• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

UltraJay

Ah, sorry about that. I've brushed aside his miller junk and the Time/Flux stuff and haven't given it much thought since then.

Yeah. Uh huh. Or you have always known Blawl to be scum and never paid the miller claim any mind.

At the same time, I'm not so sure about following another Kark lynchtrain to another townie death. It really seems like Kark was able to be "confirmed" and can now lead town to lynch after lynch and any mistakes are "forgiven". If Kark is scum, we are in deep shit. Duck, I followed him to *Splinter (Boo wanted Blawl) and now he's using that to condemn both me and Boo!

Both of his tracking results are easily faked. Night 3 they just so happened to not track anybody. Yeah, okay. We need a tracking result that actually gives us information. The fact that you thought you were so untouchable as to not deliver a result is not gelling with me. The only alternative I can think of is that town Kark tracked the doctor and they are pretty sure they are the doctor. Not very likely though. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn't want to waste your last x-shot but you need to do something tonight. It just seems the longer we keep you alive the more townies you end up lynching.

Scum want me and Boo lynched. We have been top lynch candidates from the start and a night kill would be a waste when we are always so close to being lynched. We also claimed ordinary so they would rather not. Launch had actually breadcrumbed a role somewhat possibly to drive scum off the trail.

I will say it right now. Scum will either lead our lynch or be among the voters who lynched us.

All this is also why I'm not going to ducking do what you say anymore, Kark. I know Karu can be a sneaky scum and both him and Dusk have been skeezing me out lately. It's like they think they can be low-activity and are invincible.

Vote: Karu

Oh, by the way, I will be voting myself again. If me and Boo getting lynched will actually get you guys to actually start looking at scum.

I actually see Topo, Ty4on as town based on how they have reacted to us and our comfirmed tracking result. KingHyper is lying low and I don't really like anything they post.

Camjo-Z

I'm not so sure about following another Kark lynchtrain to another townie death. It really seems like Kark was able to be "confirmed" and can now lead town to lynch after lynch and any mistakes are "forgiven". If Kark is scum, we are in deep shit. Duck, I followed him to *Splinter (Boo wanted Blawl) and now he's using that to condemn both me and Boo!

Oh, by the way, I will be voting myself again. If me and Boo getting lynched will actually get you guys to actually start looking at scum.

Not sure where this "Kark lead us to lynch a townie!!" narrative is coming from. Nobody forced you or Boo Boo'n to vote Flux (or Splinter on D2), and most (if not all?) of the other votes were from people who did it based on his consistently unhelpful and WIFOM-y behavior the entire game.

Regardless, on both D2 and D3 Kark and Zipped were major proponents of someone's lynch but got cold feet near the end of the day and switched to somebody else, so anyone making sheep votes based solely on their early/midday thoughts should stop while they're behind.

Also: reminder that "woe is me" self-voting only helps maf.

Karu

If Kark was scum, surely by now the real town tracker would've shown up, no? Can't imagine we don't have one.
Kark being scum means...

1.) There is no town tracker
2.) UltraJay is probably either also scum or... Kark guessed he has no role/didn't move?
3.) Building on that...he is not a tracker, because I don't believe there are two scum trackers

On the outset I would love Kark to be scum, because... why the hell not? But it makes no sense to me at this point.

Ty4on

Kark being scum means...

1.) There is no town tracker
2.) UltraJay is probably either also scum or... Kark guessed he has no role/didn't move?
3.) Building on that...he is not a tracker, because I don't believe there are two scum trackers

On the outset I would love Kark to be scum, because... why the hell not? But it makes no sense to me at this point.

On 2), if Kark is scum it makes no sense for Blawl to have targeted Kark so their target was either Cabinter (hence the kill) or UltraJay.

Karu

On 2), if Kark is scum it makes no sense for Blawl to have targeted Kark so their target was either Cabinter (hence the kill) or UltraJay.
Shit, of course, true. Very true, indeed.

How likely is it to have a scum, but not a town tracker in this game? I would still guess... rather low, no? No idea/experience about game balancing, though.

Karkador

Banned
At the same time, I'm not so sure about following another Kark lynchtrain to another townie death. It really seems like Kark was able to be "confirmed" and can now lead town to lynch after lynch and any mistakes are "forgiven". If Kark is scum, we are in deep shit. Duck, I followed him to *Splinter (Boo wanted Blawl) and now he's using that to condemn both me and Boo!

What are you talking about? I didn't lead you anywhere.

Day 2:

Vote: Blargonaut

I knew that there wouldn't be big twists to suddenly make town change their minds in that mega-post, but I thought it would at least be entertaining.

The 1-to-1 trade for scum is still our best bet. Blarg's alternative involves too many ifs and adds days of having to deal with this forking conflict.

