• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

El Topo

Two questions:
1) Is there any way to read a thread at GAF without having to switch pages? Maybe a browser extension that would allow this?
2) How long until the day is over? About 25 hours, right?

Burbeting

Banned
red_1457632800.png

Karkador

Banned
There's a bit more to note.

kingkitty - goes Blarg - partner Hyperactivity had a vote on Blarg already
gorlak - goes Splinter, then Blarg
kawl_usc - goes Splinter - partner Blarg also went Splinter
boo boo'n - goes Blarg - partner UltraJay switches vote to *Splinter
coppanuva - goes Splinter - partner Flame_AC switches to *Splinter
*splinter - goes Splinter then Blarg
magnumboy20xx - goes Blarg - partner batsnacks votes Blarg
el topo - goes Blarg - partner GiantPanda votes *Splinter after sitting on Gorlak
hobohodo - no vote

We can try to assume a few things about these votes.

1. Why did these players not have a vote on anyone? Blarg was at 14/15 votes, and had already dropped his 2 megaposts, and people had made their rebuttals. For the most part, what was going to be said was already said.

Some of these names line up with the general habit of inactivity they have - hobohodo has barely been active. Kingkitty pops in on occasion, and doesn't get wrapped up in the rapid pace of the thread. El Topo comes off a bit more cautious.

2. Many of these players are 1/2 of the other pair, and I wonder if (combined with inactivity), some of these votes are the other pair catching up. Presumably, ty4on will vouch for hobohodo. Kingkitty is associated with Hyperactivity's very early Blarg vote. Despite Giant Panda looking like he's attracted to voting Town, El Topo voted Blarg. Coppanuva seems to pull his partner Flame_AC to the *Splinter vote. On the other hand, Jay switches to *Splinter after Boo put his vote on Blarg.

3. Two on the list flipped Town, and both teams voted for Blarg (4 votes total), including the player who hammered. This tells me that while the Blarg vote probably had scum, it was not an all-out bus. There's scum on the *Splinter vote.

I am assuming that Topo is Town, because they convinced me that they were chat bombed. I'd also venture to say that Magnum and batsnacks made too goofy of a play to be considered mafia, but who knows. These are merely assumptions.

So we have these four patterns:

In these pairs of players (X, Y), five types of acts took place.

X voted Blarg, then Y joins them (Hyperactivity, Kingkitty) (batsnacks, Magnumboy)

X voted *Splinter, then Y joins them (Coppanuva, Flame_AC) (Blargonaut, Kawl_USC)

X voted *Splinter, then Y voted Blarg (Giant Panda, El Topo)

X voted Blarg, then Y voted *Splinter (Boo Boo'n, UltraJay)

X voted *Splinter, Y votes noone (ty4on, Hobohodo)

So the question is, what seems more suspicious to you?

Ty4on

That is quite interesting Kark. One thing to add is Flame and Coppa were very synced. Flame was uncertain at first, but from what I remember Coppa came out of nowhere and suddenly agreed with him. Both of our dead town pairs had some uncertainty with Flux voting Splinter two times and Time never letting go of his Blarg vote and Launch only flirting with an unvote unlike Gorlak who went all out.

Hobo has obviously been busy and was maybe also conflicted. I think I was the biggest proponent of lynching Splinter and I posted a couple of reasons why I thought that in the chat with a big disclaimer at the end that I was really biased. Hobo didn't have much of an opinion of them, but wanted to keep the trackers alive 1 am CET. His post #2760 was after that where he expressed doubt voting for Cabot and Splinter, then town read Flux and nothing until the turbo.
He has been active recently so I hope he posts again in this thread. I was very inactive at first because it felt much less threatening to voice opinions in the boat chat so I can understand why.

Ty4on

N2 I town read Hyper because of 1914. I'm obviously doubting now, but I'm interested what people think. Bussing makes sense, but it looks townie and Blarg was pissed at that reply (1922).

Burbeting

Banned
Hyperactivity has dropped out of the game. Effective Immediately.

Kingkitty continues alone, until a replacement has been found.

kingkitty

my partner hyperacitivity is gone

long live hyperactivity

the boat name will now change from hyperkitty to solokitty, effective immediately

I'll give batsnacks the benefit of the doubt for now that what he did was just another ill-advised gambit. I'm kind of reluctant to vote for an active pair while there are still so many players sneaking through without posting much. But the circumstances around the Blawl vote lead me to believe CoppaFlame is out best bet. Flame had the early vote on Blawl in reaction to Kark's counterclaim, which can be seen as an attempt to get an early bus going for townie cred. But then both Coppa and Flame vote Splintbot pretty late in the process, perhaps when it looks possible that they'll be able to save their partner.

