• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Coppanuva

Apologies if this is common knowledge, but I've never played a game where a neutral can meet their win condition before town and still joint-win. Can anyone else confirm this?

I worded this poorly. I meant "You can win, and we can win" our conditions are not mutually exclusive (compared to a SK).

Killing us will not get you any closer to town's end goal, only scum's.

Coppanuva

Why did you use your ability on the town tracker? You expect us to trust you have you tried to sabotage us like that?

I didn't. Kark's hit is on my head, but I didn't target him. I targeted Magnum and Batsnacks (I wanted to make Magnum talk more since he's been relying on Batsnacks a lot of the game). I'm guessing maybe a switcher moved them and Kark?

El Topo

Remember the good old times, when Coppa was vehemently against the idea of a harmless neutral?
Them as a neutral makes no sense at all if you think about it for more than 2 minutes. First off, it's evident they seem to have tracking powers since they saw Karkador visiting them. Sure, it could be a lucky guess on it, but Karked themselves CONFIRMED A BLAWL VISIT. Blawl said who they tracked visited them, which Karked backs up.

So if they're a neutral, they need to have a non-destructive action, or you need to propose a way that both the neutral AND scum kill were blocked. This seems unlikely, and I can't think of a neutral that isn't destructive here.

El Topo

I didn't. Kark's hit is on my head, but I didn't target him. I targeted Magnum and Batsnacks (I wanted to make Magnum talk more since he's been relying on Batsnacks a lot of the game). I'm guessing maybe a switcher moved them and Kark?

I typed it into Google Translator:
Please tell us who the switcher is so we can lynch him during the night.

Karkador

Banned
Now you're claiming a Switcher hit you, yet you're sure that you hit BooJay, who hasn't at all confirmed they got their chat hit

Flame_AC

Ultimately, it's not our fault that Kark apparently got switched with Batsnacks. We have no way to know that, and in the end, it doesn't really matter. Coppa and I got one day closer to our goal, and then we found a possible mafia pair in Ultra/BooBoo.

kingkitty

El Topo did you get a message that you were chatblocked in a PM? or was there a chatblocked message in your chat room? did the chat block message specify who it was targeting, like "this chatbomb is for el topo and panda", or was it more generic like "you got chat blocked, son!".

Flame_AC

Now you're claiming a Switcher hit you, yet you're sure that you hit BooJay, who hasn't at all confirmed they got their chat hit

True, but the switcher seemingly has no reason to stop what they're doing when you are still alive, why would they all of a sudden switch to them?

Coppanuva

1) No. I'm claiming a switcher (or some other interference) made my target on batsnacks hit YOU. No switcher hit us.

2) We cannot communicate outside of this thread. The person who's claiming a switcher hit YOU and Batsnacks was ME. FLAME is the one who is sure we hit BooJay. We're both just now finding out the information from the other.

Hobohodo

I know this has little to do with the current convosation but just putting it in as I ain't able to post as much as I'd like so wanna get my thoughts out there as and when I can.

The Batsnacks shenanigans from end of yesterday/start of today. I wasn't really buying it a whole bunch but in post 3523 he gives a reasoning for why launch may have been killed. Launch unvoting in that scenario can be seen as a pretty pro town move (after all scum would have just let the time flux vote go through) as to get more info. So killing off a player who could point to that as evidence of pro Townes and swing convosation easily (sorta like Kark is) makes some sense. I'd still like more on this.

I'm not to knowledgable in neutral roles, but would this role be kind of easy? If they get through 4 nights then they would effectively win right? (Unless the mafia chat is unable to be blocked).

El Topo

El Topo did you get a message that you were chatblocked in a PM? or was there a chatblocked message in your chat room? did the chat block message specify who it was targeting, like "this chatbomb is for el topo and panda", or was it more generic like "you got chat blocked, son!".

PM and a post in our thread. There is no specification who was targeted, if that's what you mean.

Coppanuva

I know this has little to do with the current convosation but just putting it in as I ain't able to post as much as I'd like so wanna get my thoughts out there as and when I can.

The Batsnacks shenanigans from end of yesterday/start of today. I wasn't really buying it a whole bunch but in post 3523 he gives a reasoning for why launch may have been killed. Launch unvoting in that scenario can be seen as a pretty pro town move (after all scum would have just let the time flux vote go through) as to get more info. So killing off a player who could point to that as evidence of pro Townes and swing convosation easily (sorta like Kark is) makes some sense. I'd still like more on this.

I'm not to knowledgable in neutral roles, but would this role be kind of easy? If they get through 4 nights then they would effectively win right? (Unless the mafia chat is unable to be blocked).

