• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Crescent-

First time trying to tier 2 in jp. I was around rank 46000 right before the event ended. Guess I need a bigger buffer if I'm going to try again.

The last day rush this event is brutal. Slept last night with T2 being on 31k, and it gained 11.5k in the last 12 hours or so. Probably the effect of getting the third SR in 40k (and 2 love gems in 38k) which made people rush to that point. And also probably the effect of Yo(hane)shiko's popularity (last event's T2 didn't get even near the 3rd SR points).

That's what I assumed he was talking about, the milestone pack that was in JP from Sept 20-30 and in EN now, packs plural referring to the µ's and Aqours versions.

Also, the last several seconds of Zurui yo EX really are a royal pain. Song itself is great though.

I still can't complete it on Expert thanks to that Note Vomit at the end. It'd probably be more efficient to just be safe and play the song on Hard Mode. I already have enough tokens that I can be able to tier.

Side Note, I managed to FC Soldier Game Hard for the first time (and on my first try!!!) after having not played the song at all since my hiatus. I always messed up on the refrain section with the repetition notes that occasionally switch. Now I just have Anemone Heart, Beat in Angel, and friggen Yume naki Yume wa Yume Janai of all songs to FC on Hard.

GoXDS

I still can't complete it on Expert thanks to that Note Vomit at the end. It'd probably be more efficient to just be safe and play the song on Hard Mode. I already have enough tokens that I can be able to tier.

due to new scoring system, EX is waaaaaaaay more efficient than Hard. B-S Score guarantees more EP/LP and C Score only requires B Combo. so I really recommend doing mostly EX. if you're failing the song because of the vomit at the end, it's better to sacrifice a bit of team strength and get more Stamina and Healing

also Tier 2 is projected to be at least 34000.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Magnetic is okay up until the end at least. You just have to pray to god you don't lose too much life.

That's the worst part with it being at the end, it's impossible to heal.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Whoa, really? I haven't bothered to read any of the story... I wonder if they graduate and break up as well.

And does this mean they're out of Muse songs finally?

The last day rush this event is brutal. Slept last night with T2 being on 31k, and it gained 11.5k in the last 12 hours or so. Probably the effect of getting the third SR in 40k (and 2 love gems in 38k) which made people rush to that point. And also probably the effect of Yo(hane)shiko's popularity (last event's T2 didn't get even near the 3rd SR points).

Everyone wants Yohane and her little demon.

elhaym

Trying again... here we go...

Cu024JDWgAALbFX.jpg

GoXDS

this... is somewhat surprising. it'll cost me negative gems to tier. to get to 36k will cost me at most 10 gems but that returns me 12 gems +1 from Idolizing SR. so far projected cutoff is 33.5

I was able to A rank Magnetic Today and I cam finally stop bombing the finale bullet hell consistently. I'm not seeing a Full Combo coming though. Zurui Yo...

GoXDS

I think I read this on the reddit and not here so I'll mention it here again. someone had suggested turning up the speed (to Master lvl), so it'll space out those double notes at the end more (and let you process it better). I did it and was able to S Combo

Articalys

While I'd like to be able to say I got a full combo on Zurui yo when all's said and done, more for the sake of pride than anything else, from strictly a numbers standpoint I'm not terribly concerned since it'll probably only cost 1 or 2 more gems overall to tier.

xero273

lol decided to roll for the limited scouting.. all these Rs and then a UR.. it's nico. so much despair and a ray of hope shows up!

I think I read this on the reddit and not here so I'll mention it here again. someone had suggested turning up the speed (to Master lvl), so it'll space out those double notes at the end more (and let you process it better). I did it and was able to S Combo

Funny, I had the opposite idea and turned the speed down all the way. Almost instantly failed because the whole thing was note vomit. I'll give this a try.

chrono01

I seriously don't even know why I bother playing this game. Playing since launch, and I only have 1 UR. I figured since people were having luck with those NEW 4.0 RATES, I'd try a multi-pull. I've been saving for the Devil Set, but I need a Pure/Cool UR leader.

What did I get?

