• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Power Rangers Battle for the Grid

Hotspurr

Banned
I happened to grab this game the other day and wanted to do a little PSA about it.
When it released it lacked content, but now it has been fleshed out quite a bit. This is a Power Rangers fighting game that was designed by folks intimately familiar with the FGC and consulted by Justin Wong.

Here are a few screenshots:

WR7Moqo.jpg

N1HzzwO.jpg

GWFuiMc.png

The feature set is as follows:
- 3v3 battles (like MvC)
- plays a bit like MvC and Skullgirls
- specials are straightforward (like Smash)
- has a story mode
- very easy to get into but hard to master, puts emphasis more on mind games rather than inputs
- current character cast of 15 (12 base characters, 3 paid DLC)
- crossplay Xbox and Switch, soon on PC
- Game runs exceptionally well on Switch, graphics of quality seen above
- 19.99 for base game, 39.99 for collectors edition. Current on sale 40% for 11.99 and 23.99 respectively on the eShop.

Current cast:

JPqIwCu.png

Pretty nice review/overview made recently:

My take on it: I really liked Street Fighter 5 combat (despite the mess of a launch), but the inputs are somewhat difficult and a fightstick is somewhat necessary to do well. Arc System Works makes decent games, but they are too flashy in my opinion, and again, lots of complexity. Mortal Kombat/Injustice is too clunky for my taste. In my opinion this game is a good balance of flash, excellent presentation and animation, and relatively straightforward fighting system to pick up and play with people who aren't even all that good at fighting games. There is tremendous combo and skill potential, however. This one may not be for the hardcore SF5 or Tekken crowd, but a very decent game for your average fighting game fan.

Cravis

I totally agree with you. It’s a gem of a title. Developers deserve huge props for taking what could have been licensed shovelware and actually making an effort to craft an enjoyable fighting game.

I’d recommend the version with the season pass. Lord Zedd is INSANE.

Nymphae

Banned
I want this but I still consider it a rip off at the asking price. I heard a rumour of a physical version potentially being released later this year, I might bite then.

Top Bottom