Kark, you are looking way too deep into me not wanting to turbo Blarg. We wanted our thoughts known and it got me on the board that'll be visible when going back through all these posts. Now? I don't care. I want this day done.

Still think you should have targeted someone else Blarg. Though I am glad that whoever was responsible for the no-kill night - if beneficial - has kept quiet during this whole crappy day. If it was a doctor that targeted Blarg, they could have cleared this up. Either to protect their role while sacrificing Blarg, or because Blarg actually isn't town at all and there was no doctor.

A doctor saving Blarg made sense at the beginning of the day, but less so now. Blarg's flip can give us information about what happened last night without revealing the identity of a town PR.

Oh good, the pressure's gone from me now.

VOTE: Blargonaut.

Gonna go with what I should've stuck with on day one.

Can we really get information from both tracker teams? One may be dead tomorrow and if that's the case we'd go after the other. But if they were both town? We just played into mafia's hands and got dealt a pretty devastating blow. Hopfully the other power roles do a great job and we end up with both alive with results - fake or not.

Blarg's reaction to Kark's suggestion strikes me as town, though. He's like, "What? Really?" instead of jumping to somebody else. It could be because *Cabot is a fellow scum team or because Blarg is town. I guess we'll revisit that based on what happens tonight.

Vote:*Splinter

Day 3:

For now I'm willing to give El Topo's team the benefit of doubt regarding the conversation bomb thing, considering Topo's leaning on the stupid Splinter/Cabot thing yesterday.

I don't really have a gun of accusation to put on right now outside of Launch, but at the end of the day it seems like a wasted vote so early.

I'm gonna back my partner on a vote for now.

VOTE: FluxWaveZ

I'll stick with my partner on this one then.

This vote doesn't feel right though.

Vote: FluxWaveZ

"I'll vote with my partner", "The pressure is gone from me now", "Blarg is probaby Town, though" - that's you taking my word for it?

UltraJay

Town followed. I followed town.

Frankly, it would really suck if you were scum. It would be awesome if you caught another scum again. You're not doing so hot on lynches based on your reads without investigation info though.

There should be other town PRs. They managed to stay low this whole time without claiming or getting caught (that we know of). That is a huge boon to town. If there was another tracker, they haven't spoke up. Another investigative role should have spoken up as well by now. Honestly if you were scum you could have just lied and said that we visited you with the chat bomb. Nobody has been chat bombed today right? Scum could be playing it safe.

Scum must have accomplished their goal. This thread is moving pretty slow now. It may be just my Australianness though.

Kyanrute

The recent observations in addition to the things of the past are enough to make Coppaflame leap to the front of my scum list. Ultraboo would seem like a good alternative if the need arises. Dusk and Karu hmmm, yeah, still think it is possible that they are the low-laying scum. Let's go with this for now though.

VOTE: Coppanuva

Camjo-Z

Town followed. I followed town.

Purely going by the numbers, there had to have been townies on both the Blarg and Splinter wagons, and you outlined your reasons for voting Splinter D2 in the quote right there in Kark's above post. There's no need to try and act like you were just going along with the crowd. You know, like you did on D3, where you made a late-day vote, claimed you were simply sheeping your partner's vote, and added that "this vote doesn't feel right"... even though you were initially the third person to vote Flux earlier that day and Boo Boo'n was originally sheeping your vote.

Burbeting

Banned
Hopefully fixed and up-to-date votecount :).

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (3)
giant panda
el topo
tl21xx

coppanuva & flame_ac (6)
batsnacks
karkador
zippedpinhead
magnumboy20xx
camjo-z
kyanrute

dusk soldier & karu (2)
boo boo'n
ultrajay

11 Votes for Majority

Karkador

Banned
Those who have not voted:

1. [m] Kingkitty & [m] Hyperactivity

7. [m] Coppanuva & [m] Flame_AC

11. [m] Rest [m] Dusk Soldier & [m] Karu
12. [m] Kyanrute NEW & [m] Retroid Retroid hasn't voted

15. [m] hobohodo & [m] Ty4on

Warxard

Banned
Purely going by the numbers, there had to have been townies on both the Blarg and Splinter wagons, and you outlined your reasons for voting Splinter D2 in the quote right there in Kark's above post. There's no need to try and act like you were just going along with the crowd. You know, like you did on D3, where you made a late-day vote, claimed you were simply sheeping your partner's vote, and added that "this vote doesn't feel right"... even though you were initially the third person to vote Flux earlier that day and Boo Boo'n was originally sheeping your vote.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't sheep Jay's Splinter vote last time. I even mentioned that voting those two would be a fucking stupid move.

Considering the shit flux/Time had on them yesterday do you blame us on putting our votes together? End of the day, stupid town players were axed albeit much later rather than earlier.

Hell Jay even disagreed with my vote on launch yesterday. So far we're both fuckups in regards to who we place our votes on, evenly.

And THAT, homie, is true love.

Retroid

I think it's interesting how this is probably the most obvious outcome based on read lists for a lynch. Particularly because we have completely glossed over any discussion on Magnum/bat.

UltraJay

I'm really not too impressed with this attempt to draw heat away from CoppaFlame, Jay

That really feels like you are setting us as Coppa's buddies if they flip scum.

Karkador said:
If I back off on the implication that you're mafia, will you vote for Coppa?

Man, dude. Thought you said you didn't lead anybody.

I was never trying to draw heat away from them. Hell, this is the best case you've made since Blawl. Better than *Cabot at least. Look, if it comes down to the wire, I'll vote Coppa. Even though batmagnum and karusoldier both lying low should not be ignored.

I'll vote on Coppa to prevent a tie or other shenanigans, but you guys probably have got it especially since there are still a bunch of votes out there? We've got 20 votes amongst all of us, right?

Ty4on

Any thoughts on what this was?

I am not willing to take the risk of a miller. This can only be bad for town unless you can get verified by a bunch of different people. Even then, I don't want you to make it far.

Could you talk about your role a bit, the tracking part specifically?

Blawl never really answered the tracking question.

Warxard

Banned
If I back off on the implication that you're mafia, will you vote for Coppa?

Dude they barely have the lead and there's eleven other people who haven't voted. in not opposed to the idea of voting on them but until I hear from Dusk and Karu, I won't leave this vote.

kingkitty

alright going to reskim the thread again to give my feel on who i think should be slaughtered. will post my thoughts from those skimmings within 6-8ish hours.

other minor thoughts,

-interesting friction between boojay and kark, doesn't seem like two scum pairs pretending to collide in order to hide collusion.
-dusk has made what seemed like townish mistakes for the past few day phases, not sure if i could support a lynch against that squad.
-magnumbats last minutemove...why risk as scum? seems peculiar. no need to rock the boat whatsoever. don't see the bold plan here.

Ty4on

[...]
You and Zip claimed that you had business with Blawg/Kawl, I assumed you were a cop and checked Blarg and got scum and that you were gonna post your results and just hope a doctor saved you.
[...]

You didn't. So what did you assume?

Ty4on

I disagree with your assertion that my posts look like "filler". But you're free to believe what you want.
What do you really think? Analysis is great and all, but we kinda have to lynch scum now and are inching towards a Flame Coppa lynch. So what do you think about them?

kingkitty

What do you really think? Analysis is great and all, but we kinda have to lynch scum now and are inching towards a Flame Coppa lynch. So what do you think about them?

if you read my post on this very page, i specifically said i was re-reading this thread to give my thoughts on who should die today. i will have a hot take on flame coppa.

Coppanuva

Make way fellas bout to lay some bombs.

Stage 1 Jammin' Jungle:

Blawl, where do you get the millers part from? Does your role PM actually state "Millers" like, where it describes what your role is like related to traditional mafia roles? In Nightvale I was described as a "Serial Killer/Vigilante". Or are you assuming this based on your role name? You said that it would "make sense" that your role would be millers based on the name. Does the role PM state anything about alignment cops being present in the game? Like "you appear as Loveless" or whatever? This is stuff that won't reveal your name but back up your claim. Otherwise you haven't given us shi- ...schnitzel.

I've played with Ty4on and Coppa, both are looking to be playing the same way as before, when they were both town. I don't know scum Coppa, but he is throwing his vote around like in Nightvale. However, he could have realized this after other games and is now trying to look town and keep his vote fluid.

These are good points. Confirming both Flume and Blawl isn't going to do much of anything if the poop gets all fudged up. Use your powers outside of what mafia thinks is going to happen. If you guys are town then make use of your powers before scum decides to take you out.

This really makes me think Jay had some notion of the idea of powers being limited before it was brought up. The only roles we've seen so far here have been X-shots (with the exception of the uncontrolled Sleepwalker, granted they're both X-shot trackers). If it's not that, it could very well be scum trying to up the chance of Blawl's track hitting something useful. It's extremely likely Scum saw Blawl as a timed loss. Given that Blawl's power would easily help them out PRs, naturally they'd want to increase their chances of hitting a PR while they can.

Towards the end of D1 Jay and Boo were our leading candidates on a vote. After Flux pointed out that it always seemed to be Tim pushing the votes, Jay finally pushed into action, claiming he'd been suspicious of them all along!

I've had my eye on both CzarTim and Kingkitty since they always tried to defend themselves IMMEDIATELY and threw votes on us afterwards.

Hyper had the decency to not vote on the Boo Jay train until there was a tie with himself in danger.

After the votes went off him from everyone else, Jay joined in despite never building a case himself. I don't believe Jay actually had points against Tim, I think he just wanted a clear way to push his vote around. Scum needs to make the votes at the end of the day mobile so they can push numbers around if needed.