10 R, 1 SR

Seriously, if I don't get a UR with the 350 Loveca (probably more, by the time Devil Nico is released), I'll probably just delete the game from the phone. :/

I'm spending love gems for Tiering the Fall Nico event. It's my first time going for a tier and it's been rough since I lost some plays due to failing Magnetic Today.

Since it's Eli's birthday, I've decided to collect tokens while I try to FC Arifureta Kanashimi no Hate Expert, which I just unlocked recently. It's tough in a vacuum but compared to Zurui Yo it's a breath of fresh air.

tumblr_o2z6o8y1iL1uaegt5o1_500.jpg

tenton

I seriously don't even know why I bother playing this game. Playing since launch, and I only have 1 UR. I figured since people were having luck with those NEW 4.0 RATES, I'd try a multi-pull. I've been saving for the Devil Set, but I need a Pure/Cool UR leader.

What did I get?

10 R, 1 SR

Seriously, if I don't get a UR with the 350 Loveca (probably more, by the time Devil Nico is released), I'll probably just delete the game from the phone. :/

Sorry, I'm probably sucking up all your luck. I've gotten at least 2 or 3 URs just on green ticket pulls. To be fair, I think this is over EN and JP version and I've effectively been playing since launch on both regions (though JP wasn't serious for the first 3 months).

chrono01

Sorry, I'm probably sucking up all your luck. I've gotten at least 2 or 3 URs just on green ticket pulls. To be fair, I think this is over EN and JP version and I've effectively been playing since launch on both regions (though JP wasn't serious for the first 3 months).
Haha, it's all good! I'm glad some people here are having luck, so it's not all despair. It would be depressing otherwise. :/

Hachitora

So, I was conflicted about using gems to try for Dancer Rin in the Lily White box today (since idk if Rin might be the next muse UR), but I went for it and
So happy! I think idolized Dancer Rin is my favorite Rin card in the game too. She used to be my phone wallpaper till a few days ago, actually, so I guess she just wanted to be back with me ^^ Also, never thought I'd ever have audible reactions to drawing a UR but, as soon as I saw Rin pop out of the envelope, I yelped a bit lol

Sacrificed a bunch of SRs to idolize her immediately. Worth

Is this the promo Hanayo card I saw people bitching about on the subreddit because we were getting Promo Nico for the 30 million anniversary instead?

Speaking of Nico, just a little more before I hit the projected barrier for Tier 2. I wasn't the most efficient, missing an entire day of play at one point, plus I wasted some plays and gems because of a few song fails because fuck that ending.

Anony

for those of you using schoolido.lu, are the stats on the cards wrong? the base leveled stats are off then what my cards are showing
is it because they still haven't updated since 4.0 update?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is this the promo Hanayo card I saw people bitching about on the subreddit because we were getting Promo Nico for the 30 million anniversary instead?

Speaking of Nico, just a little more before I hit the projected barrier for Tier 2. I wasn't the most efficient, missing an entire day of play at one point, plus I wasted some plays and gems because of a few song fails because fuck that ending.
I don't check it too much, but yeah, I guess global is skipping her then?

for those of you using schoolido.lu, are the stats on the cards wrong? the base leveled stats are off then what my cards are showing
I don't use it, but I assume they're all wrong if they're not updated. I think the decaf wiki had a hell of a time after 4.0 because someone had to go in and change all those values.

Articalys

One of the things 4.0 did was change how bond affects team strength; previously, it was added as a flat value outside of other multipliers from center skills, but now it gets affected just like the main card stat does, so since there's no functional difference in how it contributes towards score, they decided to just include the current bond amount in the displayed card strength for its main color. I'm trying to find a guide explaining how the new team strength calculation works in its entirety between stats, bond, center skills, school idol skills, and friend supports, but that's the gist of it.

tl;dr: Subtract the card's bond level from the displayed stat in-game and see if that matches. If so, nothing's wrong.

xero273

do you guys use seals to idolize or just do same card to idolize? I have been using the same card to level up, get the seal, and level the skill up. Then i looked at the cost to idolize and thought it probably isn't a good idea to idolize through seal.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
do you guys use seals to idolize or just do same card to idolize? I have been using the same card to level up, get the seal, and level the skill up. Then i looked at the cost to idolize and thought it probably isn't a good idea to idolize through seal.
It you just want it for the Pokedex, then you might as well. You probably won't be using Rares on your team anyway.

One of the things 4.0 did was change how bond affects team strength; previously, it was added as a flat value outside of other multipliers from center skills, but now it gets affected just like the main card stat does, so since there's no functional difference in how it contributes towards score, they decided to just include the current bond amount in the displayed card strength for its main color. I'm trying to find a guide explaining how the new team strength calculation works in its entirety between stats, bond, center skills, school idol skills, and friend supports, but that's the gist of it.

tl;dr: Subtract the card's bond level from the displayed stat in-game and see if that matches. If so, nothing's wrong.

Ah, I see. I guess that means I'll have to stop doing the "factor bond in your score to see if it beats the higher tier off-color cards" thing. Is the 10% same note bonus also changed or is that still a thing?

Articalys

Ah, I see. I guess that means I'll have to stop doing the "factor bond in your score to see if it beats the higher tier off-color cards" thing. Is the 10% same note bonus also changed or is that still a thing?
Yeah, there's still the 10% color-match bonus, along with the newer 10% bonus for using μ's on μ's songs and Aqours on Aqours songs.

Crescent-

For rares I agree with firehawk that it's better to idolize using seals if you have the money (except if you need to find normals as well, then use FP). For SRs I suggest idolizing using the second copy since it adds 1 skill slot, which can be valuable especially if you have an Aura or a Cross skill (or idolize with seals twice for the same effect).

For rares I agree with firehawk that it's better to idolize using seals if you have the money (except if you need to find normals as well, then use FP). For SRs I suggest idolizing using the second copy since it adds 1 skill slot, which can be valuable especially if you have an Aura or a Cross skill (or idolize with seals twice for the same effect).

Most SRs aren't useful and only exist to take up a slot in your inventory. I've been slowly making my way through my collection, clearling out the lower point SRs. Super expensive, though. I went from 30 million gold down to under 5 million. Too many junk SRs.

GoXDS

Most SRs aren't useful and only exist to take up a slot in your inventory. I've been slowly making my way through my collection, clearling out the lower point SRs. Super expensive, though. I went from 30 million gold down to under 5 million. Too many junk SRs.

if you're willing to take more time to lvl cards to max, it's most efficient to use Lvl 1 Ns than lvled up Ns (for that matter low Lvl > high Lvl and higher rarity > lower rarity, priority to the latter). so I sell all my Ns above Lvl 1 and use exclusively Lvl 1 N and higher rarity to feed (for that matter, when I finish Lvling Ns to 40, I sell, not feed). I started around 30m before 4.0 and still floating around 20m (in part because of the Token event just now and using 13 gems)

5m is starting to get really low in G, especially if we're expecting a Challenge event on the 31st

math for those interested

Lvl 1 gives 120 exp at the cost of 1000 G or sells for 1400 G so if we're feeding exclusively with Lvl 1s, to Lvl a N from 1 to 40, you 8000 exp / 120 = 67 Ns. at 1000 G per card and opportunity cost of 1400 G, it's effectively 2400 G each so costs 160,800 G
Lvl 10 gives 384 exp at the cost of 2900 G or sells for 5180 G. that's 8000/384 = 21 Ns. 21*(2900+5180) = 169,680 G
so feeding with Lvl 10s costs more

and to show that my math works the way it should with opportunity cost, I'll sell the amount needed to lvl for one group and feed the other group and see how much G I have in the end
Feed with Lvl 1s and Sell Lvl 10s
costs 67,000 G and gain 108,780 G. surplus of 41,780 G
Feed with Lvl 10s and Sell Lvl 1s
costs 60,900 G and gain 93,800 G. surplus of 32,900 G
first option nets us 8,880 G more, like in previous method

this is because the increase in G gained from selling grows faster than the exp/G ratio as the card lvls. this is also true for Lvl 1 R to Lvl 10 R but R are just much more cost effective than N

Crescent-

It's all about the skills of the SR and what team you're building. I've been idolizing scorer SRs mid-event just to find the optimal team to tier the score rankings on JP, and it helps. Sure, I don't idolize stamina/PL SRs, however scorer SRs are great to keep around imo. I've even unlocked the 4th skill slots of 2 of my SRs just so that they can be the ones equipped with the Veil skills, leaving my URs open for the cross skills (to optimize the stat boosts).

And yes, I did practice out my older healer/PL SRs to hoard seals for UR idolization. I even have around 40-ish free member slots now because of that.

I thought I was sitting pretty at 5m gold, but it's nice to know that no, I'm actually a Pauper waiting to lose the clothes off his back.

How are Promo cards seen these days? I remember when I played before they were considered at least better than event SRs if fully trained, but a lot of things have changed since then. It'll be a sad day when I have to retire Christmas Night Maki.

Anony

if you're willing to take more time to lvl cards to max, it's most efficient to use Lvl 1 Ns than lvled up Ns (for that matter low Lvl > high Lvl and higher rarity > lower rarity, priority to the latter). so I sell all my Ns above Lvl 1 and use exclusively Lvl 1 N and higher rarity to feed (for that matter, when I finish Lvling Ns to 40, I sell, not feed). I started around 30m before 4.0 and still floating around 20m (in part because of the Token event just now and using 13 gems)

5m is starting to get really low in G, especially if we're expecting a Challenge event on the 31st

math for those interested

Lvl 1 gives 120 exp at the cost of 1000 G or sells for 1400 G so if we're feeding exclusively with Lvl 1s, to Lvl a N from 1 to 40, you 8000 exp / 120 = 67 Ns. at 1000 G per card and opportunity cost of 1400 G, it's effectively 2400 G each so costs 160,800 G
Lvl 10 gives 384 exp at the cost of 2900 G or sells for 5180 G. that's 8000/384 = 21 Ns. 21*(2900+5180) = 169,680 G
so feeding with Lvl 10s costs more

and to show that my math works the way it should with opportunity cost, I'll sell the amount needed to lvl for one group and feed the other group and see how much G I have in the end
Feed with Lvl 1s and Sell Lvl 10s
costs 67,000 G and gain 108,780 G. surplus of 41,780 G
Feed with Lvl 10s and Sell Lvl 1s
costs 60,900 G and gain 93,800 G. surplus of 32,900 G
first option nets us 8,880 G more, like in previous method

this is because the increase in G gained from selling grows faster than the exp/G ratio as the card lvls. this is also true for Lvl 1 R to Lvl 10 R but R are just much more cost effective than N

goddamn, i've been feeding it wrong, i never bothered to actually calculate it
i thought it was CHEAPER per level to feed higher level cards

i'm always sitting at like 10k gold now because there's so many rares to level and idolize from the 4.0 patch
what's the best way to gather gold in a short time? play 4x gold songs?

Articalys

goddamn, i've been feeding it wrong, i never bothered to actually calculate it
i thought it was CHEAPER per level to feed higher level cards
I mean, that's still not strictly wrong purely from an individual card cost-per-XP perspective; it's just that as the math above indicates, in the wider view of trying to make as much net profit as possible, you want to feed low and sell high.

Here's a Reddit thread that ran more numbers on the topic:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SchoolIdol...gold_efficiency_table_for_practicingremoving/

GoXDS

huh, guess my testing was incomplete. I just automatically assumed for Lvl 1 -> 10+ that the efficiency just continues smoothly down. guess there were ups and downs.

though does someone have exp/cost from feeding with white Alpaca? I don't remember it being that efficient compared to its 30k sell value. I never actually made the calc and don't have one on hand atm
EDIT: it's 2400 exp for 2000 G and 30,000 G selling, so yea. really good feed material
@Anony yea, strictly from the real cost, you can see it costs ~7k G less using Lvl 10s to feed. a lot of people just forget to factor in opportunity cost, which swings it back the other way, making Lvl 1s cheaper as a whole

Hachitora

So I saw the new Rin SR and used a scouting ticket for the hell of it, and
This is the best aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh she's so cute. Gotta make sure to get the 2nd even Rin now, since she's showing me so much love lol

An R envelope was what popped out, so I just skipped the thing, but then I saw that on the screen and I had a little yelp of joy

Top Bottom