• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.01: [FINAL SEASON PREMIERE] Official Thread Of Last Time We Get One Of These

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
benjamin birdie's hyperbole is actually 100% accurate this time, this will be the defining moment in civilization as we have known it. if it's not, i want the address of cuse and lindelhoff.

neoism

Solo said:
Solo's 5 favorite LOST scenes. And yes, theres a Jack one!

05. S1 - "Come on, breathe!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ck4SsnzxM
04. S3 - "So much for fate" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz8Ib5q4D3Q
03. S1 - "We were brought here for a reason" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxIUJgRsC9U&feature=related
02. S4 - "I won't call.... for eight years" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7gX8zzfM-s
01. S1 - "Don't tell me what I can't do!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYfKHVdmjzQ
yes... such goood actors! In fact... the only similar sense that surpasses it, is the one in The Abyss!

Costanza

Banned
Lindelof: No, you will be seeing [Henry] Ian Cusick's name in the opening credits of the show as early as the premiere. He is still a series regular, but we're not divulging exactly how and when Desmond is going to appear on the show. As for Sonya, she's been very, very busy on FlashForward. Obviously, we would love to work with her again and our story plans probably would include Penny, but we're not divulging whether or not that's happened yet.

!!!

Dead

well not really...yet
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Gotta love how Jack returns to the island and ends up killing like, a dozen fucking dharma people in his short stay there.:lol :lol WHAT ABOUT THEIR LIVES, JACK?!!
Gangsta Jack was one of the highlights of S5

2qcp0ub.jpg

Gotta love how he just goes mental as soon as he gets his hands on a gun :lol

KamenSenshi

Nameless said:
Didn't know they were in a fuckin sanctioned prize fight. Everything is fair game, Jack shouldn't should have listened and saved himself a beatdown.
wouldn't really call it a beatdown since he was already on the ground:lol but really yeah jack had that fight like it always seemed from season 1 right up till the 1-2 combo of gettin racked then clubbed in the head.

Nameless

KamenSenshi said:
wouldn't really call it a beatdown since he was already on the ground:lol but really yeah jack had that fight like it always seemed from season 1 right up till the 1-2 combo of gettin racked then clubbed in the head.

Well, too be fair, they were both fresh off of getting tied up and punched repeatedly, so neither man was 100%

Zeliard said:
I still, to this day, don't quite understand the hate that Matthew Fox/Jack gets.

Jack is awesome unless he's being compared to Sawyer or Locke and then he has no choice but to defer.

I wonder if he'll finally come face to face with Ghost Christian Shepherd again. He pretty much shat his pants in White Rabbit.

Helmholtz

Zeliard said:
I still, to this day, don't quite understand the hate that Matthew Fox/Jack gets.
Same. He's an important part of the show, imo. Sure, he can be whiny at times, but I think he has his moments and brings something to the table.

neoism

Zeliard said:
Me, either :/, I mean even though Locke is sooo badass it isn't funny, I still view Jack as the main character of the show. Usually that character is most liked...

Raistlin

I've been on a complete media blackout, and won't even look at this thread until after tomorrow.

Just wanted to drop in and say I'm pretty fucking pumped for tomorrow.

And yes ... yes ... I'm going to a Lost party :lol

McNei1y

Jack is a whiny stubborn man but I think hes a smart character and an easy to like one. I think he has alot of good moments but he does whine a whole lot to be hated.

tumblr_krmatcUE2a1qzpwi0o1_500.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
Zeliard said:
I definitely don't hate him.

When Jack wants to get shit done, you are assured epic moments in Lost are forthcoming :D

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Since they have stated they are not doing traditional flashbacks / flash forwards this season, does anyone think they may do some kind of collective "flashes before your eyes" narrative for the characters? Maybe they end up reliving events or seeing "what ifs" but are still on the island.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Mooreberg said:
Since they have stated they are not doing traditional flashbacks / flash forwards this season, does anyone think they may do some kind of collective "flashes before your eyes" narrative for the characters? Maybe they end up reliving events or seeing "what ifs" but are still on the island.
I've speculated as much earlier in this thread and I hope it comes true.

Oh jesus, now I'm gonna hear Dr. Dre everytime Jack picks up a gun. You're all unlucky I don't have Darko's video editing skills or I would be creating the most epic Lost fanvid ever.

STUPID PUNK CAN'T FUCK WITH A MASTERMIND

When I wake up tomorrow, its going to be Lost day. HYPE following me to sleep. If I dream of lost, I'll report my insane dream theories tomorrow.

Nameless

Sawyer is my favorite character. Has been from the beginning, but there's no denying that Jack's "See you in Los Angeles" dig was one of the Top 5 moments of ownage in Lost History. Ether to the fuckin soul:

whatthematterjim.jpg

SpeedingUptoStop

Finished my greatest hits rewatch and got my best eps list finalized.

