• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Odyssey Finally Backward Compatible on XB1

Ogawa-san

The most Final Fantasy game that came out after IX, it's one hell of a ride. Totally worth hunting a physical copy (and putting up with all the discs).

Neff

IS this game actually good is it nostagia for JRPGs from the 00s?

It's MS throwing a ton of cash at a bunch of key ex-Final Fantasy staff and asking them to make a gorgeous HD PSone era Final Fantasy game. And that's what it is, plus a whole lot more.

One of the top five JRPGs imo.

Effect

It's MS throwing a ton of cash at a bunch of key ex-Final Fantasy staff and asking them to make a gorgeous HD PSone era Final Fantasy game. And that's what it is, plus a whole lot more.

One of the top five JRPGs imo.
This.

There are two JRPGs that were must plays I feel back during the Wii/PS3/360 era if you were a fan of the genre as far as home consoles were concerned. Xenoblade on the Wii and Lost Odyssey on the 360. I put both way above Final Fantasy 13 and it can be argued LO was the "true" Final Fantasy that was released that gen while Final Fantasy 13 was something else.

jbug617

Banned
CtiNYykXYAAEm5w.jpg
Installing

sangreal

finally! never played it on 360 and it was at one time one of my most anticipated games. hope it runs ok

wtf @ not putting it on the store though

Rellik

I still have my copy, but sold my Xbox, lol.

It was such an amazing game I refuse to ever get rid of my copy.

ViolentP

Guys, stop behaving so irrationally! Who buys a new generation console to play old generation games?! As such backward compatibility is such an unimportant feature!
:p

This is fantastic news!

Shit, man. Been asking for this for a long time. My day has come.

Beat the game for the first time about two years ago and despite the main plot falling apart for me towards the end I did enjoy the game. It's one of the very few traditional JRPGs I've ever actually stuck with to the end.

Those dreams are as good as folk say too; they're great stuff.

kromeo

finally! never played it on 360 and it was at one time one of my most anticipated games. hope it runs ok

wtf @ not putting it on the store though

It didn't run great on 360, not sure if BC can make any difference to that, guessing not..

Was my only real complaint with the game, except for 2 certain characters but nevermind that :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm literally drowning in RPGs I want to play, but this one is going on the short list

It didn't run great on 360, not sure if BC can make any difference to that, guessing not..

Was my only real complaint with the game, except for 2 certain characters but nevermind that :p

BC can and has already improved the performance for some games. Red Dead Redemption is one example.

Might improve load times? Installing the original to the HDD improved them a lot!

ss_lemonade

YES! I just bought the game for 9 bucks at gamestop last weekend because it was the only time I found a cheap copy with the box and manuals intact. Perfect timing

Garlador

A game I loved so much I bought my friend an Xbox 360 and a copy of the game so she could enjoy it too.

VERY happy with this news.

Dang. I lost all my 360 saves years ago and I ended up selling my copy because I couldn't do the first 2 discs again....... why am I tempted to grab it again......

Already beat it on 360 and felt it collapsed on itself towards the end
That being said, still very much worth playing, especially for that GOAT battle theme alone :)

Tain

Guwange is also a good game.

Guwange is a much better game, even.

Cool to see it with XB1 support. oneida lag-tested VF5FS and showed that BC only added a frame of lag (impressive given the tech hurdles IMO), probably the same case with other BC games.

For people in the UK, grab it ASAP if you are going to CEX cos it won't be £2.50 for much longer. They are routinely raising the price of newly BC games. It'll probably quadruple in price by tomorrow. They did it with World At War the other day.

Top Bottom