• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Kyanrute

Another thing to consider would be that perhaps scum are searching for the doctor with their kills. If the doctor's focus is on keeping Kark and Zipped alive, they cannot protect themselves, if self-targeting is even possible to begin with.

Coppanuva

Hey guys

I'm back

Based off of GorLaunch's death, scum likely didn't trust their ability to successfully kill KarkthePinhead. At the same time, it seems their strategy is to kill the loudest voice, rather than go for safe kills

What do you mean by "safe kills" here? If you think they though Kark/Zipped was protected (as you seem to indicate based on the "didn't trust their ability to successfully kill kark", why does Gorlaunch's death indicate they're not going for safe kills here? Anybody other than Karked would be a "safe kill" would it not?

What do you mean by "safe kills" here? If you think they though Kark/Zipped was protected (as you seem to indicate based on the "didn't trust their ability to successfully kill kark", why does Gorlaunch's death indicate they're not going for safe kills here? Anybody other than Karked would be a "safe kill" would it not?

It's not unprecedented that scum use claimed prs to try and go for other kills. I've done it multiple times as scum. If scum were stopped from killing, say, Flux and Time Night 1, they may have instead preferred to go after high posters.

At the same time, high posts count players that tend to contribute a bunch tend to still be big targets, regardless of claimed prs, and they also often get protected by doctors, watched by watchers, etc.

A "Safe kill" is a kill scum could be almost entirely certain no doctor, watcher, or switcher would go after, typically low post count, fairly inconsequential people

Karkador

Banned
I just remembered something that happened right after we revealed in D2:

Well that wasn't what I was expecting Kark's role to be.

So you both tracked each other and just saw each other?

I just realized why this reaction sounded off to me. Before this point, we never gave any indication that we had a role. Like, none at all. How would Flame expect us to have a role? Because he heard it from the scum chat that day, when Blarg shared the result that we targeted them?

Well... today has certainly been much more interesting than I thought. Kark, care to explain why you didn't push harder for a Blawl lynch D1?

Partner seems similarly surprised, maybe a little worried

I was more thinking of like what the tracking result PM says since I would think the two pairs have different names, if Blarg/Kawl really is a miller.

I won't press on the one more thing, but does it apply in this situation or is it just something unrelated?

Is this...mafia fishing for us to share a tracker result PM for them to compare with theirs?

Warxard

Banned
so ultrajay and kark are the remaining scum pair? kk

It's pretty great to consider that considering your content in the game so far, you're the last person I would have to listen to in regards to finding the remaining scum. (Not that I'm 'for' the shit Kark/Zipped have been doing mind you.)

Not that somebody will say, i didn't place a Vote...

VOTE: Coppanuva

I mean voting for the sake of voting seems like a total waste, not to mention the shit your team pulled on Day 2 regarding the Cabot/Splinter nonsense (as mentioned by Ty4on.)

Dusk almost got killed/maybe will be killed by opposing you. Eh. ;-)

Other than that... don't feel well versed enough in the matter to vote for flux (shouldn't have left him out of my current read-list). Worked on Coppa/Flame, but it's mostly wishy-washy stuff. The gist is basically they are on my radar, on my priority list.

I dislike the lack of confidence in your posts. There's something uncomfortably vague about you, which at this point in the game is very unessecary.

VOTE: Karu [/highlight.]

Flame_AC

I just remembered something that happened right after we revealed in D2:

I just realized why this reaction sounded off to me. Before this point, we never gave any indication that we had a role. Like, none at all. How would Flame expect us to have a role? Because he heard it from the scum chat that day, when Blarg shared the result that we targeted them?

This is an odd thing to bring up, but I can see why you might think that.

You and Zip claimed that you had business with Blawg/Kawl, I assumed you were a cop and checked Blarg and got scum and that you were gonna post your results and just hope a doctor saved you.

You then come out with a second tracker claim, well after Blarg/Kawl's and I was surprised. Now do you understand that post?

Isn't it obvious why people would be surprised at your claim. You basically had them dead the moment you posted. I think it was a valid question as to why you didn't go out with it on Day 1.