Finally, Jay throws out some advise to not push Blawl to track a specific pair. They should be open to track whoever they want! After all, he knows Blawl doesn't want to be held to who they track publicly, in case they get caught visiting someone else:

Whoa whoa lover. Don't let scum know where to look. Let Blawl track whoever the duck they want and let's not tell Mafia everything we're going to do tonight as town, k?

STAGE 2 Vexin' Volcano

If either role claim didn't actually use their supposed roles and they fess up to that, why would we even trust their claim and keep them alive?

This is about Blawl and Timeaisis on D2. Yes indeed, why wouldn't we immediately kill someone without a power? One thing that's important to keep in mind for these next few posts: Scum knew Kark had a power during the beginning of D2. They knew Kark visited Blawl, but not what it was. Keep that in mind when the following messages occur:

Jay throwing shade on Zipped for bringing up the idea that scum purposefully no lynched:
How often is that a good strategy for mafia? Getting kills is the only way they win. Hmm... Now why would they do that? To legitimize a scum member's claim, perhaps?

Suggesting the scum team didn't kill is a scum move for me.

Obviously scum would be trying to sow distrust on a town PR before they claim. Jay likely saw this chance and ran with it.

Not buying it. But also not voting on Blarg mainly because I want to see that epic breakdown post.

Well, would this work?

Unvote

"Hey guys! I'm so against Blarg I'm going to put a vote here then immediately move it. But I'm still against him trust me!"

Eventually he votes Blarg... only to unvote him by the end of the day. Real committed there buddy ;).

Stage 3 Slammin' Sea

I've had the night to think about it, and that last play from Kark was pretty weird. The one thing we shouldn't do is assume is that Kark is town simply by elimination. He has all the reason to eliminate Blawl since the most likely outcome was Blawl being a lying scum, but instead he works with them to try to take down Splabot based simply on posts by Splinter at the end of the day. He could have went for a turbo but didn't and instead opted for end-of-day craziness.

I think Kark is Loveless.

A Blawl bus would have achieved a lot for the scum team:

1. A scum member is "proven" town.
2. Could potentially bait the doctor (if there is one) to protect the confirmed "townie". With their target basically known, the scum team could use thier abilities to suss out their identity.
3. Using the end of day to throw shade on a town player - one that was active - to get a potential doctor save, etc. off of them. This, along with baiting the doctor to a target, allows them to kill a town player freely and prevent N1 from happening again.

Vote: Karkador

...He spent half of D2 arguing that Blawl was an obvious scum target because Kark is so much more obviously Town. The second D3 starts he JUMPS ON KARK? Trying to drive an early lynch over there?

And his vote is another non-commital one:
I'll stick with my partner on this one then.

This vote doesn't feel right though.

Vote: FluxWaveZ

"Hey guys I'm obviously town cause I'm just going with my partner even though I disagree!"

UltraJay

You couldn't possibly be hinting at the ability to "bomb" people would you? Cuz that'd be dumb.

This really makes me think Jay had some notion of the idea of powers being limited before it was brought up.

Uh, no. That was because they claimed and if they were town, that makes them a target that's only going to live for so long.

Finally, Jay throws out some advise to not push Blawl to track a specific pair. They should be open to track whoever they want! After all, he knows Blawl doesn't want to be held to who they track publicly, in case they get caught visiting someone else:

Not even the first person to suggest Blawl and TimeZ to target different people so scum wouldn't know town's plans. I believe that was *Cabot. Can't believe you are turning "not wanting to give mafia information" into a #scumtell.

"Hey guys! I'm so against Blarg I'm going to put a vote here then immediately move it. But I'm still against him trust me!"

Eventually he votes Blarg... only to unvote him by the end of the day. Real committed there buddy ;).

This again? Didn't want to turbo. Boo had his vote on him so we were good. Wanted to see the meltdown and then voted afterwards.

*Cabot was a mistake, but I wasn't the only one to vote on them. Why's Ty4on and the others get a pass on this? I seriously doubt that only mafia is splitting votes.

...He spent half of D2 arguing that Blawl was an obvious scum target because Kark is so much more obviously Town. The second D3 starts he JUMPS ON KARK? Trying to drive an early lynch over there?

Flux did as well. They were just the scummiest right? Remember when they flipped scum?

I wanted my theory out there because I didn't want town to just up and think Kark was now 100% confirmed town -- because he's not. I unvoted after information of the tracking target and the chat bomb came up. Kark -- as scum -- could have easily mentioned that they saw us visit *Cabot for the kill or them with the chat bomb, but they told the truth. We didn't go anywhere.

On an unrelated note I believe that the chat bomber made the kill last night, hence the different flavour text. That would also explain no chat bomb.

