• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

El Topo

Good point, Magnum, but sgmwG0+gEDAiUQ5nLE rather than ARMRuRa5Jv? You really think oxUH6ZuJMvEWXfTBFwNW0Hy/ukYzidSnpLqFJEmL8tP4sR/lOE75gE?

(Sorry.)

Current Votes:

el topo & giant panda (0)
ty4on

karkador & zippedpinhead (1)
fluxwavez
ultrajay
timeaisis
timeaisis

launchpadmcq & gorlak (0)
boo boo'n
ty4on

hobohodo & ty4on (2)
zippedpinhead
gorlak
tl21xx
fluxwavez
kingkitty
fluxwavez

timeaisis & fluxwavez (11)
gorlak
launchpadmcq
ultrajay
boo boo'n
zippedpinhead
karkador
camjo-z
tl21xx
hobohodo
el topo
ultrajay
batsnacks
coppanuva
magnumboy20xx

dusk soldier & karu (4)
fluxwavez
flame_ac
kyanrute
retroid
flame_ac
zippedpinhead
karkador
ultrajay
timeaisis

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (1)
giant panda

coppanuva & flame_ac (1)
batsnacks
karu

ultrajay & boo boo'n (1)
karkador

kyanrute & retroid (1)
ty4on

13 votes needed for majority.

red_1457028000.png

oh man I'm just realizing I never actually voted.

Flame_AC

Ourobolus

Banned
yW8uw8b.png

Where we learn what happens when Gambit goes Rogue.

"What are you doing?"
"I bought some shoes."
"Just now?"
"Yeah, there's Wi-Fi in the tunnel."
"How much were they?"
"Only $50."
"Whew."
"But I bought 300 pairs of them."
Timeaisis's face grew red as he rounded upon FluxWaveZ. "WHAT? YOU'RE ALWAYS DOING THIS! WE HAVE TO TALK ABOUT BIG PURCHASES FIRST, YOU CAN'T JUST GO OFF AND DO SHIT LIKE THIS!"
"Oh honey, it's fine. Remember when I got you that pool table?"
"Yes! I remember the pool table. I also remember that we were late with the rent payment and I was stuck eating the spice out of ramen packets for two months. I STILL TASTE SALT IN EVERYTHING!"
FluxWaveZ primped his hair while staring at his portrait in the phone camera. "You worry too much. Everything will work out just fine."

"Excuse me," a voice rung out from behind them.
"AH!" Both Timeaisis and FluxWaveZ jumped in their boat, sloshing water all about. A large figure stood behind them, its bottom half submerged in the water.

"You guys know that you've been voted out, right?"
Timeaisis sighed with relief. "Oh thank god. Please, just end it. I can't take FluxWaveZ any more. I'm seriously considering a divorce. But I'll take the sweet, sweet release of death instead."
FluxWaveZ trembled in fear at the sight of the figure, cowering in the bottom of the boat, his Japanese school uniform becoming more soaked by the minute. "No, please! I still...I still have more things to buy!"

Daisy picked up the defeated pair and carried them off towards the beginning of the boat ride. Setting them down by the exit, he grabbed both of their left hands. Suddenly a flash of light illuminated the entire area, and Flux and Time reeled in pain, their ring fingers stinging horribly.

"What did you do to us," they asked.
"Sometimes there are fates worse than death." Daisy explained, and held the door open for the pair.
Timeaisis fiddled with the ring on his hand. "Hey, I can't take this thing off! Wait, I CAN'T TAKE THIS THING OFF!"

"Go." Daisy pushed them out the door, leaving a sullen Timeaisis kneeling on the ground, screaming at the heavens, while the love of his life, FluxWaveZ, pressed a few more buttons on his phone and smiled.

nsrsqhj-imgurnabl7.gif

(credit to HarlanRyudo for the gif)

Timeaisis and FluxWaveZ have been eliminated from the game!

“It’s true, oh it’s true!
It is so, so true!
What is?
The Amazing, Pure and Unrivaled love between Timeaisis and FluxWaveZ, of course!

Who cared where you two originally met? It could have been in a cinema, or in a café, or maybe just in the internet. What matters is that you two love each other most dearly, with absolutely no restraints. It will be just a question of time, until you two get married, have children and grow old together!

But first, you will embark on a great quest… quest to journey through the Love Tunnel with many other lovely couples… well obviously you guys are the most lovely, but that’s beside the point!”

----

You are partnered with Timeaisis/FluxWaveZ

You and your pair’s shared role is Ordinary Pair of Lovers. You are Aligned with LOVE (That means TOWN).

This means, that neither of you have any special powers. But you guys can vote!

Also, as you are a Pair of Lovers, you will get an private Lovers Chat in the Outer Gafia to use for communication to each other. Remember, that if one of you dies, your pair will die with you.

Your Lover’s chat is here: [REDACTED]

The Game thread is here:

You will win, if everyone, who is aligned with the LOVELESS, are defeated!

Night 3 Begins.

Night 3 ends in:
red_1457287200.png

Gorlak

Banned
Night Actions locked in.

One hour till love continues.

Behold, the bear is back! Nice to see you, there was this one akward guy here trying to take over your job, but he constantly messed up the game/vote counts and stuff... :p Good to have you back <3

Burbeting

Banned
d60hQOa.png

Where we learn, that bears are eternal

”Heyyy, guys! What’s up!”

ngqw4W2.png

The Caretaker of the Boat was suddenly standing there once again, as the boats emerged from yet another dark tunnel, as if to point out that the night had turned into day once again. Nothing on the bear was wrong, almost as if he was never devoured by some mystical being known as Daisy. Instead the love bear was just smiling like the usual.
However, everyone else was much more bothered with this new twist. “Wait… weren’t you supposed to be dead?”
“Huh? What! You can’t kill the caretaker!”
“Then… what is…”
Just like that, everyone’s eyes turned to the black-and-white creature that resembled a teenaged-boy.

tZGs9Ef.png

“Hey wait, don’t run away!” The Bear took hold from Daisy’s hand, and firmly grasped it. “I know you tried to eat me and all, but we can be for friends for sure!”
“I… yeah…”

yv9oxqs.png

“Wait, what?!”
But there was nothing else to do, as Daisy exploded into heart-shaped, white little shards. Just like that, the Daisy was gone, and was most likely never heard of again. Or maybe he had gone to some other universe, with spies and an old lady leading them… But I Digress.

“Now then, has anyone died tonight?”
The weird sheaningans that had been going on, nobody had even bothered to pay attention to anything going around them. But now that everyone began to actually think about their numbers, it became awfully apparent that even though there was eleven pairs alive when the sun rose, there now was only ten…
“It’s… it’s that boat! The one with kitten and duck drawings in it!”

Indeed, they found Gorlak and LaunchpadMcQ inside the boat, lying on their backs, dead. The cause of death was most likely some sort of poisonous gas, as there was no signs of any external wounds, unlike in the case of cabot and Splinter.

“But… we are in the Sexy Valley! Come on, cheer up!”

LaunchpadMcQ & Gorlak have lost their lives

“It’s true, oh it’s true!
It is so, so true!
What is?
The Amazing, Pure and Unrivaled love between LaunchpadMcQ and Gorlak, of course!

Who cared where you two originally met? It could have been in a cinema, or in a café, or maybe just in the internet. What matters is that you two love each other most dearly, with absolutely no restraints. It will be just a question of time, until you two get married, have children and grow old together!

But first, you will embark on a great quest… quest to journey through the Love Tunnel with many other lovely couples… well obviously you guys are the most lovely, but that’s beside the point!”

----

You are partnered with LaunchpadMcQ/Gorlak

You and your pair’s shared role is Ordinary Pair of Lovers. You are Aligned with LOVE (That means TOWN).

This means, that neither of you have any special powers. But you guys can vote!

Also, as you are a Pair of Lovers, you will get an private Lovers Chat in the Outer Gafia to use for communication to each other. Remember, that if one of you dies, your pair will die with you.

Your Lover’s chat is here: [REDACTED]

The Game thread is here:

You will win, if everyone, who is aligned with the LOVELESS, are defeated!

Ourobobelius has been vaporized!

You are Daisy.

You’re a caricature of a 16-year-old japanese teenager.

You don’t win.

Burbeting has returned as a Game Mod for no reason!

Hey! Who told you, you can just abandon your post like that! Get back this instant!