As far as your point about the role names go, we didn't have much to base role names off of at that point and it was a possibility that the names might verify the possibility of both teams being town, or otherwise.

roytheone

Well it seemed like a really great idea at the time but sometimes my plans...

200w.gif

200w.gif

If batsnacks doesn't join Batman mafia, I will be upset.

Karkador

Banned

You and Zip claimed that you had business with Blawg/Kawl, I assumed you were a cop and checked Blarg and got scum and that you were gonna post your results and just hope a doctor saved you.

He claimed Miller - what good would that do?

You then come out with a second tracker claim, well after Blarg/Kawl's and I was surprised. Now do you understand that post?

I'm not doubting you were surprised. As I've said several times, I'm fairly certain that mafia players didn't expect a Tracker on the other team, but they already knew we had a role.

Isn't it obvious why people would be surprised at your claim. You basically had them dead the moment you posted. I think it was a valid question as to why you didn't go out with it on Day 1.

And again, the most surprised would be the ones who bet big on there not being another Tracker.

As far as your point about the role names go, we didn't have much to base role names off of at that point and it was a possibility that the names might verify the possibility of both teams being town, or otherwise.[/QUOTE]

You weren't talking about role names?

I was more thinking of like what the tracking result PM says

You wanted to see if we got the same PM response from Burb. To see if it matched with your scum Tracker's result. I imagine the panic was high at that moment, trying to figure out if we were for real.

Camjo-Z

Cop checking a miller, now that's just gunning for the "Least Valuable Player" award.

Flame_AC

I'm backing my partner on this one. You two have been flying under the radar, and coppa is giving me serious island vibes.

vote: flame_AC

Flying under the radar? I think we've both been fairly active, I think we're both in the top quarter of activity even. There's been a lot of discussion from us and about us, so how do you think we've been flying under the radar? If you have stuff you want us to specifically address, he or I would be glad to.

I didn't read the Island game you're talking about, but judge he and I on this game, not others.

On the other hand, Coppanuva does a good job seeming genuinely misinformed about what exactly trackers can see if he is scum. I'm not sure why he thought a tracker would get a role name though.

I'm of the opinion they should tell us the name of who they targeted and why. The role name can be their judgement (Unless it's damning, I'd personally save it for later on in the game/phase), but I think their reasoning for who they picked is useful and doesn't give scum team too much useful information.

Flame_AC

He claimed Miller - what good would that do?

And again, the most surprised would be the ones who bet big on there not being another Tracker.

You weren't talking about role names?

You wanted to see if we got the same PM response from Burb. To see if it matched with your scum Tracker's result. I imagine the panic was high at that moment, trying to figure out if we were for real.

Ah, sorry about that. I've brushed aside his miller junk and the Time/Flux stuff and haven't given it much thought since then.

I was thinking about a different post, but as far as the action report goes, I think it would have been a good check to have both teams, if they really were both trackers, have the same message from Burb. Two town trackers should have the same PM, right?

On the other hand, Coppanuva does a good job seeming genuinely misinformed about what exactly trackers can see if he is scum. I'm not sure why he thought a tracker would get a role name though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that post you reference of Coppa's is addressing Time/Flux who had claimed name cop which is why he was discussing revealing/not names of people checked and their roles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that post you reference of Coppa's is addressing Time/Flux who had claimed name cop which is why he was discussing revealing/not names of people checked and their roles.

You are right. Disregard my previous post. I thought the topic was still on Blawl due to my skimming when I went and looked back at it.

Flame_AC

Nice find kark!

vote: flame_AC

Did you read my defense posts of it? I don't get this argument.

Kark/Zip say they've got some sort of business with Blarg/Kawl -> They must have some role that makes them certain scum -> They claim a second tracker.

Somehow the above translates to me knowing ahead of time what Kark had as a role?