And his vote is another non-commital one:

"Hey guys I'm obviously town cause I'm just going with my partner even though I disagree!"

Still think I should have stayed on Karu but I didn't want a tie or other shenanigans to take place. Outside of batsnacks weirdness, none did. I decided to go with town consensus.

This really sounds like you are trying to climb your way out of a vote hole. Votes start piling up and after I type something that puts heat on me you write my scum synopsis. About just me. No scummy actions from Boo there for some reason. I even defended your votes on D1 and such as that's how you usually play. It was how you rolled in Nightvale.

You haven't even addressed the accusations against you or at least defended Flame. Feeling a little invincible, are you?

Coppanuva

I'm not following how ultrajay is implying powers may be limited in stage 1, if you could clarify. Stage 2 and 3 are solid.

Mainly this:

"Use your powers outside of what mafia thinks is going to happen. If you guys are town then make use of your powers before scum decides to take you out."

It doesn't read to me like a typical "use your power as you see fit" line. This is almost like him saying "Yeah you guys should use your powers while you can before it's too late", which suggests to me that he believed powers are limited. There's a big difference between "Use powers at your discretion", and "Hurry and use them while you guys can! Don't let your uses go to waste!", and this seems like it's an attempt to use fear to convince townies with PRs to activate N1. I believe this was a deliberate strategy by scum so they could maximize the chance that Blawl would find a PR.

It admittedly isn't super obvious, but the way it's worded makes it seem more like it's trying to strike fear into people's minds than anything.

Coppanuva

You couldn't possibly be hinting at the ability to "bomb" people would you? Cuz that'd be dumb.

Going to address a few things on this first:

1) No, it was a bad bomberman joke (my avatar is the US coverart of Mega Bomberman, the 3 "stages" in my post were the first 3 worlds in that game, and they link to OST sa,ples from it. It's a joke and me having fun, sorry I forgot this game is all about srsness, I'll make sure I don't have any more fun the rest of the game).

2) The timing of my post has a lot more to do with this being the first time this phase I actually had time to sit down and look at people deeply. You ended up being first on my list (admittedly at least partially since I had kept my vote on you D1 and I wanted to revisit it). Furthermore, the lack of Boo Boo'n in this post is the same thing. I didn't have time to go through his posts yet and look at them in detail. I believe that reads this game need to take both people into account as individuals. I think looking at them as a whole is a bad way to out scum because it's going to let scum slide under the bus if we ignore more obvious targets due to half the pair being a stronger player (I'm not referring to you or anyone in particular here, I'm just wary that we'll let scum slide by through making a judgement based on the sum of the parts rather than the parts themselves).

Going to look more at your responses to my points in a bit and I'll reply to those before I sleep.

UltraJay

Mainly this:

"Use your powers outside of what mafia thinks is going to happen. If you guys are town then make use of your powers before scum decides to take you out."

It doesn't read to me like a typical "use your power as you see fit" line. This is almost like him saying "Yeah you guys should use your powers while you can before it's too late", which suggests to me that he believed powers are limited. There's a big difference between "Use powers at your discretion", and "Hurry and use them while you guys can! Don't let your uses go to waste!", and this seems like it's an attempt to use fear to convince townies with PRs to activate N1. I believe this was a deliberate strategy by scum so they could maximize the chance that Blawl would find a PR.

It admittedly isn't super obvious, but the way it's worded makes it seem more like it's trying to strike fear into people's minds than anything.

oprah-shakng-her-head.gif

I wasn't talking about all of town. I was speaking directly to TimeZ and Blawl. They had claimed Day 1 making them prime targets for scum. In no way did other PRs come up, they weren't in danger. But the thought at the time was that we had two town PRs with good investigative roles and because of the early claims they were now on borrowed time.

I really don't see how that is "Everyone use their abilities NOW NOW NOW."

It was specifically addressing Flux and Blawl both targeting each other and letting mafia know that that was exactly going to happen. If Blawl and Flux were both town then mafia was free to "fudge things up" if they had a switcher or whatever.

Judging now that Flux was ordinary and Blawl was scum, that move was a stupid one (and Blawl wouldn't have done it anyways and just lied about their result).

UltraJay

I find it intriguing that in an earlier day Kark was discussing why "bomb" was being used to describe the chat bomb and there is a person with a Bomberman avatar in this game. Granted people usually pick avatars to fit the theme of a game usually before they even get a role.

TL21xx

Banned
Whoa, did I miss something... Sorry about not being in the thread earlier, it's been a hectic couple of days over here. I'm gonna need to sleep on this, so I will be back in the morning with thoughts on the past couple of days.

Coppanuva

Uh, no. That was because they claimed and if they were town, that makes them a target that's only going to live for so long.

Not even the first person to suggest Blawl and TimeZ to target different people so scum wouldn't know town's plans. I believe that was *Cabot. Can't believe you are turning "not wanting to give mafia information" into a #scumtell.

