• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

W-00

Stoned for a Tier for the first time in this last event. Just for Tier 3, but I still had to spend eight stones (though I made back two from rewards). I could have spent a couple less if I'd started the event better (saving my level-up for the first day, setting an alarm to wake me right after the update was supposed to go live), but that still would have left me spending six stones.

Six stones for an SR isn't exactly a bad trade, but screw spending stones for Tier 3. If KLab doesn't expand the reward tiers, I'll have to seriously consider dropping the game. I was considering it when they started double events, and I wish I hadn't forgotten long enough to spend money on this game.

Anony

i was ranked 12500 ish but dropped off to 14500 ish at the end, as expected
but the upside is, i finally pull the mythical UR single scout ticket, only took 2 years
UlN3Irx.png

Crescent-

Saw the new Eli UR in JP, decided to spend the 9 scouting tickets I hoarded from the last 2 events. Got 2 SSRs and 4 SRs from that.

Then I noticed with 3 more stars/single pulls I'll get 5 blue tickets, so I decided to use 15 more love gems for single pulls. Got 2 rares from the Muse box before switching to Aqours for the last one and got this:
V1Xe52z.jpg

The blue ticket gave me an SR but I ain't even mad. Pretty satisfying string of single draws overall. Now I'll have to decide if I'll try to tier 1 the song rankings since another smile UR will be able to boost my score by quite a bit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So the TW version is just doing the rest of the Muse events before going to 4.0, which is fine. But what's amazing is that they have a DOUBLE event song token event to try to speed up the pace. That's right, two event songs for a single token event. This is taking the double SR events that they forced into Global to the next level. lol

The really weird part is that they're going to miss the Aqours train altogether, unless maybe they can time 4.0 to line up with the eventual concert or something.

GoXDS

So the TW version is just doing the rest of the Muse events before going to 4.0, which is fine. But what's amazing is that they have a DOUBLE event song token event to try to speed up the pace. That's right, two event songs for a single token event. This is taking the double SR events that they forced into Global to the next level. lol

The really weird part is that they're going to miss the Aqours train altogether, unless maybe they can time 4.0 to line up with the eventual concert or something.

I think, with this as a precedence, it's possible that EN will do the same soon. we are behind when it comes to Token events skipped. 4 of them. with Medley, SM, that's like 3 months away, which means delaying the new Token events that much. and there's also Challenge Fes, too, which can make that 4 months. if they combined it, it might take 1.5-2 months, which honestly is still a bit eh

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think, with this as a precedence, it's possible that EN will do the same soon. we are behind when it comes to Token events skipped. 4 of them. with Medley, SM, that's like 3 months away, which means delaying the new Token events that much. and there's also Challenge Fes, too, which can make that 4 months. if they combined it, it might take 1.5-2 months, which honestly is still a bit eh
It's weird - so currently it's Nico and Rin - Nico is the points based SR and Rin is the rank based SR... but of course, previously both would have been points based since even with the double ups, token events have previously only featured one SR. Sucks if you're a Rin fan I guess, especially on Global.

I wonder how people will react if it shows up in Global anyway. Certainly it means less plays of both songs, and I'm sure there are people who like to get SSS on the event songs.

GoXDS

It's weird - so currently it's Nico and Rin - Nico is the points based SR and Rin is the rank based SR... but of course, previously both would have been points based since even with the double ups, token events have previously only featured one SR. Sucks if you're a Rin fan I guess, especially on Global.

I wonder how people will react if it shows up in Global anyway. Certainly it means less plays of both songs, and I'm sure there are people who like to get SSS on the event songs.

I assume the event started already since you know which one is the Pts and which one is the rank? they didn't lower play counts for it or any other adjustments, right? if not, then *sigh* more shortsighted decisions like how EN originally did double SR (we had a precedent in JP, damnit, that was better!)

I do wonder what they're gonna do with the other remaining events though. we have 3 single SM left and 3 Medley left (and 2 Challenge but that's simple to combine). will they combine 1 SM and 1 Medley?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I assume the event started already since you know which one is the Pts and which one is the rank? they didn't lower play counts for it or any other adjustments, right? if not, then *sigh* more shortsighted decisions like how EN originally did double SR (we had a precedent in JP, damnit, that was better!)

I do wonder what they're gonna do with the other remaining events though. we have 3 single SM left and 3 Medley left (and 2 Challenge but that's simple to combine). will they combine 1 SM and 1 Medley?
Yeah, Nico is points - 25k and 40k.
1 Rin is T3, like current events.

They can just merge the other events can't they? Double up the SRs? The reason they avoided the token ones is because they didn't want to introduce more than one new song per event... but heck, at this point, why not.

GoXDS

Yeah, Nico is points - 25k and 40k.
1 Rin is T3, like current events.