At the time, two trackers was very odd. In the end it's true there were two, one on each side.

batsnacks

I don't want to repost everything I already said about flame 3 times already... please read these posts or at least the bolded bits:

I followed Karkador as I truly believe he is town. As the person who started the Blarg train, I think it is worth it to follow him for a day and see where it goes. There was never a doubt in my mind that Kark was telling the truth, Blarg's reactions (and my immediate vote) are a display of that. As Kark was the closest thing to confirmed town that we had in my mind, I was willing to let him go back on his initial push. I knew that if things turned out poorly then we would lynch Blarg/Kawl on the next day.

However, I think it is worth noting that I did wait for things to develop as far as Splinter is concerned. I wanted to make sure that if we did leave both trackers alive, then we got certain things and that everyone was on the same page.

Splinter's posts were rather abrasive and seemed extremely dismissive. I think it is important for every player to feel like they could die, as otherwise, they won't play well. That's why I went to Splinter.

I won't speak for my partner, we only really post in the game thread.

It was certainly a possibility that someone was mafia, more then likely even. However, I felt confident in Kark's claim and so I preferred to go with him on it. I also made sure that if the Splinter/cabot lynch happened, then we'd get certain information during the night. If the Splinter/cabot move didn't work out, then Blarg/Kawl are lynched the next day pretty automatically.

Personally, I've always played with the mindset that it is always bad to end the day early, no matter what. Ending early allows scum to create excuses for inactivity and stifles discussion. Some might say that the discussion isn't valuable, but I think every little bit helps.

I was willing to trust Kark and if it didn't work out then we'd kill Blarg the next day. I know it's not ideal to leave mafia alive whatsoever, but I mentioned my own reason for viewing Splinter as scum, while wrong, and am okay with the vote in the end.

I agree with you that it it is basically impossible that Kark would counterclaim his own team.

If you're curious as to why I wasn't around at the end of the day, I think it's a shame the game is during the week for the most part. As you or others might have noticed, generally I'm most active at the start of the Day (Sunday) and taper off from there. (If only it was like Season 4)

Look, basically. I believe Kark's claim and was willing to follow him on it. It was possible, however slim it may have been that there was two town trackers. I went for Blarg/Kawl immediately because I wanted it to be known which side of the argument I was on.

I went to Splinter/cabot for two reasons: I didn't like how he felt perfectly safe and didn't want to hammer Blarg/Kawl. That makes it look like he didn't want to be in the spotlight and that they wanted others to do the visible actions. I also trust that Kark has the best interest of town at his heart.

I mentioned earlier that if Splinter/cabot lynch didn't work out, then I would hope PRs are smart enough to not do anything during the night, or at least be very careful. This would limit Blarg/Kawl's action and then we lynch them the following day.

Also, it worked in HP and so I was really hoping it'd happen again.

Flame_AC repeats over and over that he believed Kark was town and that blarg was mafia BUT Flame_AC didn't vote blarg who he thought was mafia
Vote: *Splinter

I'd rather get tracking info tomorrow, then lynch Blarg/Kark if necessary. Splinter has been dismissive of anyone's post against him, rubs me the wrong way.

He voted splinter because splinter was "dismissive" of people's posts.

Karkador

Banned
It's Day 2. Blawl are at 13 votes. *Splat are at 7. As the tension mounts on Splinter, it seems like this ship is about to change course.

CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (13)
Karkador .1889 .2609
Zippedpinhead .1892 .2608
Flame_AC .1893 .2694
Hyperactivity .1895
*Splinter .1919 .2145
batsnacks .1930
Timeaisis .2009
Camjo-Z .2086 .2451
TL21xx .2090
LaunchpadMcQ .2130
Kyanrute .2142
Retroid .2224 .2225
Retroid .2225
FluxWaveZ .2329 .2486
UltraJay .2453
cabot .2489
Camjo-Z .2514
FluxWaveZ .2516 .2601
FluxWaveZ .2610 .2657
Boo Boo'n .2677
FluxWaveZ .2687
kingkitty .2700

*Splinter & cabot (7)
LaunchpadMcQ .1764 .2130
Ty4on .2491
*Splinter .2581
FluxWaveZ .2601 .2610
Kawl_USC .2603
Zippedpinhead .2608
Karkador .2609
Blargonaut .2622
FluxWaveZ .2657 .2687
Giant Panda .2719

