• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.01: [FINAL SEASON PREMIERE] Official Thread Of Last Time We Get One Of These

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm driving my co-workers crazy today. I can't stand it anymore. All I'm thinking about and talking about is LOST and I have some serious shit I need to get done.

I haven't been this hyped for a piece of entertainment in a very very long time

TheClimaxan said:
I'm driving my co-workers crazy today. I can't stand it anymore. All I'm thinking about and talking about is LOST and I have some serious shit I need to get done.

Seriously! I'm forcing everyone to watch Lost so I can talk about it to them. I mean HOLY SHIT @ Jack's hairstyle at the end of Season 5! So badass!

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
threenote said:
I'm going nuts right now because I'm not watching any episodes until the finale.
What you're talking about threenote is turning the wheel. You're gonna be banished from Lost GAF. A self-imposed exile. Are you sure you wanna do that?

Iwannaknowwhyyouwontgobacktotheisla.jpg

I wanna know why you don't wanna come back to the thread, threenote.

Yaweee

Salmonax said:
So pumped. I tried to make a new avatar and failed. I suck at animated GIFs.

frankzabby.gif

SYSTEM FAILURE.

At first I thought that was a genuinely awful GIF, but then I saw how faithful it was to the source material. Not bad at all.

MMaRsu

Banned
The last week there has been this gorgeous girl renting Lost dvd's here at the store.. I need to hook up with this woman by any means..

threenote

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
What you're talking about threenote is turning the wheel. You're gonna be banished from Lost GAF. A self-imposed exile. Are you sure you wanna do that?
It's hard because I love LOST-Age and it's members. But shit, I have class from 7-10PM on Tuesdays--and nothing's better than a good 'ol DVR marathon.

144486d.jpg

6p9541.jpg

aucx6o.jpg

x2owwo.jpg

4r9iiu.jpg

Enjoy the episode guys.

threenote said:
It's hard because I love LOST-Age and it's members. But shit, I have class from 7-10PM on Tuesdays--and nothing's better than a good 'ol DVR marathon.

Whaaa?

I'm going to be missing the rest of the season live for similar reasons but polar bears couldn't drag me away from watching it on DVR the second I get back home.

threenote

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
Whaaa?

I'm going to be missing the rest of the season live for similar reasons but polar bears couldn't drag me away from watching it on DVR the second I get back home.

I'll probably end up watching the episode tonight.

I AM WEAK.

.:lol

:(

threenote said:
I'll probably end up watching the episode tonight.

I AM WEAK.

.:lol

:(

It's not weakness, dude. It's like...common sense? Or something? There's no reason on Earth to wait, and every reason not to.

To wit:
My cable box fried a few weeks back. Lost all my DVR and had to get it replaced.

What if that happened...to you?

Watch it as soon as you get the chance, man. You never know what could happen.

threenote

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
It's not weakness, dude. It's like...common sense? Or something? There's no reason on Earth to wait, and every reason not to.

To wit:
My cable box fried a few weeks back. Lost all my DVR and had to get it replaced.

What if that happened...to you?

Watch it as soon as you get the chance, man. You never know what could happen.
The only thing I'm worried about is getting spoiled. I mean if something goes wrong with my DVR, I'll just buy them off XBL or iTunes.

But, you can't deny that watching a season in it's entirety has many positives.

edit: Speeding...:lol

threenote

Banned
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Just remember; It's your choice, threenote. You don't have to do anything you don't want to.
Indeed. We're the variables--people. We think. We reason. We make choices. We have free will. We can change our destiny.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
OneEightZero said:
Alleviating boredom. Evened the colors a bit. Use if you like.

ya51c.jpg
Hey thanks! I might need to brighten it up a bit though.

th3dude

TheClimaxan said:

I'm pretty sure everyone at my office is annoyed with me, too :D

I'm sure this has been posted a gazillion times, but what's the best super fast series recap? Like ten minutes long tops. Trying to find something expedient to help refresh a friend's memory... Thanks guys!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
G'morning everyone!
Man, I can't believe it's finally here!!

