• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

Flandy

Enjoy it while you can. You're going to finish them and still want more :p
Make sure to play them in order of release

Skelter

Banned
Enjoy it while you can. You're going to finish them and still want more :p
Make sure to play them in order of release

Oh yea I can't play a game out of order.

I actually prefer Dual Destiny's artstyle. The characters seem a ton more vibrant and alive in 3D:

tumblr_inline_mnceghRGos1r8lnix.gif

tumblr_inline_mvgpnzpSC51s6pfvo.gif

They look great but its going to be awhile before I get to play DD. Capcom has some secret sauce for making 3DS games.

OP I'm going to be very disappointed if you don't post your reactions for the final case of Dual Destinies.

Ha that will take some time.

sjay1994

Being very far through that case at the moment, I totalled baffled as to who the killer is. Usually with Ace Attorney it's
the patriarchal authority figure that's the murderer. Right now it feel like it has to be like, ...I don't know... a ninja or something? I don't see any suspect that really fits.

Keep playing... the events leading up to the killers reveal are bat shit insane.

Flandy

Oh yea I can't play a game out of order.

Ace Attorney Investigations is optional. It takes place before AJ but it came out after it. It'll have a reference or two to AJ so I recommend you play it after AJ if you do decide to play it. Though it looks like you already would have done that without me telling you

Isotope

Being very far through that case at the moment, I totalled baffled as to who the killer is. Usually with Ace Attorney it's
the patriarchal authority figure that's the murderer. Right now it feel like it has to be like, ...I don't know... a ninja or something? I don't see any suspect that really fits.

The reaction when you realize everything will be worth it.

Fuck me...
read the first part of the thread earlier thin king most of the talk was about AA1, came back to the thread expecting the same, looked at the spoilers to find out its AA5..
DAMN IT!!!!!

I can assure you that there are no spoilers regarding AA5. If you mean TheRedSnifit's post specifically, then don't worry, as it's NOT a spoiler on who the killer is.

Jeb

Fuck me...
read the first part of the thread earlier thinking most of the talk was about AA1, came back to the thread expecting the same, looked at the spoilers to find out its AA5..
DAMN IT!!!!!

Guys, can we try to hold back spoilers in future games when it comes to LTTP threads? normally this would be safe territory.

ss-hikaru

Fuck me...
read the first part of the thread earlier thin king most of the talk was about AA1, came back to the thread expecting the same, looked at the spoilers to find out its AA5..
DAMN IT!!!!!

I did the exact same thing... so sad right now.

You're going to love it ;)

FluxWaveZ

Fuck me...
read the first part of the thread earlier thinking most of the talk was about AA1, came back to the thread expecting the same, looked at the spoilers to find out its AA5..
DAMN IT!!!!!

Guys, can we try to hold back spoilers in future games when it comes to LTTP threads? normally this would be safe territory.

I did the exact same thing... so sad right now.

Heh, I wouldn't worry so much. I don't think you guys have actually been spoiled on anything yet.

But be wary in the future, until you play the game, in AA related topics.

Should've played 1-5 between AA3 and AA4 (because it's not exactly canon to the first trilogy), but otherwise, welcome to Ace Attorney!

The fifth game was my GOTY 2013. Rest assured that if you love the characters, the games just get better and better.

Capcom has some secret sauce for making 3DS games.

MT Framework Mobile is some wizardry, all right.

FluxWaveZ

Not funny bro, genuinely pissed here.
I was really looking forward to it, just gave up long hunt locally for a copy of Apollo Justice to get it online just so I can continue the series into 5, was really looking forward to it.
I'll trust the guy who said I still don't know anything but it still kinda feels like shit.

Unless I missed a real quick stealth edit, believe me, don't worry about it.

That above .gif, though, is very inconsiderate, however.

Not funny bro, genuinely pissed here.
I was really looking forward to it, just gave up long hunt locally for a copy of Apollo Justice to get it online just so I can continue the series into 5, was really looking forward to it.
I'll trust the guy who said I still don't know anything but it still kinda feels like shit.

You're feeling like shit because you clicked a spoiler tag and weren't spoiled? I don't follow.

I tried to make that "spoiler" as goofy and unbelievable as possible, but I guess it wasn't enough.

Jeb

You're feeling like shit because you clicked a spoiler tag and weren't spoiled? I don't follow.

I don't know what to think right now, I'm just hoping what ever I just saw won't hinder my experience with the game,I'm thinking of avoiding all AA threads till I finish 4 and 5.

rekameohs

Banned
I don't the think the .gif on this page is very nice. May give away something behind a certain character.

The spoiler tagged post from TheRedSnifit is just a joke; that's fine.

ss-hikaru

Heh, I wouldn't worry so much. I don't think you guys have actually been spoiled on anything yet.

But be wary in the future, until you play the game, in AA related topics.

I just got reassurance that it's not a spoiler but I have learnt my lesson. No more AA topics for me since I'll probably always be behind the latest installment.

Enjoy the series OP, try not to burn out :)

I don't the think the .gif on this page is very nice. May give away something behind a certain character.

The spoiler tagged post from TheRedSnifit is just a joke; that's fine.

Okay, yeah, I'll delete the gif. It's always been one of my favorite animations, though :(

Someone else'll have to edit the quote, though.

GamerJM

Banned

God, I'm still kinda pissed I had this spoiled for me. Some guy on GameFAQs PMed me the true culprit the night before the game released (dude hates the series, he just looked it up on some Wiki). I spent the next three days marathoning through the game because I was paranoid I'd get more spoiled for me V_V.

God, I'm still kinda pissed I had this spoiled for me. Some guy on GameFAQs PMed me the true culprit the night before the game released (dude hates the series, he just looked it up on some Wiki). I spent the next three days marathoning through the game because I was paranoid I'd get more spoiled for me V_V.

How Terrible! Forget the dark age of the law, its the dark age of the internet...

Like people said, T&T is the best. And for good reason. I'd say skip the miles edgeworth spinoff. It's trash and this is coming from a guy who has played the entire series multiple times over.

Zalman

Like people said, T&T is the best. And for good reason. I'd say skip the miles edgeworth spinoff. It's trash and this is coming from a guy who has played the entire series multiple times over.
I disagree. I love Investigations. Don't skip it.

Don't skip Investigations. (And if you can play the second one too, that's even better since it's incredible.)

Don't skip anything.

I disagree. AAI is at least better than AA4.

...OK, there's that stupid testimony, but still. It's at least worth playing. I personally rank the game in my top 3.

Jeb

Just want to say this before I start avoiding these threads, I appreciate the way you guys are trying to calm me down, and I know I over react sometimes and I'm sorry for that.
Whether it has anything to do in the actual games, there is one way to find out.
AA Gaf, see ya after I beat AA5, and OP, your doing something so very right.
You wouldn't believe the amount of people who would dismiss this series over the genre, the platform or rather the type of platform, or for the most shallow of all reasons, the graphics.
A lot of my friends are reluctant to touch it for those reasons and it's nice to see the after effects of those who do take the plunge.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Keep playing, because the best is yet to come. T&T overall is the best game in the trilogy, with an extraordinary final case (including excellent build-up leading up to it).

I made it to the third case of AJ but still have to go back. DkS II release might have something to do with it, but I'm not enjoying it as much as the original trilogy.

GamerJM

Banned
I disagree. AAI is at least better than AA4.

...OK, there's that stupid testimony, but still. It's at least worth playing. I personally rank the game in my top 3.

AA4, AAI, and AAI2 are all around the same level for me personally. All games have moments of greatness but they also have issues.

People hate DD´s killer for going in a completely new direction as far as main antagonists go.

I absolutely loved it. Fantastic game as well.

GamerJM

Banned
You think AAI2 is among the lesser tier AA games?

I'm playing it right now and I'm on the last case, and honestly, yeah. If the last case stays consistent with the rest of the game then it's at the bottom with AA2 for me (though I expect the last case to get amazing since I've heard such). I don't really like any of the characters (I mean, I like Miles Edgeworth/Reiji Mitsurugi and Kay/Ichijou, but I feel like they're not really enough growth with them and they had already-complete character arcs) and the pacing just feels really slow at certain points. Some of these cases went on for longer than they should have IMO. Additionally nothing in the game has really shocked me so far. I will say that case 3 was pretty cool even though it shared some of these problems, I really dig the (ACE ATTORNEY INVESTIGATIONS 2 MINOR SPOILERS)
flashback route they took

Though I guess I'm getting pretty off-topic here :p.

GSR

I'm playing it right now and I'm on the last case, and honestly, yeah. If the last case stays consistent with the rest of the game then it's at the bottom with AA2 for me (though I expect the last case to get amazing since I've heard such). I don't really like any of the characters (I mean, I like Miles Edgeworth/Reiji Mitsurugi and Kay/Ichijou, but I feel like they're not really enough growth with them and they had already-complete character arcs) and the pacing just feels really slow at certain points. Some of these cases went on for longer than they should have IMO. Additionally nothing in the game has really shocked me so far. I will say that case 3 was pretty cool even though it shared some of these problems, I really dig the (ACE ATTORNEY INVESTIGATIONS 2 MINOR SPOILERS)

I can agree with this, honestly. AAI2 has its good points, but the pacing is a bit slow for my tastes, and they're really trying to wring blood from a stone with Edgeworth's character.

That said, I appreciate them trying the overall story route they did, of (vague AAI2 spoilers with regards to plot structure)
tying all the cases together directly.
It's a shift for the series, and I don't think they quite stuck the landing on it, but it's interesting to see.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
One of my favorite series ever. Enjoy it while you can because the ride is definitely amazing and all comes together in the last game very well. I envy you because I'd like to experience it for the first time again. Incredible trilogy.

I've finished replaying the trilogy just this week and was surprised at how much I liked the first game more than the two sequels.

The final cases of 2 and 3 seem to be most peoples favourites but they both felt overlong with too much padding whilst frequently not making a great deal of sense.
The constant reuse of characters in the sequels also felt lazy.

That's too bad.

Personally, I think the story and characters of AAI2 are phenomenal. The last case blew my socks right off, and I love how the whole game has one story arc that runs through the whole game.

I really, reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally love it.

Started with Dual Destiny and well,...

I'm hooked. I want to play them all now.

Thing is, I'm from Europe and it looks like the first one and Investigations are rather expensive. :( Have the other three already, but want to start with first one after Dual Destiny... :(

GamerJM

Banned
Started with Dual Destiny and well,...

I'm hooked. I want to play them all now.

Thing is, I'm from Europe and it looks like the first one and Investigations are rather expensive. :( Have the other three already, but want to start with first one after Dual Destiny... :(

They're also available on WiiWare and iOS if you don't care about physical copies.

Top Bottom