Coppanuva & Flame_AC (1)
Dusk Soldier .1992

Karkador & Zippedpinhead (1)
Gorlak .2044 .2057
Ty4on .2271 .2347
Karu .2446

El Topo & Giant Panda (0)
cabot .1625 .1663
cabot .1941 .2028

FluxWaveZ & Timeaisis (0)
Gorlak .1699 .2040
Camjo-Z .1846 .2086
Coppanuva .1903 .1990
Blargonaut .1911 .2377
TL21xx .2042 .2090
Blargonaut .2377 .2622
FluxWaveZ .2486 .2516

batsnacks & MagnumBoy20xx (0)
Flame_AC .1745 .1893
Ty4on .2406 .2491

Hobohodo & Ty4on (0)
FluxWaveZ .1920 .2235
cabot .2028 .2146
cabot .2146 .2334
cabot .2334 .2489

Gorlak & LaunchpadMcQ (0)
Giant Panda .1637 .1640
Giant Panda .1640 .2719
UltraJay .1688 .1695
Coppanuva .1994 .2061

Hyperactivity & kingkitty (0)
cabot .1670 .1941

No active vote for Day 2:
Coppanuva (has previously voted)
El Topo
Flame_AC (has previously voted)
Gorlak (has previously voted)
Hobohodo
MagnumBoy20xx

The very next post after this vote update:

Vote: *Splinter

I'd rather get tracking info tomorrow, then lynch Blarg/Kark if necessary. Splinter has been dismissive of anyone's post against him, rubs me the wrong way.

7 posts later, a white flag of sorts. Post #2731, remember that number.

Beyond all of the name calling, people who don't have an active vote or remain voting on some other couple with one vote seem shady as hell to me. Make a decision, take a stand. Even if it moves me and Blarg closer to our fate instead of Splintbot, make a choice. Provide some reasoning/feelings. Casual coasting on the sideline does Yall no favors.

Scum team, rally! Quickly, everyone after Post #2731, get to the fuckin' choppa

LOVE BOAT DAY 2 FINAL VOTE TALLY:

Blargonaut & Kawl_USC (15)
Karkador .1889 .2609
Zippedpinhead .1892 .2608
Flame_AC .1893 .2694
Hyperactivity .1895
*Splinter .1919 .2145
batsnacks .1930
Timeaisis .2009
Camjo-Z .2086 .2451
TL21xx .2090
LaunchpadMcQ .2130 .2780
Kyanrute .2142
Retroid .2224 .2225
Retroid .2225 .2735
FluxWaveZ .2329 .2486
UltraJay .2453 .2744
cabot .2489
Camjo-Z .2514
FluxWaveZ .2516 .2601
FluxWaveZ .2610 .2657
Boo Boo'n .2677
FluxWaveZ .2687
kingkitty .2700
*Splinter .2741
El Topo .2808
MagnumBoy20xx .2810
LaunchpadMcQ .2846
Gorlak .2861

*Splinter & cabot (10)
LaunchpadMcQ .1764 .2130
Ty4on .2491
*Splinter .2581 .2741
FluxWaveZ .2601 .2610
Kawl_USC .2603
Zippedpinhead .2608
Karkador .2609
Blargonaut .2622
FluxWaveZ .2657 .2687
Giant Panda .2719
Flame_AC .2724
Gorlak .2733 .2854
Coppanuva .2737
UltraJay .2744
Dusk Soldier .2768

Karkador & Zippedpinhead (1)
Gorlak .2044 .2057
Ty4on .2271 .2347
Karu .2446

FluxWaveZ & Timeaisis (0)
Gorlak .1699 .2040
Camjo-Z .1846 .2086
Coppanuva .1903 .1990
Blargonaut .1911 .2377
TL21xx .2042 .2090
Blargonaut .2377 .2622
FluxWaveZ .2486 .2516

El Topo & Giant Panda (0)
cabot .1625 .1663
cabot .1941 .2028

Coppanuva & Flame_AC (0)
Dusk Soldier .1992 .2768

batsnacks & MagnumBoy20xx (0)
Flame_AC .1745 .1893
Ty4on .2406 .2491

Hobohodo & Ty4on (0)
FluxWaveZ .1920 .2235
cabot .2028 .2146
cabot .2146 .2334
cabot .2334 .2489

Gorlak & LaunchpadMcQ (0)
Giant Panda .1637 .1640
Giant Panda .1640 .2719
UltraJay .1688 .1695
Coppanuva .1994 .2061

Hyperactivity & kingkitty (0)
cabot .1670 .1941

No active vote for Day 2:
Hobohodo
Retroid (has previously voted)

Just before and after Post #2731, the rallying death cry of Blargonaut and Kawl_USC, look at what we have here: Coppa and Flame, coming to try to even the vote out a bit.

Honorable mentions to BooJay for most likely also being scum, and Duskaru for also maybe being scum. The rest were a little late to the party.

Ty4on

Thing to note that I just remembered is with the death of Gorlak and Launch we know scum didn't control the turbo (and where their votes ended up).
Part of the reason I scum read them was thinking scum wanted to be in control of where their votes where and turbo to seal the deal.

Camjo-Z

Welp, I'm convinced. I'll add that I didn't like the way Flame kept trying to suggest we should keep Blarg alive in the interest of getting two tracker reports, even though the most likely result of that would have been maf simply roleblocking the town tracker and getting another report for themselves. (Sure, it turns out there is no maf roleblocker, but he didn't know that at the time... OR DID HE?)

VOTE: Flame_AC

Flame_AC

Gimme a minute to type up a response. I think you are all hopping on a train that looks good, but is wrong and is only going to hurt town.

Coppanuva

[Content removed, but like 90% of it was linebreaks anyhow, click the little arrow and read his post. It doesn't work well without it.]

1) We're not the only people who voted Splintbot. Saying we were suspicious because we voted him is alright as long as you don't disregard the fact that at least 7 other people voted on them as well.

2) Do you really think scum would be communicating their voting patterns this far out in the open? The whole white flag theory is one of the stupidest things I've heard. Kawl was acting to save himself and nothing more. In calling out non-voters he was trying to look more town and prolong his life, winning any swing-votes. Any calls to arms to scum team would be easily made in their private forum.

3) Why would we vote for Splintbot then immediately kill him? I'm insulted you think I'm that bad a player.

Also, you use a ton of linebreaks man jesus.

Karkador

Banned
1) We're not the only people who voted Splintbot. Saying we were suspicious because we voted him is alright as long as you don't disregard the fact that at least 7 other people voted on them as well.

*Splinter & cabot (10)
LaunchpadMcQ .1764 .2130 dead
Ty4on .2491
*Splinter .2581 .2741 dead
FluxWaveZ .2601 .2610 dead
Kawl_USC .2603 dead
Zippedpinhead .2608
Karkador .2609
Blargonaut .2622 dead
FluxWaveZ .2657 .2687 dead
Giant Panda .2719
Flame_AC .2724
Gorlak .2733 .2854 dead
Coppanuva .2737
UltraJay .2744
Dusk Soldier .2768

The only people on this list who aren't dead are you&yours, Zipped and I, Ty4on, and half of Topo and half of Dusk.

Unless you're going to suggest Mafia entirely bussed Blarg, there's Mafia in this group; and I'm at least pretty sure that Topo, Ty4on, and I are Town.

So either you start eating Dusk's face off, or give it up.

Ty4on

Gimme a minute to type up a response. I think you are all hopping on a train that looks good, but is wrong and is only going to hurt town.
I'm leaning heavily towards you, but I'll try to look back at your posts and see if I find something townie.
It's probably too early now to kill. The day isn't over yet, could really make a big difference if we lynch town again.

Karkador

Banned
Is the voting record why you've tunneled so much on BooJay? I kinda wrote it off when scum lynched Cabinter, but I'm probably assuming they're too cautious.

It's also because of how they opened Day 3.

After I saw that Mafia killed Splinter, I knew they would probably go the route of
trying to rouse suspicion against us right out the gate. . It seems I was right.