Vote: Flame_ac

Burbeting

Banned
magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (2)
giant panda
el topo
tl21xx

coppanuva & flame_ac (7)
kyanrute
batsnacks
karkador
zippedpinhead
magnumboy20xx
camjo-z
giant panda

dusk soldier & karu (2)
boo boo'n
ultrajay

kingkitty & hyperactivity (1)
ty4on

hobohodo & ty4on (1)
kingkitty

11 Votes for Majority

Coppanuva

Sorry Jay, I gotta go with my D1 instincts here. I'm still going through Boo's posts (some work related issues came up, but I'm still cranking), I may remove this if I see enough there that convinces me otherwise though.

VOTE: UltraJay

Flame_AC

I'll give batsnacks the benefit of the doubt for now that what he did was just another ill-advised gambit. I'm kind of reluctant to vote for an active pair while there are still so many players sneaking through without posting much. But the circumstances around the Blawl vote lead me to believe CoppaFlame is out best bet. Flame had the early vote on Blawl in reaction to Kark's counterclaim, which can be seen as an attempt to get an early bus going for townie cred. But then both Coppa and Flame vote Splintbot pretty late in the process, perhaps when it looks possible that they'll be able to save their partner.

Vote: Flame_ac

Been horribly busy, but I've seen multiple bring this up.

I voted on Blarg/Kawl based on Kark's claim which I still fully believe. Once Kark decided to switch to Splinter, I attempted to get some assurances from both pairs, only slightly successfully though. Once I got these assurances and felt confident that there was a legitimate chance of flipping someone who I viewed as having very scum like behavior, then I switched. Coppa and I's posting together happened to link up on that day, and so he and I just happened to vote close together. I had been considering Splinter since the first rumblings of that as an idea cropped up.

I think that this lynch is going to be another major blow to town. Each day/night we've lost very active posters, and now you all are going to do the mafia's work for them and take out another fairly active voice. Just imagine what it'll be like tomorrow, assuming there's a kill. Pretty soon it's just going to be the inactives and the game's pace will slow to a crawl.

Ty4on

I voted on Blarg/Kawl based on Kark's claim which I still fully believe. Once Kark decided to switch to Splinter, I attempted to get some assurances from both pairs, only slightly successfully though. Once I got these assurances and felt confident that there was a legitimate chance of flipping someone who I viewed as having very scum like behavior, then I switched. Coppa and I's posting together happened to link up on that day, and so he and I just happened to vote close together. I had been considering Splinter since the first rumblings of that as an idea cropped up.

What were you discussing in the chat?

TL21xx

Banned
Read through the thread again, and I'm gonna have to back my partner up on this one. It's been beaten into the ground pretty well how sketch CoppaFlame look.

Vote: Flame_AC

Fake Edit: Wait, no chat? Still putting the vote on the table, but am willing to reconsider.

Coppanuva

Did any of you ever breadcrumb it?

I didn't. Personally I saw the lack of a chat with flame as something that you all would jump on us for.

Multiple people did point out that it seemed like we weren't communicating however. Though we did say we preferred to throw our ideas out here and post them, which is a bit of a hint there.

Coppanuva

So no chat ever... Seems a bit odd for a townie to keep that information to themselves. Why withhold?

I personally saw it as something that people would latch onto us and use against us. There's also the fact it tells scum something is up with us, and would make us a target there too. Not worth it.

Also it's kinda hard for me to know if flame wanted it out there or not given that we couldn't talk.

Coppanuva

So... They can't have a role because I don't understand how night actions would be submitted/agreed on without a private chat?

One of us has the option to deliver a command one night, the other has it deliver it the next. Kark and Zipped had the same thing.

Ty4on

karkendoor said that themselves
Doesn't sound like RNG to me.
Ok, as part of our chat bomb only one of us could submit our night action last night.

I had breadcrumbed here that I thought it was not a good idea to use our tracking last night (it is an X-shot and we don't have many left). It was a risk, but I had felt that we had no good leads at the time.

Karkador was the person gifted with the ability to put in our night action. He told me he was tempted to look at launch/Gorlak, batsnacks (because of the craziness at the end) and at Ty4on/hobo team. But he decided not to, it would be right to use one of our last shots without my input.

So there we go. I'm REALLy glad he didn't look at launch, I'll tell you that!

Burbeting

Banned
magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (1)
giant panda
el topo
tl21xx

coppanuva & flame_ac (8)
kyanrute
batsnacks
karkador
zippedpinhead
magnumboy20xx
camjo-z
giant panda
tl21xx

dusk soldier & karu (2)
boo boo'n
ultrajay

kingkitty & hyperactivity (1)
ty4on

hobohodo & ty4on (1)
kingkitty

ultrajay & boo boo'n (1)
coppanuva

11 Votes for Majority

batsnacks

Disregard me I forgot about that zipped post. So flame/coppa are the doctor I guess. :/

That would make me 3 for 3 in scumreading doctors in the last 2 games.

Top Bottom