• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

khaaan

5th case from the 1st game "Rise from the Ashes" was bad because it draggggggggggged forever. I just wanted to get over with it at one point.

Oh, sorry. I should have clarified that I meant the second game. i.e.

Agreed. It has some of the worst cases of the series, but also the very best.

I thought all the cases in AA2 were fine. I agree that "Rise From the Ashes" was a little weak and the usage of the DS features was a bit of a miss for me but if that's considered the weakest case then I'm pretty happy because overall I still had fun. I'm planning on firing up AA3 soon.

Kinsei

Banned
Oh, sorry. I should have clarified that I meant the second game. i.e.

I thought all the cases in AA2 were fine. I agree that "Rise From the Ashes" was a little weak and the usage of the DS features was a bit of a miss for me but if that's considered the weakest case then I'm pretty happy because overall I still had fun. I'm planning on firing up AA3 soon.

4-3 (Apollo Justice case 3) is another really bad one. Generally the third case in each game is not very good.

Menitta

4-3 (Apollo Justice case 4) is another really bad one. Generally the third case in each game is not very good.

That's interesting. I thought Case 3 of 1 was the weakest. And from what I've heard of Dual Destinies, 3 is the weakest too.

Wonder why that is.

khaaan

That is pretty interesting.

Looking at the original AA cases I would probably agree that case 3 was the weakest even if I enjoyed it. Same goes for AA2.

cHinzo

That's interesting. I thought Case 3 of 1 was the weakest. And from what I've heard of Dual Destinies, 3 is the weakest too.

Wonder why that is.
No, case 2 of Dual Destinies is just plain bad. Boring and bad. Case 3 was just very predictable, but it was a fun case. I would say most case 2s of the Phoenix Wright games are awful. The unnatural shit combined with a dumb unconnected story are just not exciting.

Makonero

No, case 2 of Dual Destinies is just plain bad. Boring and bad. Case 3 was just very predictable, but it was a fun case. I would say most case 2s of the Phoenix Wright games are awful. The unnatural shit combined with a dumb unconnected story are just not exciting.

Um, case 2 of the second game is outstanding. As is case 2 of the first game. The stories are all connected and blow up in a big way in the third game.

Makonero

I highly recommend Ghost Trick also from the creator of Ace Attorney, Shu Takumi.
Secretly better than any of the AA games.

I don't know that I'd say it's better, but it is super amazing. I love Ghost Trick.

OP, don't forget to get the DLC case for Dual Destinies! It's secretly the best case of the fifth game.

Edit: crap, double post. Sorry guys.

cHinzo

Um, case 2 of the second game is outstanding. As is case 2 of the first game. The stories are all connected and blow up in a big way in the third game.
Hmm, gotta agree it kinda varies with the games. Case 3 of game 1 and 2 are the weakest in their respective games, while case 2 in 3 and DD were both not enjoyable. I don't think Apollo Justice had any good cases outside the first one. The final one was just weird and it seems they just ignored what happened at the end of AJ in the later games.

Jeffrey

Is the anime any good? I saw one scene on YouTube and it looked awesome.

its good. does it's own modifications to help with the format, and I feel like all the changes help flesh out stuff better.

Personally think 1-5 is the single best case in the series. tag teaming with edgeworth. soo good.

Menitta

its good. does it's own modifications to help with the format, and I feel like all the changes help flesh out stuff better.

Personally think 1-5 is the single best case in the series. tag teaming with edgeworth. soo good.

Great. I'll definitely watch it once I finish the last case of 1.

That easily saved Case 3 of AA1. Edgeworth is so damn cool.

Top Bottom