MMaRsu

Banned
Sooo my theory..

Obviously Jacob has the power to turn people from dead to alive.. surely John Locke would have died after that fall. I'm guessing since Jacob lives on the island, and so does the MIB.. I think that the Island is a sort of middleground between heaven and hell. Not really that literally, but let's just say it has some sort of meaning that resembles it.

I think the conflict between Jacob and the MIB has been eternal, and has been going on for centuries. I also think Jacob has been bringing people to the Island to prove MIB wrong, maybe about the condition of the human kind, and their spirit. That's why Jacob keeps saying "you have a choice". He believes in the good of human kind, and MIB believes in the badness in people's hearts.

Jacob is sort of like a god figure, but so is the MIB. Buuuuuut I'm sure I'm not the only one with his idea lol.

I also think, that Locke will eventually be revived by Jacob this season... We will find out Walt has been used as an "agent" for Jacob so to speak.. I believe Jacob and the MIB are building up towards a big finale between good & evil.. and they have been building towards this ending for centuries.

Solo said:
I believe its basically:

HO
LEE-FUCKING-SHIT
HOLY-FUCKING-SHIT

HO-LY FUCKING SHIT

:lol :lol :lol :lol SO perfectly fitting!!

Just saw this over at Kotaku: http://tv.gawker.com/5458253/lost-choose-your-own-adventure I don't think it has any spoilers but hey, good way to distract yourself! (pretty shitty IMO).

OMG! SOMEONE BEHIND ME IS TALKING ABOUT LOST!

Dude 1: Hey, you going to see Lost?
Dude 2: Naa, I've only seen Season 1.
Dude 1: Oh really? Well, they are airing Season 6 tonight!

GODDAMNIT, I'M OUTTA HERE!

Baron

Terry O'Quinn is in an episode of ST:TNG today that airs on SyFy at 3:00 central time. I think he plays an admiral...or perhaps a colonel.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

Blader

Yaweee said:
A bunch of things about their creation, initial interest in the island, and subsequent downfall still don't make any sense.

- I understand they're a bunch of fucking hippies that wanted to save the world, but why did they go to the island in the first place? "Oh, there's this moving island that's a gargantuan bitch to track down, and we have no reason to believe there's anything particularly special about the island otherwise, let's hire some astrophysicist friend of ours to find out a way to track down the island so we can set up experiments there"

They're on the island because it's weirdness lends itself to their experiments. They said as much in the first orientation film.

Yaweee said:
- Generally, how did the DI learn about the special time properties of the island? Was it merely inferred from the fact that the island itself is constantly repositioning in space-time?

Probably. But is that important? The bottom line is that, somehow or another, they did find out about the island's space/time properties. I mean, Faraday figured it out his first day on the island. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to accept that Dharma easily figured it out as well.

Yaweee said:
- Why is the Hanso family bankrolling the entire thing? His ancestor was on the Black Rock, but that's not sufficient justification. The two have to be connected somehow. Was the older Hanso an original leader of the others that got expelled like Widmore?

Too bad? =P

Yaweee said:
- "Oh shucks, a bunch of our scientists and janitors got gassed to death on that island we spent a whole bunch of time tracking down. Mission failed, time to wrap things up boys, store's closed!" The DI has extensive off-island facilities that should have continued operations even after the setback on the island.

You don't know that for sure. But either way, so much time and money had been invested into Dharma for over 20 years, and nothing came of it. And then on top of that, their entire personnel team gets wiped out? I don't see a reason as to why they would continue. It was a massive failed experiment.

Yaweee said:
- Why the hell would the DI build a chemical weapons plant (The Tempest) capable of gassing everything on the island to death?

I thought that The Tempest was being used to investigate new sources of chemical energy (finding new fuel sources as part of saving the world, and all that). Its ability to kill everyone on the island is just what'll happen if it's left unattended long enough. Kind of like The Swan. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom