• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Articalys

Nanaka please

Please don't stalk maids

yj5po8nefdyx.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
If you are going to post fake translations, at least preface that it's a joke so as not to trick people. Though I have to admit, I'm jealous they edited out the SFX. I found it too hard to do that so just added the English next to the Japanese characters.

Articalys

I don't recall ever being that snippy with you about it or saying you shouldn't post your edits, so I feel like that's a bit uncalled for.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Taiwan is finally on 4.0. I have no idea what order the events are in now though... I guess they'll start where the global version started when they got 4.0 a couple of months ago.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wonder what the current player base size is on TW compared to what KR was before it shut down and merged with EN.
Bigger, because TW includes all Chinese speaking regions except Mainland China, which has a simplified Chinese client.

Whether or not they still make money? I have no idea. Maybe the update will give a boost, and I'd actually buy those starter draw tickets if I could find a way to get TW itunes money. lol

Hachitora

Remember my fellow americans, in this trying time only one best girl has what it takes to unite us all, and thats Mari.

A vote for Mari is a vote for Shiiiiiiny!

Yohane is my favorite aqour, but Mari is the correct awnser for the us

Yeah, You is my favorite, but... Mari just makes sense. Plus she's second fave so woooooo Mari for US Ambassador

Make America Joke Again

Articalys

Maintenance over. 1 free gem if you played a song during the error period, refunds for any gems spent for LP refill or song continues during the error period, returning any tokens spent during the error period, and 4 free gems for everyone because of the maintenance.

Oh, and the event got extended by an entire day, which will probably wreak havoc on tiers.

tenton

Maintenance over. 1 free gem if you played a song during the error period, refunds for any gems spent for LP refill or song continues during the error period, returning any tokens spent during the error period, and 4 free gems for everyone because of the maintenance.

Oh, and the event got extended by an entire day, which will probably wreak havoc on tiers.

Well, Tier 2 didn't look like it was going nuts. Also gives me a chance to get to 40k for my 3rd SR, so should be good in that regard. Tier 1 might expand a bit, though.

This is all still painful compared to JP, where you can farm tokens WAY faster (4x faster, actually). Made tokens from the most tedious to the least tedious event.

GoXDS

Looks like it just barely fell short, by a razor-thin margin.

Also, I have 350 normal stickers and no idea what to spend them on.

at that pt it's probably best to just save up to Idolize a UR. expected returns has always favored using Seals to Idolize anyways

elhaym

This is what I've been reduced to doing because apparently I like pain. Smile Rakshata confirmed best Rakshata. Made stupid mistakes on Strawberry Trapper. ;_;

(No, I'm not even trying garbage like Beat in Angel or Otomeshiki...)

chrono01

I've hit a new point of no return: My first card that I want to save up for.

909Nico.png
I have just under 500 Love Gems for this one, and I'll have more than that when she hits (maybe 550?). If I don't get her, or ANY UR with all of these, I'll likely delete the game from my phone. I've been playing since launch and only have a single "legit" UR. :(

GoXDS

I have just under 500 Love Gems for this one, and I'll have more than that when she hits (maybe 550?). If I don't get her, or ANY UR with all of these, I'll likely delete the game from my phone. I've been playing since launch and only have a single "legit" UR. :(

GanbaRuby!

I have 373 Gems right now, so by the time it happens I should hopefully have at least 400. Good luck!

Articalys

At least 4.0 odds mean you're more likely to get more spare SRs when you do gem scouting. Still feels a fool's errand though.

I have 45 tickets to burn through before I can even do normal 10+1s, but I'm trying to wait until at least one UR of each Aqours is released.

Articalys

5koma instead of 4koma? What is the world coming to?

Anyway, the Nozomi score match on EN right now is going to wind up being the first event I won't tier in several months, because score match is the worst event type and singles score match is even worse.

Even though I know about how they adjust your score partners based on score, I still like Score Match. The main thing that sucks for me is that my Cool team is so weak so I'm almost guaranteed to lose a Cool Song, and this will unlikely change until I dump all my gems on that Devil Nico (who thankfully is a Cool card, and a Perfect Lock Cool Card, no less)

GoXDS

Even though I know about how they adjust your score partners based on score, I still like Score Match. The main thing that sucks for me is that my Cool team is so weak so I'm almost guaranteed to lose a Cool Song, and this will unlikely change until I dump all my gems on that Devil Nico (who thankfully is a Cool card, and a Perfect Lock Cool Card, no less)

or dodge the song. at least it only matters if you're either tiering or not playing enough to guarantee 25000 pts (the latter of which is harder now that base pts increased)

GoXDS

Hm? did they add a new option to reroll song selection for Medley JP?
seems like there's a new Option available, too... I think it increases chance of Support popping up before a song

Crescent-

Hm? did they add a new option to reroll song selection for Medley JP?
seems like there's a new Option available, too... I think it increases chance of Support popping up before a song

Yes, though song lineup only, not attribute shuffle. Mainly for those who wants to maximize score for score rankings. Also the new option guarantees friend support every song, not only increases the chance for it (which isn't worth it in my opinion).

GoXDS

Yes, though song lineup only, not attribute shuffle. Mainly for those who wants to maximize score for score rankings. Also the new option guarantees friend support every song, not only increases the chance for it (which isn't worth it in my opinion).

it's mostly there for the people really, really trying to tier high in the Score rankings

meanwhile in EN. forgot that they skipped Christmas set. so @chrono you might have until Feb then

Articalys

The main reason I hate score match is because it has by far the biggest opportunity cost of playing the event match instead of normal songs. With token events you're playing normal songs all the time, so it counts towards song goals, and you can use random to get box points faster. Medley and challenge festivals have ways to boost your G/exp gain and rare reward drops, and medleys are actually more LP efficient than any other mode. Score matches? No friend supports or boost, no special rewards, no counting towards any goals. The only long-term thing it contributes towards is filling the points box, and before 4.0 it didn't even have that.

GoXDS

The main reason I hate score match is because it has by far the biggest opportunity cost of playing the event match instead of normal songs. With token events you're playing normal songs all the time, so it counts towards song goals, and you can use random to get box points faster. Medley and challenge festivals have ways to boost your G/exp gain and rare reward drops, and medleys are actually more LP efficient than any other mode. Score matches? No friend supports or boost, no special rewards, no counting towards any goals. The only long-term thing it contributes towards is filling the points box, and before 4.0 it didn't even have that.

actually, after 4.0, SM is potentially the most EP/LP efficient

SM:
S/1 = 21.44 EP/LP
S/2.5 = 18.86 EP/LP

Medley:
3 EX S/S (assume +10% EP Option selected) = 18.45 (+ random supports)
3 EX S/B = 17.95

ChaFes:
5 EX S/S (same assumption as Medley) = 19.33 (+ random supports, potentially more then Medley)
5 EX S/B = 18.62

Token: (later on, huge bonus pts for taking muuuuch less time once we can mod LP/Tokens used)
25 EX + 9 Event EX S/S= 9.22 (S/B = 8.54)
scaled to 1 SR = 20.95 (19.4)
scaled to 2 SR = 22.13 (20.5)
scaled roughly to Tier 2 = ~18.5 (~17)

unless you're referring to exp/LP but that hardly matters at high Lvls and at low lvls, Medley isn't even maximally efficient below Lvl 70 (don't have 60 LP). it's also ironically arguably the least EP/LP efficient now

I do agree with SM having the largest cost opportunity and that's also why I dislike SM the most. it's simply the least newbie friendly, too (though a newbie can probably overreach in a Medley and fail)

Articalys

FYI, looks like EN will be getting the SSR/UR skill XP cost reduction, SSR/UR skill buffs, and Heal/Trick SIS buffs after the event ends.

GoXDS

PSA: EN event tonight and the maintenance lasts 2 hours, starting an hour early

I wonder if they're including sticker rewards?

xero273

Just got to rank 100 and it takes 2k+ exp to level? pretty sure before it was 1400. Does the experience needed jump when you hit 100?

Top Bottom