In regards to the last point here, yes it is kind of easy in pure win conditions, but I believe that's why we weren't given a chat. Us not having a chat makes coordination that much harder, which makes us stick out more, which makes people more likely to lynch us.

Flame_AC

We don't know if it hits scum chat or not. Assumedly not, as otherwise that'd be extremely powerful. Since Ultra/BooBoo never came forward with being interrupted, that leads us to assume they are scum.

We have no idea if the attempt on Ultra/BooBoo counts as a blocking of communication, since it seemingly didn't happen. We could find out tomorrow if we make it that far.

kingkitty

PM and a post in our thread. There is no specification who was targeted, if that's what you mean.

interesting

if this was just a generic chat block message in the chat room that didn't specify who was targeted

maybe when scum boojay got targeted, the whole scum chat was blocked with this generic message, and none of the scumbros could guess who was targeted, so they remained silent instead

but if it also came with a PM....which I assume goes directly to the targeted pair, then there's little reason for scum boojay to keep silent on this

kingkitty

from a townie standpoint, i don't get keeping quiet on this

from a scum standpoint, i don't get keeping quiet on this if they already know who was targeted

unless the chat bomb simply doesn't work on scum

kingkitty

hmm, if the PM is generic like the chat room message, and simply says "you been chat blocked, son!"

and the PM is sent to every person connected to the chat room, I guess that would be another possible reason a scum boojay would keep quiet, maybe, i don't know

Coppanuva

from a townie standpoint, i don't get keeping quiet on this

from a scum standpoint, i don't get keeping quiet on this if they already know who was targeted

unless the chat bomb simply doesn't work on scum

I think it makes sense for scum to stay silent on this:

1) If it doesn't work on scum, obviously they would never know it happened so they'd stay quiet.

2) If it does work on scum and blocks ALL of chat, wouldn't each of them have received a PM? They might have been waiting to see if any of the other pairs mentioned it not wanting to cause conflict between them.

Burbeting

Banned
magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (1)
giant panda
el topo
tl21xx

coppanuva & flame_ac (8)
kyanrute
batsnacks
karkador
zippedpinhead
magnumboy20xx
camjo-z
giant panda
tl21xx
batsnacks
ty4on

dusk soldier & karu (2)
boo boo'n
ultrajay

kingkitty & hyperactivity (0)
ty4on

hobohodo & ty4on (1)
kingkitty

ultrajay & boo boo'n (2)
coppanuva
flame_ac

kingkitty

I feel like the chat bomb not working on scum would be specified in the role description. Seems like a big detail that should be mentioned. If the role description doesn't specify, then...

1) burb didnt include it for one reason or another

2) burb forgot to include this bit

3) chat bomb can fuck scum up, as well as town

4) y'all lying

i want to believe number 3

Karkador

Banned
A switcher wouldn't be scum, because a switcher would have no interest in switching me with another person (it wouldn't affect our result, which is the part you'd want to stop from us).

So you're hinging on a town switcher existing, and frankly, I think it would be in Town's best interest to confirm or deny your story right now.

To Zipp's questions and to get it out there.

A) what does the flavor say it does?

Coppa and I begin one of our infamous arguments in the vicinity of our target boat. Our arguing is so loud and annoying that the people we are with are unable to talk to one another. Despite our arguments, we actually do care for each other, sometimes we just have to vent.

B) what it's called?

The command is "Vent:"

C) what/who did you do these things to?

I personally did it to El Topo/Giant Panda and Ultra/BooBoo. I assume Coppa did it Kark/Zip. I've targeted people who are active so that they will get out the existence of our role and so when we did have to claim, people would be around to discuss it. Now, you're probably surprised to see Ultra/BooBoo on that list of targets, and frankly, I was surprised that no one had stepped forward to claim the 'chat bomb'. I personally think that it's because the command does not work on mafia targets, as otherwise we'd be potentially disabling all of scum chat.

Vote: UltraJay

You're caught Ultra/BooBoo.

You might now have well deduced that Coppa and I are not Lovers or Loveless, we are neutral and our name is the "Divorced Couple". We still have unresolved feelings for one another and do not yet hate each other. Our win condition is to successfully interrupt four boats. So we might be able to win tomorrow, though I don't know because I can't be certain that the Ultra/BooBoo action worked.
VOTE: Flame_AC

Blarg/Kawl tried to play off their weird role as town, when it was clearly scum.

Also, the chat bombing power has to be a scum power because the scum pairs don't have a lover's chat so they can't be chat bombed.

Flame_AC

A switcher wouldn't be scum, because a switcher would have no interest in switching me with another person (it wouldn't affect our result, which is the part you'd want to stop from us).

So you're hinging on a town switcher existing, and frankly, I think it would be in Town's best interest to confirm or deny your story right now.