1.The Life and Death of Jeremy Bentham
2. The Constant
3. White Rabbit
4. There's No Place Like Home
5. Flashes Before Your Eyes
6. Through the Looking Glass
7. Live Together, Die Alone
8. The Incident
9. The Brig
10. Cost of Living
11. Meet Kevin Johnson
12. The Shape of Things to Come
13. Greatest Hits
14. The Man Behind the Curtain
15. The Long Con
16. Pilot
17. 316
18. Catch 22
19. The 23rd Psalm
20. Follow the Leader
21. Orientation
22. Left Behind
23. One of Us
24. Exodus
25. Walkabout
26. Not in Portland
27. Man of Science, Man of Faith
28. One of Them

Locke'd and ready to go. WE MOOOOOOOOOOOVIN'!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
after re-watching the last finale, and really disliking it the first time, i liked it much more in hindsite apart from two really glaring problems:

-juliet's ridiculous motivations for blowing up the island (i bought jack's motivation this time around but hers was so forced...)
-the final shoot-out, where everyone on team jack is suddenly a professional gunman. i know it's cool to watch, but it plays tricks on your brain if you're a fan of the show.

McNei1y

mattiewheels said:
after re-watching the last finale, and really disliking it the first time, i liked it much more in hindsite apart from two really glaring problems:

-juliet's ridiculous motivations for blowing up the island (i bought jack's motivation this time around but hers was so forced...)
-the final shoot-out, where everyone on team jack is suddenly a professional gunman. i know it's cool to watch, but it plays tricks on your brain if you're a fan of the show.

Its the same as every other show. Random losties become marksmen vs security guards with rifles. :lol

SpeedingUptoStop

Nameless said:
Sawyer is my favorite character. Has been from the beginning, but there's no denying that Jack's "See you in Los Angeles" dig was one of the Top 5 moments of ownage in Lost History. Ether to the fuckin soul:

whatthematterjim.jpg
This is the third time Sawyer is seen crying. The first time was when he witnessed the death of his parents, the second was when he killed the real Sawyer in the Black Rock.

Gosh, I hope they didn't change everything. :-[

Solo said:
Solo's 5 favorite LOST scenes. And yes, theres a Jack one!

05. S1 - "Come on, breathe!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ck4SsnzxM
04. S3 - "So much for fate" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz8Ib5q4D3Q
03. S1 - "We were brought here for a reason" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxIUJgRsC9U&feature=related
02. S4 - "I won't call.... for eight years" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7gX8zzfM-s
01. S1 - "Don't tell me what I can't do!" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYfKHVdmjzQ
Wow I think I would pick all of these exact same scenes as my favorites...

Although I would replace "We were brought here for a reason" with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8O_pd_sUhU

woodchuck

The Big Rig said:
Lost.jpg

This is on the youtube front page. WTF do the plus signs mean? This better not be relevant.

go to the youtube front page and mouse over each character with the sound on. then mouse over sayid. wtf :lol

Nameless

mattiewheels said:

Juliet's motivations fit within the context of her character and the plot. Remember, she was the one who comforted Sawyer early in Season 5 when he was agonizing over losing Kate so she knew first hand the extent of his feelings for her. They made it a point of showing Juliet with the
julietav.png
face every time Sawyer and Kate interacted. Couple that with Juliet's aversion to always being the "other woman" and her desire to get home to her sister a niece(which was THE driving force behind her actions up until getting stuck in the past)after 6 years, I honestly fail see how her going along with Jack's plan doesn't make sense. This is literally her last chance to reunite with her family. I think people forget just how much a huge fuckin deal that was for her. Sure, the presentation of her flipflop was mawkish but whatever, it certainly wasn't out of place.

woodchuck said:
go to the youtube front page and mouse over each character with the sound on. then mouse over sayid. wtf :lol
Yeah that totally didn't register with me. Its also a terrible ad. I've never heard Sayid like that. Plus, Charlie's sound byte sounds like just some random dude whispering.

McNei1y

The Big Rig said:
Yeah that totally didn't register with me. Its also a terrible ad. I've never heard Sayid like that. Plus, Charlie's sound byte sounds like just some random dude whispering.

Claire's is Kate :lol

Sawyer's is an elevator hahah

I mean I'm sure they'll make sense but just funny to us before.

Watched the top 5 list posted above, Charlies death and greatest hits always gets to me.

Calcaneus

woodchuck said:
WTF is going on at ABC? I'm convinced they have monkeys working on their ads.

SpeedingUptoStop

Ladies and gentlemen, we are now approaching 35,000 feet
Hope you’re enjoying your ride through Wonderland
I am your flight attendant, SpeedingUptoStop
Turn your bottles upside down and your blunts in an upright position
And please remain seated until the flight has come to a complete stop
Thanks for flying the friendly skies with your friendly captain J-A-C-O-B
aka
The Homey

Have the juniors been lectured on proper spoiler procedure?

The chuck thread has been a disaster. Forunately, the folks over in the 24 thread are following the rules.

For those not aware, commercials and preview material, are considered SPOILERS. They are put together by a marketing team, not the writers behind Lost. Many a surprise has been ruined by the previews.

As such, PREVIEW DISCUSSION MUST BE SPOILER TAGGED AT ALL TIMES, and the spoiler must be marked as "from the preview".

Any discussion of the previews, even vague references, must be tagged. Saying "omg at preview, what a relief!" is a spoiler.

I will be posting reminders throughout the day to make sure everyone remembers this policy.

I understand that these reminders can be annoying, but again, stop by the Chuck thread to see what happens without the reminders.

What happened in the chuck thread (spoilers for season 3, episode 3-4)
The episode ended strongly implying that a main character had been killed. The preview immediately after showed the character alive and well. Posts of "omg he's ok!" ruined the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom