• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Articalys

Just got to rank 100 and it takes 2k+ exp to level? pretty sure before it was 1400. Does the experience needed jump when you hit 100?
Basically, yeah.

Though to be completely accurate, the history is actually kind of the reverse. Used to be that experience needed was part of a steady increase all the way, but in one of the major updates they cut the first 100 level requirements in half, to encourage new players to level up and get more content/LP faster.

It also meant that any existing players had all that excess experience refunded back to them at once, causing them to level up multiple times the next time they hit a new rank, and getting hundreds of overflow LP at once.

Articalys

By the way, there's two new holiday booster packs available until the 25th, one each for μ's and Aqours. SR+ ticket, 5 gems, and 3 Alpaca/Shiitake depending on which pack you buy; US cost is $3.00, don't know about other countries.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bit behind on the translations. Sorry about that.

tumblr_oiajyjgFA51vhvyl5o1_1280.jpg

I remember there was a bug with Medley Festivals that made the expensive "give better rewards" perk actually decrease your chance to get better rewards. Is that still a thing?

I'm 8 gems away from 450, which will mean 9 10+1 pull chances when Devil Nico comes. (And 2 Scouting tickets) I'm wondering if I can make it to 500 free gems (or maybe with the recent boosters on sale) before she hits Honor Scouting.

GoXDS

I remember there was a bug with Medley Festivals that made the expensive "give better rewards" perk actually decrease your chance to get better rewards. Is that still a thing?

I'm 8 gems away from 450, which will mean 9 10+1 pull chances when Devil Nico comes. (And 2 Scouting tickets) I'm wondering if I can make it to 500 free gems (or maybe with the recent boosters on sale) before she hits Honor Scouting.

AFAIK they fixed that ages ago

Devil Nico's coming probably around early Feb assuming no set skipping again (and if I didn't miss another skipped set). so if you get the boosters, then you're guaranteed 500. even without it, with Event Gems, you're probably good to go, too

EDIT: qq. last 3 10+1s were all single SR. average is ~2 SRs now, too T_T

W-00

Finally it seems the fallen ones UR has dropped. Gonna roll a 10+1 on christmas to try for it. Rip loveca stones.

i haven't been playing very much, recently. Just the minimum to get the daily gems and one copy of the event SR. I've even been thinking about quitting the game entirely. Partly because I've been feeling uninterested, partly because my right thumb has been hurting. But this post made me want to roll, and I had 100+ gems saved up, so I decided to give a 10+1 a shot.

But before that, I had a scouting ticket I had to use. And this came out.

I think the game wants me to stay.

i haven't been playing very much, recently. Just the minimum to get the daily gems and one copy of the event SR. I've even been thinking about quitting the game entirely. Partly because I've been feeling uninterested, partly because my right thumb has been hurting. But this post made me want to roll, and I had 100+ gems saved up, so I decided to give a 10+1 a shot.

Nice draw!

GoXDS

No Yoshiko. Many SSRs though, so made some dark SSR sacrifices for Rin so I could finish this up.

The constellation set is so pretty... ;_;

congratz on that. too bad even in paired mode it keeps the name banner. even if we can find cleaned versions online

chrono01

Nice, congrats!

I'm tempted to try for her, but I'm going to hold out for Devil Nico...

Merry idolmas everyone. i did 3 10+1s to celebrate Christmas in the hopes that the datenshi would visit one of her little demons. but alas, in true Yoshiko fashion luck was not on my side. did manage to snag the kanan Halloween SR tho as a consolation prize along with a few other sr's.

lYcwFnw.png

7d6Tr4j.png

0TzaxTa.png

Articalys

If you're playing any songs today besides Jingle Bells ga Tomaranai or Seinaru Hi no Inori... what's wrong with you?

Also I'm officially a guppy or something now because I bought those two cheap limited-time holiday packs (using Google Rewards money, but still). Will probably use the µ's one right before the next µ's event, and will hang onto the Aqours one until there's a bigger cardpool for them.

Articalys

Oh, new EN maintenance notice says they're going to start publishing an official English version of the 4koma.

Other stuff:
- Aqours Mijuku Dreamer Rs actually getting released in February on JP
- 3rd single name and date: "HAPPY PARTY TRAIN", April 5. Only need to wait a bit longer to see Kanan center

I can't say I'm too fond of the You Watanabe promo card. Sadly my Pure team could probably benefit her, even more so if/when I raise separate Aqours teams.

I can't be the only one here who finds almost everything about the Love Live! Sunshine to be superior to OG, right?

• CG sequences no longer hit the Uncanny Valley so hard, making the dances much more watchable. Compare Snow Halation vs. Koi ni Naritai Aquarium
  • Characters have more depth beyond their archetypes. Dia is a haughty rich girl, for example, but is a total μ's fangirl and Chika starts out incredibly optimistic like Honoka but eventually
    has to deal with the reality that winning the Love Live is an uphill battle and decide that her group needs to forge their own path out of μ's shadow.
  • Conflicts have more buildup, making the drama feel more satisfying compared to OG LL's "suddenly next episode, EVERYTHING IS SAD!"
  • Aqours' designs & personalities make them feel a little more down-to-earth as characters compared to the "perfect" archetypical beauties of μ's(Nico being the exception).
  • Aqours actually feel like underdogs in an uphill battle to win the Love Live!.
  • More yuri undertones. The only thing that could be better are legitimate lesbian couples.
  • Mari being best Engrish-speaking American since Joseph Joestar.
  • - My only gripe with Sunshine is that they hardly have any truly standout songs. Compared μ's huge collection of hits, I can only count a few of Aqours' best songs on one hand.

And yet, it feels like so much LL discussion is still based around μ's!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
For me, the Muse songs are just more iconic because of the game drilling them into my brain. I can't say that I remember any of the Aqours songs.

Also, Nico is the best. lol

Articalys

I'd address your points individually but I'm really tired right now, but I'll just say having a five-year lead time with a TON of already established media content lets you keep popularity for a while even if your franchise introduces a bunch of new characters. Which is not to say they aren't pushing Sunshine aggressively; I'm still expecting an S2 announcement at the first live in a month.
Also, Nico is the best. lol
nope
though I might be biased since she's really annoying in SIF compared to other portrayals

Hachitora

CG sequences no longer hit the Uncanny Valley so hard, making the dances much more watchable. Compare Snow Halation vs. Koi ni Naritai Aquarium

I'd say this has more to do with them just getting better at their CG. The LL movie's CG was way better than both of these. I really love Aqours tho, they're great! Sunshine - the show - itself wasn't the best, but I didn't really think it was as bad as some people think. But maybe I'm just biased cuz I love the group =w=

I think the Sunshine anime's individual parts are almost all much stronger than the original's, but as a whole, it kind of stumbles and relies much too heavily on the original to the point of it being detrimental. Lots of mixed things, but in theory, Sunshine's second season should be the best one overall.

•While I do enjoy them and all of the characters in general, I found the Sunshine anime's portrayal of the second years to be especially weak in comparison to the rest of Aqours, and most of u's. (You episode was too little, and too late.)
•On a related note, the third and first years of Aqours are pretty much the best written characters to come out of the franchise.
•I think Sunshine's "main drama" with the third year subplot was much better than the Eli subplot in the original as well.
•Sunshine's depiction of Aqours' popularity growth is pretty bullshit with how ridiculously fast it is, especially when they also expect us to believe that they can
get ZERO votes in a competition despite that.
I had similar problems with the original series, but it was nowhere near as bad there.
•Chika is a worse protagonist than Honoka on the sole basis of her having worse hair.
Honoka actually is a much better character, though.
•CG in Sunshine is way better too.
•Daydream Warrior. Daydream Warrior is really fucking good.

Any hopes and dreams for Sunshine!! Season 2?

I've got:
  • Ruby & You get more fleshed out characterization. Bring back some of their personalities from the magazines & early drama CDs.
  • Either A)More comedic Engrish from Mari or B) have her dual-cast with the English VA so she speaks actual English.
  • More great drama.
  • Develop the cast more as a group.
  • No more unwanted groping, Mari!
  • Bring more songs from their PVs and singles in as songs in the anime. Koi Ni Naritai Aquarium deserves special mention.
  • Go further with the Yuri. I want legitimate, canonical relationships.
  • More interaction with rival group Saint Snow. What little interaction there was between u's and A-Rise was good, but Honoka x Tsubasa became amazing shipping potential. I want that to be the same for Saint Snow and Aqours members.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Really want them to just stop teasing Muse and have a cameo. Maybe Honks grows up to be Future Honks and gives advice to Chika or something.

GoXDS

Any hopes and dreams for Sunshine!! Season 2?

I've got:
  • Ruby & You get more fleshed out characterization. Bring back some of their personalities from the magazines & early drama CDs.
  • Either A)More comedic Engrish from Mari or B) have her dual-cast with the English VA so she speaks actual English.
  • More great drama.
  • Develop the cast more as a group.
  • No more unwanted groping, Mari!
  • Bring more songs from their PVs and singles in as songs in the anime. Koi Ni Naritai Aquarium deserves special mention.
  • Go further with the Yuri. I want legitimate, canonical relationships.
  • More interaction with rival group Saint Snow. What little interaction there was between u's and A-Rise was good, but Honoka x Tsubasa became amazing shipping potential. I want that to be the same for Saint Snow and Aqours members.

ironically, Rikyako can actually speak English and has lived in LA for 3 years =P

Really want them to just stop teasing Muse and have a cameo. Maybe Honks grows up to be Future Honks and gives advice to Chika or something.

I'd rather have either no cameos or very vague, implicit cameos. That way, we can keep our own headcanon of where they all are now.

Also, at the end of the series, instead of
Aqours breaking up, they decide to go pro to further distance themselves from u's. At the point of my headcanon, they've become so close of a group that they could barely fathom leaving each other.

i see the results of the aqours election have provided the most tremendous and great result and i look forward to seeing Mari make america shiiiiny again!

nah, any cameos if they should happen should be saved for the inevitable movie. aqours still needs to earn there place at the pantheon of school idoldom. season 2 should be about aqours defining themselves now finally out of µ's shadow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
nah, any cameos if they should happen should be saved for the inevitable movie. aqours still needs to earn there place at the pantheon of school idoldom. season 2 should be about aqours defining themselves now finally out of µ's shadow.
Nico becomes a teacher at their school and they all learn Nico Nico Niiiii.

It could be like K-On! and Sawako. lol

After the stuff in Sunshine episode 12, they shouldn't bring up μ's again at any future point in the series.

Agreed. Even when the show was building up to this episode, the constant nods to μ's were the its' biggest downfall.

What we needed in the first place was an episode that basically recaps all of OG Love Live! for context. I know Macross Delta got a lot of flak for other reasons(which I don't know about), but they were able to add a decent recap of the previous series in a single episode.

Top Bottom