leave it alone.

You seem to be pretty ok with a disgraceful 22-minute video which is basically "harassing the man."

Also, it's a bit ridiculous to pass judgement on someone's mental health unless you're a psychologist and have talked to that person extensively.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Hi.

I wouldn't have a problem if Miucin was actually making an attempt to better himself, but he isn't. His first upload in almost a year is a """review""" of Dead Cells, except it isn't, it's 1m40s of him digging up the incident and 3 minutes of generic lashings of praise that don't qualify as, quote, "a very honest and original Dead Cells review". Even the title itself is bait. He knows exactly what he's doing by shitting out something of such low quality and effort and then immediately springing on anyone who criticise him for it on Twitter, it's blame shifting. Was the IGN "fuck off" professional? No, not at all, but it was entirely warranted.

He was never sorry and his repeated failed attempts at apologising evidence that, he's a sociopath and his action have hurt others. He only ever "cancelled" himself for doing something that basically everyone can agree on being worth of firing. He's perfectly entitled to try to come back to the industry, but this was almost the absolute worst way to try and do it.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

He's already been punished handsomely for "what he did." Losing one's dream job and being dragged over the coals all over the internet is quite the price to pay. His mental health is also not relevant.

Completely disagree.

If I punched you in the face, walked away and said well you didnt get the whole story, I dare anyone to find me punching more people in the face, then the internet finds 10 more videos of me punching people on the face, I disappear for months.

I then come back and pretend it never happened and then say, why the hell is everyone still talking about me punching people in the face??

I then come back again months later and say hey sorry for punching you all in the face. I disappear again.

I then come back again and say LOL remember that time I punched everyone in the face! ANyways, stop talking about that, I just want to do what i was doing before I punched everyone in the face.

You are telling me you would trust me?

IntentionalPun

He doesn't need to. But either you do or you don't. You don't behave one way in public and then the other way in private.

All he did "in public" was give him professional advice. He wasn't even actually negative. He didn't actually "denounce him as a game reviewer." He then sent a DM saying "sorry if I came across negative hope you get past this"... and Philip decided to bash HIM for that and completely misrepresent what he said publicly.

You fell for the manipulation of a liar is all that really happened here.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Hi.

I wouldn't have a problem if Miucin was actually making an attempt to better himself, but he isn't. His first upload in almost a year is a """review""" of Dead Cells, except it isn't, it's 1m40s of him digging up the incident and 3 minutes of generic lashings of praise that don't qualify as, quote, "a very honest and original Dead Cells review". Even the title itself is bait. He knows exactly what he's doing by shitting out something of such low quality and effort and then immediately springing on anyone who criticise him for it on Twitter, it's blame shifting. Was the IGN "fuck off" professional? No, not at all, but it was entirely warranted.

He was never sorry and his repeated failed attempts at apologising evidence that, he's a sociopath and his action have hurt others. He only ever "cancelled" himself for doing something that basically everyone can agree on being worth of firing. He's perfectly entitled to try to come back to the industry, but this was almost the absolute worst way to try and do it.

What he did was certainly worth firing. He's also not doing a great job by getting involved in controversy again, but let's not pretend that the rest of this circus is doing the right thing.

You are telling me you would trust me?

Trust? No. But I'd take one stance and maintain that stance in both public and private, or at least pick public or private and stick to it.

All he did "in public" was give him professional advice. He wasn't even actually negative.

"Don't do what you want to do. Do something else" is quite negative and certainly isn't good professional advice. The further issue is the 180 done in private. There was simply no reason to switch to private, and it certainly comes off as disingenuous.

Good "Professional advice" would have been what I mentioned in the first post.

"Work as hard as you fuckin can doing what you love doing, but keep your head down, maybe restart from a smaller gig since those are always looking for writers, and try working your way back up, make sure you learned your lesson and that your work ethics are solid, avoid doing anything reprehensible, and by the love of God don't get involved in controversy."

Last edited:

SantaC

Filip Muicin is one of the biggest fakers ever. He didnt show any interest in video games when he worked with it. He was just there for the quick money by stealing others work.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Not really; that's actually a VERY good HR way of telling someone they're not getting a promotion or moved to another department because they're not performing well
That also includes if you're trying to play the "Squeaky wheel," they don't fix the department, they fix you (By (re)moving you)
Just because it's not nice doesn't mean that it's not supportive or realistic career advice

He told him be a video editor until you stop keeping yourself on the island with the bridges burnt; you need to move forward to a new island that has new bridges, find people to help you rebuild your old bridges if needed, or find a new path to the destination you're looking at now
Not only that, but he could still video edit for small gamer content, so he can float in his industry
Constantly stirring up shit, and self loathing as some sort of martyr in public isn't going to get you a job in your dream job, I guess unless you want to do parody or satire (Which, maybe, with his recent video)

He's right, he fucked up, and in a big way, and is going to need to work to overcome that; be it nice or not that's reality, especially with a very large display of an ethics violation

The reply in private was essentially a "Let's both cool it," sort of move IMO; he doesn't want to get caught up in shit that Miucin constantly stirs
He's already been punished handsomely for "what he did." Losing one's dream job and being dragged over the coals all over the internet is quite the price to pay.
When you're a public figure, that's the risk you take. If you fuck up largely in public, it's open to the public at large.
Public fuck ups are open to public scrutiny; if you don't want to be raked over the coals for fucking up, don't work as a public figure
Also why is what he did in quotes? I don't follow
His mental health is also not relevant.
This I can get behind, however it COULD explain some stuff about his decision making processes
But like ya say below, leave that to the therapists and such
Well, yeah
They haven't talked in over a year it seems
If they're not friends, it would really clarify the actions as you declared them

I highly doubt they consider each other friends; their last DMs over twitter to each other were a year apart
If you're friends, it'd be weird to suddenly swap to a different, unused communication method to talk about something

That's only speculation on their friendship of course, but the one thing we CAN say for certain is that they were in the same company with their respective leadership/employee roles
What he did was certainly worth firing. He's also not doing a great job by getting involved in controversy again, but let's not pretend like the rest of this circus is doing the right thing.
No but the circus wouldn't have all started fucking up if he didn't try to cut the tight rope; people scrambled and made dumb decisions when people try to do that to them
Trust? No. But I'd take one stance and maintain that stance in both public and private, or at least pick public or private and stick to it.
He did; a professional "You shouldn't do this in my opinion, but hey go for it man!"

"Don't do what you want to do. Do something else" is quite negative and certainly isn't good professional advice. The further issue is the 180 done in private. There was simply no reason to switch to private, and it certainly comes off as disingenuous.
Telling a person with no arms that they're not good to work in manual labor is good advice
Telling someone who likes to stir up controversy in a negative way that they should not be a public figure is good advice

It's not nice advice; but it's the truth
"Work as hard as you fuckin can doing what you love doing, but keep your head down, maybe restart from a smaller gig since those are always looking for writers, and try working your way back up, make sure you learned your lesson and that your work ethics are solid, avoid doing anything reprehensible, and by the love of God don't get involved in controversy."
Yeah which is why he told him to be a video editor; if he did video editting in the games sphere, that'd certainly be a way to prove to the industry you violated the ethics of that you've learned the lesson and have improved yourself

I understand this hits close to home for you as a journalist, but in big companies like IGN (Net worth of 14 million USD) at one point business becomes business; business isn't nice, it's about making money

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Not really; that's actually a VERY good HR way of telling someone they're not getting a promotion or moved to another department because they're not performing well
That also includes if you're trying to play the "Squeaky wheel," they don't fix the department, they fix you (By (re)moving you)

Just because it's not nice doesn't mean that it's not supportive or realistic career advice

He told him be a video editor until you stop keeping yourself on the island with the bridges burnt; you need to move forward to a new island that has new bridges, find people to help you rebuild your old bridges if needed, or find a new path to the destination you're looking at now
Not only that, but he could still video edit for small gamer content, so he can float in his industry
Constantly stirring up shit, and self loathing as some sort of martyr in public isn't going to get you a job in your dream job, I guess unless you want to do parody or satire (Which, maybe, with his recent video)

He's right, he fucked up, and in a big way, and is going to need to work to overcome that; be it nice or not that's reality, especially with a very large display of an ethics violation

The reply in private was essentially a "Let's both cool it," sort of move IMO; he doesn't want to get caught up in shit that Miucin constantly stirs

When you're a public figure, that's the risk you take. If you fuck up largely in public, it's open to the public at large.
Public fuck ups are open to public scrutiny; if you don't want to be raked over the coals for fucking up, don't work as a public figure
Also why is what he did in quotes? I don't follow

This I can get behind, however it COULD explain some stuff about his decision making processes
But like ya say below, leave that to the therapists and such

Well, yeah
They haven't talked in over a year it seems
If they're not friends, it would really clarify the actions as you declared them

I highly doubt they consider each other friends; their last DMs over twitter to each other were a year apart
If you're friends, it'd be weird to suddenly swap to a different, unused communication method to talk about something

That's only speculation on their friendship of course, but the one thing we CAN say for certain is that they were in the same company with their respective leadership/employee roles

No but the circus wouldn't have all started fucking up if he didn't try to cut the tight rope; people scrambled and made dumb decisions when people try to do that to them

He did; a professional "You shouldn't do this in my opinion, but hey go for it man!"

