• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet preview first 4 stages + screens (haters GET THE **** OUT)

Dahbomb

nincompoop said:
931114_20061031_screen001.jpg

metroidprimegc_092602_3.jpg

Diminishing returns lol
Banned lol! :lol

Surreal

I wonder if they have any other environments other than underground city and snow. It would be cool if they had forests with a tropical climates. Just because the planet is lost doesn't mean it can't be nice. :D

nincompoop said:
931114_20061031_screen001.jpg

metroidprimegc_092602_3.jpg

Diminishing returns lol

Why did you do that?:lol

Lost Planet looks amazing. Everytime I get blown away by Gears of War and think no game can match it, I see something new from Lost Planet that blows me away too. Both games look like the Next Big Thing(s) to me

BigBoss

931114_20061031_screen017.jpg

I'm so glad you shoot by looking through a scope on the sniper rifle now, the way the demo handled the zooming was horrible.

BTW, I'm waiting for Agent Icebeezy to remind everyone that Lost Planet isn't being rendered at 720p because of the resolution of these screens, I know how much that bothered him about the DMC4 screens.

Kuran

Banned
What the hell is with the haters? I showed the screenshot with the giant creature.. and my friend's response was: "look at the blurry textures"

ITS MOTION BLUR YOU IDIOTS!

GhaleonEB

AdmiralViscen said:
I hope LP does well, with GOW in direct competition and its post-holiday release.

Although it has what, 500,000 demos downloaded?
Yeah, over 500k. I think this game is going to do really, really well. Much better than Dead Rising, even. Heck, coming in January will probably keep those 360's moving.

Wow reading the last LP thread makes me want to weep for humanity.

Then I realized GAFfers aren't human.
All the same it's incredibly depressing that people feel so destined to hate on the best game of 2007.*

* There is no *.

Zen

Banned
Jeez, the game looks pretty bad in screens, technically it's definately nothing to write home about. Good thing games look better when you see them in motion.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
931114_20061031_screen013.jpg

931114_20061031_screen017.jpg

If someone told me these were different games I'd believe them. The first screen makes me go HOLY ****ING SHIT and the second screen makes me go WTF? Anyway, I'm sure I'll love it. :3 Capcom

glaurung

With this and GoW coming, XB360 is finally getting some quality original action titles. And thankfully, both behave nicely with the other consoles coming - no opponent bashing was seen on my radar regarding the developers.

Oh, and the Lost Planet E3 2006 demo is perhaps the most played thing on my XB360.

Zenith

Banned
this game plays way better than RE4, but I bet it gets lower scores by at least 1.0 points because the franchise name isn't as big.

Aaron

Zenith said:
this game plays way better than RE4, but I bet it gets lower scores by at least 1.0 points because the franchise name isn't as big.
Atmosphere goes a long way for most reviewers though, so I think it's not so much the franchise as it is the presentation.

Settra

Zenith said:

Just because you think it does it should be considered a fact and taken into account in every review!

Zaptruder

Banned
Top 4 most wanted games for the X360 right now for me are

1. Mass Effect
2. Lost Planet
3. Gears of War
4. Forza 2

unfortunately, that looks to be about all I'm getting over the next few months!

Quick, someone name some good 360 releases coming out soon.

Wunderchu

Zaptruder said:
Top 4 most wanted games for the X360 right now for me are

1. Mass Effect
2. Lost Planet
3. Gears of War
4. Forza 2

unfortunately, that looks to be about all I'm getting over the next few months!

Quick, someone name some good 360 releases coming out soon.
Viva Piñata?
Culdcept Saga?
Crackdown?
Shadowrun?
Blue Dragon?

Mutant Storm Empire?
Assault Heroes?
Small Arms?
Super Contra?

RSLAEV

WTF at the title. Who in their right mind would try to hate on Lost Planet? I thought it was a given that this game was an absolute good?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Jeez... bad screens? It's unbelievable how even a game that looks this hot IN screens can get these kind of ridiculous comments... I really wonder about most of you people sometimes...

And I remember the last LP thread - a perfectly good thread on a perfectly good game - that got ruined because of comments like the ones here...

Keep hating as if it'll make a difference guys - the game looks incredibly good, sharp and clean in screens as is, and it moves even better while playing... can't wait for the MP demo, and the game itself in early 2007...

For now, I'm gonna resist watching the vids, but I may end up breaking down and watch them when I get back home...

Zaptruder

Banned
Wunderchu said:
Viva Piñata?
Culdcept Saga?
Crackdown?
Shadowrun?
Blue Dragon?

Mutant Storm Empire?
Assault Heroes?
Small Arms?
Super Contra?

Ooh. Blue Dragon.

Yeah... the rest don't care so much about.

Although Super Contra sounds intriguing. But that's just a XBLA game isn't it?

Blutonium

I honestly think the first explosion doesn't look that good...

Other than that, this game is gonna haul. ass. One of the reasons I'm buying a 360

Man this and GoW are playing games with each other in my head. It's like... I love how GoW is grisly and down to earth and about the characters, and how LP is this glassy effects ridden whore. They are both awesome. But taken together, it really brings out the problems that they both have. As in, one's strength is the other's weakness. The effects in GoW look pretty bad, and the character models and animation in LP aren't wonderbar either. Which is funny, because neither are bad enough that they'd stand out if it weren't for the other's being so phenomenal.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I played this game last night (the Demo). I'm not sure how people can hate on it after they've played it. It was one of those moments where I felt next gen is here in terms of me being in awe of a game.

The controls were a little confusing at first but it begins to click. Like, I wasn't really using the 90 Degree turn function at first but inched into it eventually. Everything else was cool.

Its gonna be a great game

BlueTsunami said:
I played this game last night (the Demo). I'm not sure how people can hate on it after they've played it. It was one of those moments where I felt next gen is here in terms of me being in awe of a game.

The controls were a little confusing at first but it begins to click. Like, I wasn't really using the 90 Degree turn function at first but inched into it eventually. Everything else was cool.

Its gonna be a great game

Complex controls is more incentive for me to buy it. I'd hate another game that controls like every other FPS or Third-Person action game out there. Give me original.

Top Bottom