But these two seem not-so-coordinated. Boo had posted this right before Jay's post:

VOTE: LaunchpadMcQ

You've had an axe to grind against Splinter and Cabot since the game started and, magically, they end up night killed. Now I'm doubting the Legitimacy of Kark's claim because he should be dead right now, but I feel more inclined to push onto you today seeing as, if the end of the day goes as expected, Kark will have majority vote.

Ah, another dead person.

Warxard

Banned
Ah, another dead person.

Because CLEARLY I wouldn't get any suspicion drawn toward me if one of the people I nominated died shortly after.

Use your head. Me catching the heat right after Launch got bopped is clearly just another play by Scum. If it wasn't the main focus of the scum play it would clearly be just another factor.

Warxard

Banned
I voted on the spot because the shit with Cabot/Splinter unnerved me, and the fact that you didn't die when you clearly should have on Day 3 made me raise a brow or two.

Karkador

Banned
Huh? If mafia had three members in total, how could BooJay be mafia? There would be two left, so when you tracked BooJay, one had to go out and kill whereas the other pair (I would assume) used the chat bomb.

There could be four. It's really not out of the realm of possibility.

But aside from that, the thing right now is about Coppa and Flame, and they're cornered right now.

It's either throw another scum who voted for Splinter under the bus, or claim that ALL the scum voted for Blarg.

Ty4on

All in reverse chronological order
Every mention of Flame, Coppa, Flame_AC or Coppanuva by Kawl:
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=196575161&highlight=flame_ac#post196575161
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=196574108&highlight=flame_ac#post196574108
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=195536207&highlight=coppa#post195536207
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=195368858&highlight=coppanuva#post195368858

Every mention of Flame, Coppa, Flame_AC or Coppanuva by Blarg:
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=196487786&highlight=coppanuva#post196487786
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=195763709&highlight=coppanuva#post195763709
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=195485837&highlight=flame_ac#post195485837
http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=195252323&highlight=flame_ac#post195252323

Very little communication between the two pairs apart from a little bit at the end when we were about to vote out Splinter and Kawl replied twice to Flame.

Reads:
Coppanuva and Flame_AC - null. came out the gate pretty hot, reacted kind of strongly to the claims put forth, and have seemed to back off a little (Flame more than Coppa) after they got some heat put on them. Possible that they decided to take some of their initial discussion to lovers chat to avoid additional ire/showing cards (as I believe Gorlak and Launch have said to be doing). Null at this point.
6. [m] Coppanuva x [m] Flame_AC — I don't know where their loyalties lie, nor their votes. Erratic posters who weave in and out of the discussion with seemingly good observations, but... I never know when they're going to pop up? They're like scavengers who notice everything and jump at opportunities.

kingkitty

Two confirmed scum did vote for cabsplinter (blarg and kawl).

So in the scenario that we have 4 scum pairs, which is 8 people, we already have 2 for cabsplat. I can't imagine (based only off gut tbh) that more than half of the scum team would vote for cabsplint. So at the very most, 4 people voted for that pair.

blarg and kawl voting together as a pair makes sense concerning their predicament. But would scumbros want to put another full scumpair on that train, when things are looking pretty shaky already? If they do that, that means they put a total of two connected pairs on the cabsplinter side, whose death would flip town. I say scum might have wanted to split a pair up.

These are people whose final vote on cabsplinter was without their pair (and still alive).

Ty4on .2491
Giant Panda .2719
UltraJay .2744
Dusk Soldier .2768

Will post elite reads tomorrowish.

Ty4on

Scum's opinion of CoppaFlame - "no comment"
I wish I had the time to graph out their interactions with other pairs so I could see if two was an outlier.
Scum does try to interact in the games I've analysed post game, but it usually looks a little off.

The one weird thing is Flame voted for Blarg just after he claimed so you'd think there'd be more.
That vote though. I remember thinking they were probably town because of that in several read sessions, but it still stood a bit out. My summary back then was that it seemed weird for scum because it could have backfired and gotten Blawl lynched, but maybe they knew the low likelihood of that and that either way it could be a big boost to Flame. Still though, why put even more pressure on a power role.

Top Bottom