They can just merge the other events can't they? Double up the SRs? The reason they avoided the token ones is because they didn't want to introduce more than one new song per event... but heck, at this point, why not.

if they do combine 1 SM and 1 Medley, I wonder which one it'll be.
also, how's TW's progress compared to EN in terms of events?

EDIT: also I forgot. since EN got 4.0, they kinda have to include Aqours events every month now as well so... if EN doesn't double up Token events, it'll take 7-8 months to catch up. and still 3.5-4 if they double up T_T

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TW was on par with global up until 4.0. They just finished Nozomi/Umi while global did Ruby/Dia. Before that, they did a solo Hanayo token event IIRC.

Articalys

Whoever is dedicated enough of a whale/glutton for punishment to S-clear a token song is probably willing to throw down the money to do it for two of them, IMO. Unless there's not actuallly enough time available during the event period to make it humanly possible while still accounting for school, work, sleep, etc.

It doesn't really matter to me how the schedule goes or what they do with the events as long as the tier competitiveness doesn't get too out of control. Though the perfectionist part of me would be slightly annoyed that some of the types of token icons will never get used. Personally I don't think they're ever going to be able to actually catch up.

I feel a bit bad for firehawk. The Reddit EN/TW thread is named as such, but I don't think I've ever seen anybody actually discussing the TW version. Heck, the only time threads for anyting related to it started to draw attention was just recently, with the double token leak.

well, I think you're in luck. iirc, last event was Token so should be either Medley or Challenge next. Medley would actually make you play longer compared to Challenge but eh. also, it's not too bad if it was Token since there is a fresh batch of songs in Aqours now, too. the LP overflow was definitely painful though... if you're insisting on wasting as little LP as possible, then try playing at 5 AM for 2.5 hours straight x_x

...And so of course we now have a Token event coming next. And it's Nico so I actually have to properly try now.

On the other hand it looks like we're getting a Promo Nico card coming soon. My only Promo card is the Christmas Maki card from last year so this is nice. I won't hate on more Nico in my team.

EDIT: In retrospect, I really should have played at least an easy song every day. I'm not used to the First Live Bonus being a thing, and the 5 LP I'd eat from my 1700+ total from my mass level up would be paid back many times over by the free Love Gem every day.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I feel a bit bad for firehawk. The Reddit EN/TW thread is named as such, but I don't think I've ever seen anybody actually discussing the TW version. Heck, the only time threads for anyting related to it started to draw attention was just recently, with the double token leak.
TW is basically a weird franken-version since it doesn't really have any advantage over the others other than the fact that it's easier to tier. But I think there's enough of a dedicated Chinese audience to keep it afloat since it spans several countries, which is more than can be said for the Korean version.

but you got a UR on 4th pull and get to idolize one of your SSR. and at the very least, it's SR Seal material. I'd say that was a good run

Hah, I totally didn't realize I already had that Kotori SSR.

Still, the Smile UR is a stamina skill, which annoys me because all three of my Smile URs are stamina skills. Stamina skills are worthless!

Also, they're going to be doing 30 million player packs (one for each group) that include a million gold, a 10+1 draw ticket, and a SSR or above draw ticket. Guess I'm going to have to spend some more money.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hah, I totally didn't realize I already had that Kotori SSR.

Still, the Smile UR is a stamina skill, which annoys me because all three of my Smile URs are stamina skills. Stamina skills are worthless!

Also, they're going to be doing 30 million player packs (one for each group) that include a million gold, a 10+1 draw ticket, and a SSR or above draw ticket. Guess I'm going to have to spend some more money.
I think finding more excuses to do these packs is good business. It's probably the only way to get "minnows" or "dolphins" or "baby whales" to spend money on the game when they wouldn't otherwise. I'm still waiting for them to sell a UR like idolmaster... that's probably the best "deal" I've seen.

Also, you just need to get the UR skill that converts healing to points. lol

Apperently the EX version of the event ENG Song Zurui no Magnetic Today is known to be a terror. Good luck everyone...and me... hopefully it's better than Dancing Stars on Me EX was for me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Apperently the EX version of the event ENG Song Zurui no Magnetic Today is known to be a terror. Good luck everyone...and me... hopefully it's better than Dancing Stars on Me EX was for me.
It's the only chart in the game that gives me nightmares because of the note vomit at the end. I actually found the random version to be easier to play.

GoXDS

there's also a similar note spam near the beginning, too, no? not gonna be an easy EX event to be sure. I wonder if they're including the new Song score ranking already. and I guess they're not doing those double Token events

Articalys

Do all of the Aqours Rs have the same voice clips across the different colors? Because I am not looking forward to bonding up Maris if I have to keep dealing with GO GO AQOURS every five seconds.
Yes, I could just turn the voices off, but then I lose everyone else's.