Alive: 10 Pairs
Dead: 5 Pairs
Day 1: Never Forever & CzarTim (One True Pairing)
Night 1: Nobody
Day 2: Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (Best Friends)
Night 2: *Splinter & cabot (a Pair of Sleepwalkers)
Day 3: Timeaisis & FluxWaveZ (Ordinary Pair of Lovers)
Night 3: LaunchpadMcQ & Gorlak (Ordinary Pair of Lovers)

Day 4 begins

11 Votes for Majority

The day ends in 3/10 6PM GMT

red_1457632800.png

Flame_AC

I'm still having trouble understanding what went down right at the end there. I don't what someone was saying about a lyncher, it was very muddled. Could someone explain exactly what happened?

Shame about Launch and Gorlak, they always had insightful posts whenever they were around.

Coppanuva

We're already dead, aren't we.

Any reason Launch said this? Was this a joke (they had 0 votes on them), or did he actually expect to be killed last night?

Also, Magnum start talking. Not Batsnacks. Magnum. I want to hear from you on this specifically, I'm not willing to take bats' arguments in your stead today.

Camjo-Z

Welp, had a bad feeling Flux/Time would turn out to be town, but at the same time I couldn't ignore all of the weird things Flux was doing. Sorry guys...
but seriously don't fakeclaim in your first post flux it throws off my groove man

I'm still having trouble understanding what went down right at the end there. I don't what someone was saying about a lyncher, it was very muddled. Could someone explain exactly what happened?

Batsnack said that Flux and Time know he's not a townie, Launchpad took this to mean he was a lyncher? They got some splainin' to do.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Batsnacks, Magnum, what the fuck was that about

OK, here's what happened. Batsnacks and I wanted to lynch flame/coppa, so batsnacks started a push while I waited to see if it would take off. However it didn't work, and it felt like batsnacks was completely ignored. So instead we went with flux and time due to flux's play. However batsnacks stated to feel that they were town near the end since time was practicly bleeding town, so we decided to do a #unnecessarygambit2016 to see reactions, and to get people to actually pay attention to us. We think that anyone who unvoted after our gambit is town, since time/flux were town. Scum would have a strong incentive to keep their vote on them rather than unvote.

Karu

I mean i kinda believe you... But lol

Or I dont believe you and this is a very easy "hey look... We are town, man!"-move.

Warxard

Banned
OK, here's what happened. Batsnacks and I wanted to lynch flame/coppa, so batsnacks started a push while I waited to see if it would take off. However it didn't work, and it felt like batsnacks was completely ignored. So instead we went with flux and time due to flux's play. However batsnacks stated to feel that they were town near the end since time was practicly bleeding town, so we decided to do a #unnecessarygambit2016 to see reactions, and to get people to actually pay attention to us. We think that anyone who unvoted after our gambit is town, since time/flux were town. Scum would have a strong incentive to keep their vote on them rather than unvote.

That seems so unbelievably useless to UNVOTE when the window of voting is basically incredibly narrow and dependent on Mod closing up the votes.

kingkitty

my boat didn't get chat attacked.

not surprised that timeflux flipped town. scum wasn't going to do two bold role claims on Day 1 in the span of ten minutes. roleclaims that don't even mesh well.

the last minute magnumbats thing...there were probably better ways to go about that.

This seems like weird reasoning to me. Batsnacks posted that 6 minutes before the end of the day, so it clearly had no chance of swinging the vote enough to save TimeFlux. But I don't see how people unvoting TimeFlux in that 6 minute period would mean they are innocent. I don't understand the point of this supposed gambit at all.

My first impression was that batsnacks had meant to post that in his lovers/scum chat, and your explanation didn't do nearly enough to convince me otherwise. Also, there is still the odd thing of Batsnacks saying Blawl was an x-shot tracker. This move only adds to my suspicions.

Vote: batsnacks

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
This seems like weird reasoning to me. Batsnacks posted that 6 minutes before the end of the day, so it clearly had no chance of swinging the vote enough to save TimeFlux. But I don't see how people unvoting TimeFlux in that 6 minute period would mean they are innocent. I don't understand the point of this supposed gambit at all.

My first impression was that batsnacks had meant to post that in his lovers/scum chat, and your explanation didn't do nearly enough to convince me otherwise. Also, there is still the odd thing of Batsnacks saying Blawl was an x-shot tracker. This move only adds to my suspicions.

Vote: batsnacks

We did the gambit fully knowing that flux/time were going to be lynched regardless of what we did. The purpose of it was to strictly get reactions,not to get people to unvote. We were disappointed that they went down so easily, especially since batsnacks was going so hard on flame/coppa.

Top Bottom