See, the key thing here to me is how you said it. Yes the obvious play there is to not be super telegraphed, especially when scum has 2 good targets available. But they're both smart players, why you felt the need to warn people "Do what you want!" isn't quite as clear to me.

This again? Didn't want to turbo. Boo had his vote on him so we were good. Wanted to see the meltdown and then voted afterwards.

*Cabot was a mistake, but I wasn't the only one to vote on them. Why's Ty4on and the others get a pass on this? I seriously doubt that only mafia is splitting votes.

I'm not giving anyone a pass. Giving people a pass isn't how you win Mafia. This is a post addressing you, someone I voted on D1. If your defense is solely "I'm not the only person who did that!" it's not a very strong one.

Let me ask you something here though, what's your opinion on a pair splitting their vote? Is that fishy or not?

I wanted my theory out there because I didn't want town to just up and think Kark was now 100% confirmed town -- because he's not. I unvoted after information of the tracking target and the chat bomb came up. Kark -- as scum -- could have easily mentioned that they saw us visit *Cabot for the kill or them with the chat bomb, but they told the truth. We didn't go anywhere.

No, Kark couldn't have. Yes they could have CLAIMED you visited Cabot for the kill, or visited them with the chat bomb, but any lie like that is EXTREMELY OBVIOUS when you flip, unless you have an ability that could actually do either of those. Keep in mind, inaction is not proof of alignment. You could very easily have chosen not to act that night, and instead have had the kill be submitted by other scum. If I recall correctly KarkedUp hinted at who they were planning to track that night, it's not out of the question that you guessed that.

Still think I should have stayed on Karu but I didn't want a tie or other shenanigans to take place. Outside of batsnacks weirdness, none did. I decided to go with town consensus.

You haven't even addressed the accusations against you or at least defended Flame. Feeling a little invincible, are you?

Fair point on Karu, you probably should have. I don't buy "I was just following the consensus of the majority!" as a valid defense here at all. It's too safe, and it shows you're too scared to stand out with your opinions, and that is not towny behavior.

As for the second part, I'm not interested in playing defense. I'm here to find scum, and while my time is limited I'd prefer to focus my efforts on that, not defending myself. Arguing why I shouldn't die isn't going to get us any closer to finding scum, arguing why someone else is a better choice will. If, however, you have any questions for me specifically, I'll certainly answer them.

Also, because this is an outlier in the above section (and I'm curious on it and would like to hear more):

On an unrelated note I believe that the chat bomber made the kill last night, hence the different flavour text. That would also explain no chat bomb.

I'm curious about this. Why do you think the chat bomber, a role which has so far shown no destructive tendencies at all, was able to kill last night?

kingkitty

kyanrtroid

Kyan on Day 1 gives Klarg a neutral read. Throws shade at (me), ultraboo, tl21xx, el panda. There seems to be quite a bit of friction between Kyandroid and Boojay. Might feel better for one of them if the other flipped scum. Day 2, Kyan suggests to Klarg to keep their investigate result (which was karkendoor) secret as to avoid exposing a town PR. Also suggests that Klarg is still "unconfirmed" if they can't release a result.
After Klarg is exposed, Kyan suggests the idea that somehow scum is trying to counterclaim Klarg's threat through a bold play by scumKark. Not sure if scum would bother spinning such a possibility. Safer route would be to cut their loses and bus Klarg after getting effectively counterclaimed. Eventually votes for Klarg, with majority already against them, and no credible alternative lynch candidate had appeared. When Cabsplinter arose as an alternative candidate, Kyan did write up possible justifications for why they should die. However Kyan kept his vote on Klarg. Retroid went for a no-lynch on Day 1. Gutsy move if scum, brings upon a lot of attention. Especially gutsy on a Day 1 where there's already a scum pair attracting a lot of attention, putting their neck on the line. On Day 1, was against lynching any of the claimed partners, including Klarg. Eventually decides to vote for Boojay. Day 2 asks timeflux to hold off any potential investigative results. If retroid is scum, he might've wanted to hold off a potential cop from revealing Klarg's name as long as possible. But from a townie standpoint it makes some sense to ask that of a cop as well. Unsure but would lean town if boojay flips scum.

coppa flame

I actually gave a pretty recent read on them during Day 3. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=197306468&postcount=3229

At that point I leaned nullish on them. Although what's interesting is Coppa's quick vote on fluxwave's claim. His reasoning (which had issues with the early claim, the logic of it) was basicially echoed by AC a min later. But AC doesn't put down a vote of his own towards timeflux. Instead he votes for Klarg after their own role claim. Dunno why AC didn't follow Coppa's lead voting for fluxtime, considering they showed the same reasoning. One simple reason could be that they didn't want to give too much pressure on flux. Or maybe scum AC knew that Klarg was revving up for their bold reveal, and wanted to wait in order to make a townish looking vote against that pair. A vote that would be balanced out by the Coppa vote on timeflux. Coppa never chose to follow AC's lead by voting on Klarg.