Telling a person with no arms that they're not good to work in manual labor is good advice
Telling someone who likes to stir up controversy in a negative way that they should not be a public figure is good advice

It's not nice advice; but it's the truth

Yeah which is why he told him to be a video editor; if he did video editting in the games sphere, that'd certainly be a way to prove to the industry you violated the ethics of that you've learned the lesson and have improved yourself

I understand this hits close to home for you as a journalist, but in big companies like IGN (Net worth of 14 million USD) at one point business becomes business; business isn't nice, it's about making money

He didn't ask IGN for a job. There's no business utility for IGN in attacking Muicin at this point, nor to influence his career choices.

Incidentally,

"Telling a person with no arms that they're not good to work in manual labor is good advice"

At a cursory glance, Muicin is at least decent at what he does (better than a ton of others I see around, at least) on a technical level, and he seems to have a following, so the "person with no arms" equivalence does not really fit. He's absolutely not physically incapable of doing the job, so the advice to just do something else is simply dismissive. Video editing is an entirely different job, and it's obvious that Muicin isn't interested in doing that (he'd likely already have a job if he was), so telling him "hey, do video editing" isn't that much more useful than telling him "hey, go work at Mcdonalds." I'm aware it's not the same thing, but it isn't much better advice because it's something the person in question obviously has no interest in doing as his main gig.

If someone came to me asking me for career advice (not that he asked, which makes the whole thing even weirder), and he wasn't completely incapable of pursuing that career (which Muicin isn't), I'd try to give him constructive criticism toward that specific career, not another one, regardless of whether I believe he's better at something else, especially if I know he's not interested in that something else. Again, that's dismissive and not constructive.

Personally, If I was genuinely concerned about Muicin, I'd have approached him in private to begin with. He obviously has access to his DMs. Doing it publicly feels simply like an attempt to shoot him down and dismiss him. Turning to private only to soften up the blow reinforces that impression. Once you started in public, finish in public.

The rest of the circus is just disgraceful, among profanities and a youtuber doing a 20-minute controversy video to dump a load of shit on someone else, it certainly makes me roll my eyes, albeit it doesn't surprise me.

Last edited:

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
He didn't ask IGN for a job.
I never implied or said he did; you could fault the dude for giving advice when it wasn't asked for, I'll give you that
But it's nothing to go putting an executive on blast about
Also, when he decided to put an executive on blast in the industry he wants to work in, what does that tell other executives in the industry he's willing to do?

The dude just walked himself back even further if his goal is to work as a personality outside of the parody/satire realm

At a cursory glance, Muicin is at least decent at what he does (better than a ton of others I see around, at least), and he seems to have a following, so the "person with no arms" equivalence does not really fit. He's absolutely not physically incapable to do the job, so the advice to just do something else is simply dismissive. Video editing is an entirely different job, and it's obvious that Muicin isn't interested in doing that, so telling him "hey, do video editing" isn't that much more useful than telling him "hey, go work at Mcdonalds." I'm aware it's not the same thing, but it isn't much better advice because it's something the person in question obviously has no interest in doing as his main gig.
Having a small following and a big following are two different ball parks; just like small business and big business

You're taking it too literal at one point though; it was supposed to be an analogy that although something is rude to say, sometimes it's good advice
Hell, even his old boss told him he's a wicked video editor; and a lot of YouTube channels do their own editing, or hire a person or two...

People aren't interested in working technical support to work in IT for a long term career, especially if they got demoted for an ethics violation that was public facing, but hey, you at least have a chance to work your way up and keep relevant experience

So, let's conceed he didn't give good advice publicly
Losing one's dream job and being dragged over the coals all over the internet is quite the price to pay.

