• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: HEAVY RAIN (2010, PS3) (PS Summer Sale PS5, 2016 Remake for PS4)

wipeout364

One of the worst games I have ever played. Terrible gameplay and utter shit writing. I could forgive the gameplay if the story rocked or I could forgive the shit tier writing if the gameplay rocked but this game fails on both fronts. Honestly shocked that it has fans.

wipeout364

There are far far better games in the same genre. All of the Telltale games are better,
Life is Strange is better, Even until Dawn is better.

The Quantum Dream games are trash honestly.
Listen to this guy. In particular Until Dawn blows the doors off the quantum dream games I have played.

DeepSpace5D

It’s very campy but I have alot of love for this game. I got the platinum on PS3. It had a DLC called The Taxidermist that was far creepier than anything in Heavy Rain. Definitely check that out if you can, but I think it was only available on the PS3 version if I’m not mistaken.

Shmunter

It’s very campy but I have alot of love for this game. I got the platinum on PS3. It had a DLC called The Taxidermist that was far creepier than anything in Heavy Rain. Definitely check that out if you can, but I think it was only available on the PS3 version if I’m not mistaken.
Yeah I know, not part of the remaster - and I never played it, loved the original

DeepSpace5D

Yeah I know, not part of the remaster - and I never played it, loved the original
You would like it if you loved the original. It’s pretty dark and tense, relatively short though. They referred to it as episode 1, so they must have had plans for multiple episodes, but The Taxidermist was the only one ever released.

It’s a shame it wasn’t included in the PS4 remaster or the PC version.

reektann

I felt depressed for like 2 days after Heavy Rain as it was so miserable and overcast and raining constantly - plus the worst dad ever was the champion of losing his kids.

Kerotan

They were initially meant to release a lot of dlc scenarios like that. Shame they only ever did 1.

Markio128

I felt depressed for like 2 days after Heavy Rain as it was so miserable and overcast and raining constantly - plus the worst dad ever was the champion of losing his kids.
I could understand your mistake in buying the game if it had been called Sunshine and Flowers, but I reckon the clue was in the title on this occasion.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Heavy Rain is an overrated PS3 game with terrible controls and stupid plot (full of holes and with awful plot twist).
There was a plot twist?

JPSLotus97T

I didn't realize Heavy Rain was the divisive of a game.

I played it on the PS3 originally and I enjoyed it for what it was. I bought the Quantic Dreams pack for the PS4 because I want to play it again along with the other QD offerings. I've played far worse than Heavy Rain so I guess my barometer varies from others.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I didn't realize Heavy Rain was the divisive of a game.

I played it on the PS3 originally and I enjoyed it for what it was. I bought the Quantic Dreams pack for the PS4 because I want to play it again along with the other QD offerings. I've played far worse than Heavy Rain so I guess my barometer varies from others.

Most people feel like you about the game. Don't let GAF confuse you.

dcx4610

I loved the game on the PS3 and replaying it again on PC. People hate on David Cage but I think all of the QD games are unique and interesting. While they may not have much traditional game play, the narrative and stories make up for it. You just have to know what you are getting into.

Heavy Rain tells a hell of a story and I didn't see the twist coming. Great music as well and one of the most beautiful openings I've ever seen.

I highly recommend Beyond and Detroit if you haven't played them. Detroit had some fantastic and creative moments and might be my favorite of the 3 but they are all great.

Top Bottom