What gives me slight pause is AC's initial language against Klarg .Which was pretty strong and anti-miller, and how millers shouldn't live long in this game. Seems a little too harsh if he's scum. Although near the end of Day 1, he later softened that language, saying that if Klarg could be verified (perhaps by fluxtime), they would be okay. Considering how much work Klarg went into spinning their "Best Friends" name into a non-scum explanation, I suppose if ACFlame were scum, they felt this could be an opportunity to give Klarg a free pass.

Don't dig their combined vote against cabsplinter on Day 2. But I have to wonder how okay scum is having both members of the pair stuck on the alternative candidate to their scumbro Klarg. I guess from a scum perspective, they felt momentum and was willing to push for a reversal of fortunes, even if it required two members of the same pair. Interestingly during Day 1, AC was pretty adamant that unconfirmed millers should be squashed (unless verified). This was the opportunity to take out an unconfirmed miller. But a different path was taken. I feel less okay giving them a nullish read, so they're put in the suspicious pile for now.

TyphoonHobodobod

I've also given a recent read on this pair which could be found in that same link above. From when I wrote that to now, my feelings towards their potential death didn't change much. I still see them as suspicious. Also, not okay that Typhoon was one of the early voters against Cabsplinter. And never even put a vote on Klarg, instead putting an earlier vote on Karkendoor. Although if ACCoppa flipped scum, I might be less willing to see Typhoonhobo die in a blaze of glory. Since that would mean 4 scum (blarg, kawl, coppa, ac) voted for cabslinter. I don't see scum (assuming the max here is 8 people) putting more than half of their dudes on that side. Seems like putting too much eggs in one basket at that point. Also if Typhoon flipped scum, I might be a little less willing to see flamecoppa annihilated. Because if flamecoppa was scum, that would mean at least 5 scum voted for cabsplinter (blarg, kawl, flame, coppa, and typhoon). That's 5 out of 8 potential scum putting their eggs in a troubled basket, I dunno about that.

vote: ty4on

fine with a AC Coppa death as well. gonna go take an 8 hour nap.

Ty4on

Those reads don't make me read you as town, kitty. If you lynch me (if we have three scum remaining) town is in lylo when I flip town and you've learned nothing because I didn't flip scum. Same thing if you lynch Flame and Coppa and they flip town.

They're also reductive as if scum team is a robot with X votes on this person and Y votes on this. Scums job is to look townie and by night killing Cabinter they might have had everyone voting Blawl and wanted to put suspicion on those who voted Cabinter.

You've also analyzed my vote weirdly. It wasn't just an "early" vote, it was before Cabinter was under any sort of pressure and even before Splinter's joke vote. When I put it there it wasn't to immediately lynch them, that happened afterwards with this post where I wanted to rally people to vote for them.

What bothers me the most is the lack urgency in your post. We're one or two mislynches away from lylo and have to get scum today. Why the vague "I'm ok with lynching this or that pair" as if it's D1?

kingkitty

They're also reductive as if scum team is a robot with X votes on this person and Y votes on this. Scums job is to look townie and by night killing Cabinter they might have had everyone voting Blawl and wanted to put suspicion on those who voted Cabinter.

so you believe there's no living scum left who voted for cabiner?

What bothers me the most is the lack urgency in your post. We're one or two mislynches away from lylo and have to get scum today. Why the vague "I'm ok with lynching this or that pair" as if it's D1?

If that's the thing that bothers you the most, I don't know what to tell you. I have at this point, more than one pair on my suspicious list. And I'm okay with either pair dying.

Ty4on

[...]

Am I the only one getting déjà vu?

Not only is it really long and needed a lot of planning, but I'm not seeing anything terribly convincing.
The first claim about knowing the x-shottedness is really vague and with Kark claiming they didn't move they're either ninjas, Karkhead is scum (which I doubt) or we have three scum remaning and and BooJay were lucky enough to be the stationary ones. If the latter one I want to be really sure BooJay are scum because the odds are in their favour.

It's also common knowledge that Bomberman Hero had the best soundtrack.

Ty4on

so you believe there's no living scum left who voted for cabiner?

I think neither. There could be scum voting for them, they could have thought it would make them look bad and stuck with Blawl. The latter is supported by their night kill.

I never really look at votes though. I feel they're too WIFOM and focus instead on the motives and general behaviour of people. Town would have tried to find scum that night and that's why I've focused on Camjo whose actions I don't feel were genuine. He conversed a lot with Blawl, but unlike say GorLaunch never really doubted his opinion.