Personally, If I was genuinely concerned about Muicin, I'd have approached him in private to begin with. He obviously has access to his DMs. Doing it publicly feels simply like an attempt to shoot him down and dismiss him. Turning to private only to soften up the blow reinforces that impression. Once you started in public, finish in public.
And that's your personal way of handling it; that's not those other people's personal ways of handling it, or what's typical business practice in a large company
No one wants to lay off the dude with a medical condition, they personally wouldn't do it, but it's typical business practice, and they do it
EDIT: There's also something to be said that sometimes a change of venue is in complete order; sometimes starting something in public should be ended in private and vice versa.
The rest of the circus is just disgraceful, among profanities and a youtube doing a 20-minute video to dump a load of shit on someone else, it certainly makes me roll my eyes.
The entire circus is disgraceful, not just certain parts of it
Which probably wouldn't have started if Miucin wouldn't have posted a self loathing video of bull shit of his own in the past; no one was even talking about this dude plagiarizing stuff anymore
Why the fuck even bring it up?

"Oh yeah, we're a business, but we were once owned by murderers! No one was talking about it anymore, but we just wanted to remind you of that!"
If he's trying to become a personality, it's time to drop the emotion and get to business, and move on

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Good "Professional advice" would have been what I mentioned in the first post.

This could arguably be absolutely terrible advice. The guy committed the wost offense in the writing industry. On multiple occasions and treated the event as something that should be a slap on the wrist. HE still clearly doesn't understand what he did to a real extent. His actions had repercussions on the rest of the media industry. Hes lucky he wasnt banned on youtube, which he should be as he violated their rights but somehow didn't.

No one has taken his right to post videos away and he continues to complain about people calling him out for his actions and not letting it go.

He went in a social media platform in both YouTube and Twitter and is shocked that they are holding him accountable?

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
This could arguably be absolutely terrible advice. The guy committed the wost offense in the writing industry. On multiple occasions and treated the event as something that should be a slap on the wrist. HE still clearly doesn't understand what he did to a real extent. His actions had repercussions on the rest of the media industry. Hes lucky he wasnt banned on youtube, which he should be as he violated their rights but somehow didn't.

No one has taken his right to post videos away and he continues to complain about people calling him out for his actions and not letting it go.

He went in a social media platform in both YouTube and Twitter and is shocked that they are holding him accountable?
I equate it to if you were working for an IT security firm and decided to hack theirs and other systems
You're likely not going to work in the security sector any more, and would always have scrutiny working in other IT positions if you weren't able to work that sector anymore

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I'd define it the non-asshole way of handling it. If you can't give advice to someone that is useful to achieve what he's trying to achieve, shut the hell up, especially when uninvited.
And you want to know what the appropriate response is when you get uninvited advice?

Not putting your previous boss and an exec on blast

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
And you want to know what the appropriate response is when you get uninvited advice?

Yeah. It's my opinion. That's what we're here to write, aren't we?

Not putting your previous boss and an exec on blast

I've mentioned above that this is definitely a bad idea, despite the fact that they approached him, not the other way around.

That being said, what bothers me is seeing people depicting Muicin like he's the only issue here. He isn't.

As I mentioned in my first post, no one in this circus behaved correctly or in a way that would make me want to work with any of them.

Last edited:

The fact that he's gonna get endlessly shit on is the problem, not a solution.

I certainly don't defend what he did, but I believe in giving people second chances. It's not that hard.

You seem to be pretty ok with a disgraceful 22-minute video which is basically "harassing the man."

Also, it's a bit ridiculous to pass judgement on someone's mental health unless you're a psychologist and have talked to that person extensively.
Tell you what. When I fuckup on this forum you can cancel me all you want. He is free to try again and make more videos. I wont stop him nor will I harass him, but he really needs to grow up and take criticism. The way he acted on twitter is very telling of his personality and we have the right to call him out for it. He immediately went on the defensive and shared a personal conversation and flaunted how the dude blocked him to moral grandstand. I wish him the best but I seriously doubt he will make it in this business. What he did was career and character suicide

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'd define it the non-asshole way of handling it. If you can't give advice to someone that is useful to achieve what he's trying to achieve, shut the hell up, especially when uninvited.

Yeah. Work hard and stay out of trouble is such bad advice. 🤔

When you will never be forgiven by the social media platforms you personally committed career suicide on? Uh yeah most definitely.

If I work in any field that had a public facing nature and I literally committ career suicide. Telling me it'll be ok if I just work hard is lying to my face.

Top Bottom