GoXDS

Do all of the Aqours Rs have the same voice clips across the different colors? Because I am not looking forward to bonding up Maris if I have to keep dealing with GO GO AQOURS every five seconds.
Yes, I could just turn the voices off, but then I lose everyone else's.

yeaaa... I agree with Mari's T_T you could shove her to the right of the team line up to reduce the chances of her voice going off. at least you'll replace her soon, right? unless you don't plan on scouting for Aqours soon; however, in that case it might be better to use a strong idolized Muse SR even if it's on your Aqours team and it's an Aqours song

Articalys

yeaaa... I agree with Mari's T_T you could shove her to the right of the team line up to reduce the chances of her voice going off. at least you'll replace her soon, right? unless you don't plan on scouting for Aqours soon; however, in that case it might be better to use a strong idolized Muse SR even if it's on your Aqours team and it's an Aqours song
For everything that I do as efficiently as possible, I still maintain a couple stupid quirks, among them I decided not to mix µ's and Aqours on the same song, and unless absolutely necessary for competitiveness reasons (i.e. the score match that just finished), not to play them on the other group's songs. Right now I have all four Aqours event SRs so far and am only missing 3 of the Smile Rs, so I can form full Pure and Cool teams to grind bond. I have enough SIS that with a bit more levelling I can probably get consistent S-ranks with those two teams. Don't think I need to worry about Aqours songs being used competitively again until the first Aqours token event... whenever that'll be on the EN schedule. Probably not for a while, and by then I don't think anybody but whales will have Aqours teams with more than 5 or 6 SRs anyway.
Speaking of voices, is there a way to turn them off during songs without turning them off on the home menu too?
Nope, the settings for BGM/SFX/Voice are all global across the app. It's kind of dumb that way. When I go turn down the music before reading a set of story chapters (because that loop gets annoying), I have to remember to turn it back up before playing a song.

I still have 1307 more LP to go. That's 53 more plays if they were all on expert (they will only mostly be on expert). PLUS all the Magnetic Today plays. THIS is why I was not wanting this to be a Token event...

On the plus side, I almost Full Combo'd KoreKara no Someday on Expert. I've been making a "Mada Mada Korekara" team because that's my favorite universal skill activation call, but I'm missing Honoka and Maki cards that say it. Maybe I should try to Full Combo it with that team when I get them all.

elhaym

On the plus side, I almost Full Combo'd KoreKara no Someday on Expert. I've been making a "Mada Mada Korekara" team because that's my favorite universal skill activation call, but I'm missing Honoka and Maki cards that say it. Maybe I should try to Full Combo it with that team when I get them all.

Korakara no Someday is STILL my favorite "fun" chart. I think Dancing Stars on Me comes close though... Some of the master charts are a lot of fun, but I'm not good enough at the game to even C combo them, haha.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How recent is "before"? I don't remember seeing any announcement about them, at least.
Oh weird, maybe my brain is going to mush because of the three versions. Could have sworn I bought them in the Global version. lol My bad!

Speaking of brain mush, were the 10+1 special bonus packs sold in the JP version also guaranteed SSRs as well? Or were they just SR tickets?

Articalys

Oh weird, maybe my brain is going to mush because of the three versions. Could have sworn I bought them in the Global version. lol My bad!

Speaking of brain mush, were the 10+1 special bonus packs sold in the JP version also guaranteed SSRs as well? Or were they just SR tickets?
No worries. And checking news history, the JP special packs were the same as the packs EN is getting (11-draw ticket, SSR+ ticket, 1MM G). I assume that's what you meant, since I don't know if the 11-draw tickets have any guarantees on them.

GoXDS

I've been in the Sticker shop recently so yes. the A-Rise Rs are new

as for packs, it was SR+ for the update packs. I think it's only SSR+ for the 30m players pack

Articalys

That's what I assumed he was talking about, the milestone pack that was in JP from Sept 20-30 and in EN now, packs plural referring to the µ's and Aqours versions.

Also, the last several seconds of Zurui yo EX really are a royal pain. Song itself is great though.

Articalys

You seem to have posted in the wrong topic.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=965541
Though it's certainly an idea that, no matter how cumbersome, could be applied to any of the touchscreen-based mobile rhythm games.

Also, while the video is somewhat self-explanatory visually, it would certainly be polite of you, though not required, to actually translate the finer details if you mean for us to fully appreciate it.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
You seem to have posted in the wrong topic.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=965541
Though it's certainly an idea that, no matter how cumbersome, could be applied to any of the touchscreen-based mobile rhythm games.

Also, while the video is somewhat self-explanatory visually, it would certainly be polite of you, though not required, to actually translate the finer details if you mean for us to fully appreciate it.

Oh my bad lol. Literally looked at twitter thumbnail and was like "k thats love live I guess"

Articalys

Ah, no worries then, never mind what I said.

I'll bet KLab wishes they had the level of fan engagement that Bamco gets with Starlight Stage.

First time trying to tier 2 in jp. I was around rank 46000 right before the event ended. Guess I need a bigger buffer if I'm going to try again.

Top Bottom