• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Planet preview first 4 stages + screens (haters GET THE **** OUT)

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
So they added melee! Great. That was my only issue w/ the gameplay. Running up on an enemy and only having the option to waste bullets on them was irritating.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Have their been any rumblings about an XBL demo yet? Or is there one and I missed it?

DarienA

Speevy said:
You mean a multiplayer demo? There's already a single player one.

No I meant one at all... thanks I've been trying to make it a habit to look through the demos and see if there is anything I'm interested in but I keep forgetting... how is the one that's up on XBL now?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
When one says Lost Planet doesn't animate well, you have to wonder what its being compared too? If anything, Lost Planet is one of the best (if not top 5) games that uses awesome animation.

DarienA said:
... how is the one that's up on XBL now?

Its awesome. You get to fight some huge monsters and see some of the awesome explosions this game has. You even get to ride a mech, even though its kinda broken down.

BlueTsunami said:
I played this game last night (the Demo). I'm not sure how people can hate on it after they've played it. It was one of those moments where I felt next gen is here in terms of me being in awe of a game.

The controls were a little confusing at first but it begins to click. Like, I wasn't really using the 90 Degree turn function at first but inched into it eventually. Everything else was cool.

Its gonna be a great game

Same here.

This game sold me on 360 over Wii when I played the demo at my friend's house. That marked the last day I'd say that last-gen wouldn't age.

goldenpp72

The only control problem I had in the demo was rolling, it isn't very well done and not even obvious that it's there. If they fix that ill be good.

DarienA

BlueTsunami said:
Its awesome. You get to fight some huge monsters and see some of the awesome explosions this game has. You even get to ride a mech, even though its kinda broken down.

Sweet I'll have to check it out this eve.

BlueTsunami said:
When one says Lost Planet doesn't animate well, you have to wonder what its being compared too? If anything, Lost Planet is one of the best (if not top 5) games that uses awesome animation.

It's not that it doesn't animate well, it's that the animation is lacking compared to other aspects of the game. One of the best ever? I really don't see that.... like... really don't. I'm basing this mostly on the demo though, so I'm sure things can change.

HokieJoe

DarienA said:
No I meant one at all... thanks I've been trying to make it a habit to look through the demos and see if there is anything I'm interested in but I keep forgetting... how is the one that's up on XBL now?

Best explosions EVAR!!! :)

hyp

Shake Appeal said:
these screens are pretty bad

if I hadn't played this game in the (impressive) state it was like six months ago I would have zero interest. is it not becoming widely apparent yet how unrepresentative screens are of 'next-gen' titles?

wonder_narrowweb__200x251.jpg

:lol @ all the posts saying screens look "meh" or "bad" obviously you haven't played the demo. hey wario, nice futile attempt at getting the haters out of the thread.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
DarienA said:
Sweet I'll have to check it out this eve.

I really question your taste in gaming from time to time. The fact that you left RR6 unopened, while you played this...

360_itc_b.gif

All while totally ignoring LP and it's greatness in demo form...

*shakes head*

jj984jj said:
If someone told me these were different games I'd believe them. The first screen makes me go HOLY ****ING SHIT and the second screen makes me go WTF? Anyway, I'm sure I'll love it. :3 Capcom

Comparing a wide shot of a superbly lit natural cavern to a sniper scope view in a dark manmade corridor is kinda silly. I bet if you sniped that barrel on screen the lighting would show off just how much detail there is on those characters though! :D

Top Bottom