Running with KingKitty's point, Coppa and I don't know if it effects scum or not. We can always go for Ultra/BooBoo again tonight and then see if they remain without getting a message.

Think about the huge upside, if our power does effect scum, we've completely devastated them right now, we could, theoretically, do that again. Assuming it works on scum and doesn't just serve as a scum finder as it seemingly might right now.

Flame_AC

Blarg/Kawl tried to play off their weird role as town, when it was clearly scum.

Also, the chat bombing power has to be a scum power because the scum pairs don't have a lover's chat so they can't be chat bombed.

A lot of people are voting with horrible reasons and inching closer to just hammering Coppa and I.

Doesn't scum have a chat? Of course they do, you're hitting semantics between a pair chat which Lovers have and then whatever scum has. The point still remains that we stop conversations from happening.

Karkador

Banned
Running with KingKitty's point, Coppa and I don't know if it effects scum or not. We can always go for Ultra/BooBoo again tonight and then see if they remain without getting a message.

Think about the huge upside, if our power does effect scum, we've completely devastated them right now, we could, theoretically, do that again. Assuming it works on scum and doesn't just serve as a scum finder as it seemingly might right now.

We completely devastated scum when we figured you out and put you in a corner, and now this janky claim surfaces.

The truth is, we can lynch you right now, and even if we're wrong - by your own logic, we simply lynch boojay tomorrow and stay safe from lylo. Furthermore, we reduce the risk of you guys subjecting another town player to a chat bomb. It's a win-win.

Coppanuva

...Weird role? They were trackers. Scum trackers, but trackers. Is Kark's role weird to you now too?

A lot of people are voting with horrible reasons and inching closer to just hammering Coppa and I.

Doesn't scum have a chat? Of course they do, you're hitting semantics between a pair chat which Lovers have and then whatever scum has. The point still remains that we stop conversations from happening.

Their are only 2 types of teams: LOVE and LOVELESS.

You can't be neutral because that doesn't make sense. What would your alignment be?

You just admitted to being loveless.

El Topo

I think we're two votes away from a Turbo, so while I am dead set on voting for CoppaFlame, I'm going to refrain to not rush things.

Coppanuva

Their are only 2 types of teams: LOVE and LOVELESS.

You can't be neutral because that doesn't make sense. What would your alignment be?

You just admitted to being loveless.

Why doesn't neutral make sense? Win conditions have never called out neutrals. Sure, sometimes it's implied, and we make a game of reading in to them, but this game has even suggested that neutrals may exist. Why do you think they can't?

...Weird role? They were trackers. Scum trackers, but trackers. Is Kark's role weird to you now too?

I'm talking about when they admitted to being best friends and tried to play that off like they were still on the LOVERS teams.

Best friends are not lovers, they are loveless.

Coppanuva

I'm talking about when they admitted to being best friends and tried to play that off like they were still on the LOVERS teams.

Best friends are not lovers, they are loveless.

You realize people could very easily lie about their team names right? The fact we're being open and giving you our own team name should give you a clue that it's not loveless.

Camjo-Z

On the one hand, if Coppa/Flame really are neutrals looking to help town, leaving them alive could be a huge boon. Their power is essentially to toss a bomb at somebody and see if they claim the hit the next day to confirm themselves as town, and the fabled hero doc of N1 can keep maf guessing as to whether they should attempt to hit them or Kark/Zipped, or someone else entirely.

On the other hand... if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

VOTE: Coppanuva

tumblr_lrn9b5m2Dx1qgwi7to1_250.gif

Burbeting

Banned
magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (1)
giant panda
el topo
tl21xx

coppanuva & flame_ac (10)
kyanrute
batsnacks
karkador
zippedpinhead
magnumboy20xx
camjo-z
giant panda
tl21xx
batsnacks
ty4on
dusk soldier
camjo-z

dusk soldier & karu (2)
boo boo'n
ultrajay

kingkitty & hyperactivity (0)
ty4on

hobohodo & ty4on (1)
kingkitty

ultrajay & boo boo'n (2)
coppanuva
flame_ac

11 Votes for majority

kingkitty

vote: ultrajay

I want to believe. I'm sure hyperactivity would've supported this move.

Of course, giving the neutrals (assuming they are neutrals) another possibility to block someone might be extra annoying, but at least it's not death. And if things go well for them, they should be out of our hairs tomorrow....or they'll stick around and inevitably die on Day 5.

Where is ultraboo? I want to hear their thoughts before this day gets turboed.

Ty4on

UNVOTE

I don't want to turbo. Someone is going to die tonight and I'd prefer we got more of their thoughts before that happened.

Top Bottom