Karkador

Banned
I'm not finding the threat of LyLo that bad, to be honest.

(for the newbie viewers at home, 'LyLo' means that we'd be at a point in the game where, if we don't correctly vote for a mafia player, Town loses)

If there are 4 mafia, we will be at LyLo tomorrow, Day 5 (unless we get another save at night).
If there are 3 mafia, we'll be at LyLo on Day 6.

Personally, I'm playing it safe and playing as if it's 4 mafia. The only trouble with that is this logical deduction with our Tracker role (BooJay's tracker result looks good or bad, depending on the # of mafia).

Even then, if we mislynch today, we cross two more names off the list of potentials - and I do believe we are close to zeroing in. If we don't get it today, I think we're going to get it tomorrow. LyLo be damned. I'm not exactly afraid of it, thanks to the Blarg/Splinter vote dichotomy.

Ty4on

The unthinkable happened, we lynch Cabot and Splinter on D2. Would that have been a huge boon to scum? They get another tracking result, but I still think they would have been lynched D3. Is it worth it for scum to risk of voting Cabot and Splinter for that extra tracking and possible Kark lynch (if he is town)? Is it perhaps more valuable to be able to say "gotcha" when Cabinter flip town?

The one thing that's given me pause is that you seem pretty alone in trying to defend yourself. I mean, nobody has really debated this seriously. At all. Besides you.

Either that means mafia is doing a really good job of hiding (and under your direction, they could. Just tell them "I got this" and let them hang back.
Maybe Splinter is even your cohort, who knows.

Or, you really are alone, and trying your hardest to shake these claims.
And I'm telling you, they're true. We really are town trackers. And I'm afraid you might be, too, because maybe this game really is just fucked.

Ty4on

Personally, I'm playing it safe and playing as if it's 4 mafia. The only trouble with that is this logical deduction with our Tracker role (BooJay's tracker result looks good or bad, depending on the # of mafia).

Even then, if we mislynch today, we cross two more names off the list of potentials - and I do believe we are close to zeroing in. If we don't get it today, I think we're going to get it tomorrow. LyLo be damned. I'm not exactly afraid of it, thanks to the Blarg/Splinter vote dichotomy.
First off if we have four scum total then the tracker result still looks decent for BooJay because they have to have been the one idle scum. That's why I'm hesitant.

Secondly, maybe. Coppa and Flame are looking more and more like the obvious scum. They've just done a surprisingly poor job staying out of the spotlight. Then again the weird behaviour is what made me doubt Blawl was scum.

Karkador

Banned
The unthinkable happened, we lynch Cabot and Splinter on D2. Would that have been a huge boon to scum? They get another tracking result, but I still think they would have been lynched D3. Is it worth it for scum to risk of voting Cabot and Splinter for that extra tracking and possible Kark lynch (if he is town)? Is it perhaps more valuable to be able to say "gotcha" when Cabinter flip town?

Let's look at the list right before I turned the tide onto Splinter, then

el topo & giant panda (0)
cabot
cabot

launchpadmcq & gorlak (1)
giant panda
ultrajay
coppanuva

kingkitty & hyperactivity (0)
cabot

timeaisis & fluxwavez (1)
gorlak
coppanuva
blargonaut
fluxwavez
camjo-z
blargonaut
tl21xx
blargonaut

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (0)
flame_ac
ty4on

*splinter & cabot (1)
launchpadmcq
ty4on

blargonaut & kawl_usc (14)
karkador
zippedpinhead
flame_ac
hyperactivity
*splinter
timeaisis
camjo-z
tl21xx
launchpadmcq
kyanrute
ultrajay
retroid
fluxwavez
ultrajay
camjo-z
fluxwavez
batsnacks
cabot

hobohodo & ty4on (0)
cabot
cabot
cabot
fluxwavez

coppanuva & flame_ac (1)
dusk soldier

karkador & zippedpinhead (1)
gorlak
ty4on
blargonaut
karu

15 Votes Needed for Majority

There were 19 active votes out of a total of 28 potential votes. Who didn't have a vote on someone at this point?

kingkitty - no previous vote
gorlak dead
kawl_usc dead - no previous vote
boo boo'n - no previous vote
coppanuva
*splinter dead
magnumboy20xx - no previous vote
el topo - no previous vote
hobohodo - no previous vote

correct me if I've made any errors here.

Ty4on

And of those:
kingkitty - goes Blarg
gorlak - goes Splinter, then Blarg
kawl_usc - goes Splinter
boo boo'n - goes Blarg
coppanuva - goes Splinter
*splinter - goes Splinter then Blarg
magnumboy20xx - goes Blarg
el topo - goes Blarg
hobohodo - no vote

Bold if town, underlined scum. Not much to make off of this as Kawl and Splinter's votes are kind of useless, but Coppa is the only one alive ending with Splinter.

Top Bottom