• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Spider-Man Miles Morales 2020 PS5

the swinging is vastly improved with all the new animations and the way they blend together. spider-man 2 is probably my most anticipated game in 2023. ps5 only too!

Last edited:

GymWolf

Other aspects that really stand out like destruction, NPC interactions, and the sounds (So good) barely got mentioned.
Not gonna lie, i see nothing special in any of that except maybe the main theme if we talk audio.

Miles VA was a bit too much on the alvin the chipmunk side for my taste :lollipop_squinting:

Scripted distruction like the rhyno sequence or the bridge sequence are not that impressive (focus on scripted), infamous 3 has more destruction overall.

And giving high fives to npc on the streets is really nothing special compared to stuff like gta5, rdr2 or even wd2.

The game is clearly a crossgen with some nice effects, spidey on ps4 pro still looks fantastic to this day.

I expect a far bigger jump with spidey 2 only on ps5, the first trailer didn't really shocked me.

Last edited:

GymWolf

the swinging is vastly improved with all the new animations and the way they blend together. spider-man 2 is probably my most anticipated game in 2023. ps5 only too!
Really? to me it just looked like they used different animations because miles is still a noob.

Maybe it was the 60 frames against the 30 of spidey?

Last edited:

isoRhythm

Banned
Not gonna lie, i see nothing special in any of that except maybe the main theme if we talk audio.

Miles VA was a bit too much on the alvin the chipmunk side for my taste :lollipop_squinting:
Oh for sounds I meant more like the city sounds, it's very immersive. Ik RDR2 has far more advanced NPCS, but I was cracking up at all the cheesy stuff the NPCs would shout.

I played the first S-M on PS4 (and I liked it a lot), and then when I got a PS5 (several months ago?) I upgraded S-M and bought this, but haven't touched them. I really should make these the things I play over Thanksgiving.

Edit: Okay, swinging around the city is positively gorgeous on the PS5 version.

Last edited:
Didn’t really give the first Spider-Man game a chance on PS4. Just seemed like Batman’s poor cousin of a game

picked up miles m on ps5 and so far I am really enjoying just mainly hanging out swinging around the city goofing around. Maybe getting in the odd fight

like the almost lack of loading, a lot of the animations especially when swinging about and just the sound of the city. It has an ‘alive’ sort of vibe, maybe not the best city in a game. But I think they captured the spirit and always on the go feel.

nowhere near finished, but already thinking new game +, at 60 fps and rt. (then maybe the original Spider-Man, with the update will get a second chance)

pretty good for a launch game 👍😎 (so far)

Vyse

Gold Member
I’m playing it as well. The game is beautiful and being a native of NY, love swinging around my old stomping ground.

AmuroChan

I love all the little tweaks and improvements they made in MM. Not to mention Miles' powers are just so much fun. Can't wait 'til Spidey 2.

RPS37

I need advice. I really want to play MM, but I got it with Remastered.
I’m at 90% complete on the original game and I’ve not played any of the DLC.
Would it be wise to play the DLC missions first?
Would I even want to play the DLC missions after I finish MM?

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I played the first, 20 mins and haven't touched it. I liked the first, but it turned into one of those games where I did missions to just progress the excellent story, the gameplay started to feel to tedious and chore like after about 8hrs.

I will eventually get round to playing it, but i got it cos im weak and i wanted something to impress me with the ps5.

Im getting older lol, i really dont like lots of menus, upgrades, moves list etc, it just feels like homework. If I want a brain workout Ill play chess or learn a language, in videogames I dont want have to remember like 25moves.

Last edited:

RPS37

Im getting older lol, i really dont like lots of menus, upgrades, moves list etc, it just feels like homework. If I want a brain workout Ill play chess or learn a language, in videogames I dont want have to remember like 25moves.
The original Spiderman has some of the simplest most streamlined upgrade system ever.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
The original Spiderman has some of the simplest most streamlined upgrade system ever.

Yes it was simple that you select the thing you want to upgrade and u press x, but there were quite a lot of things to upgrade. im more talking about its not the easiest game to remember all the moves.

Its more of a "me" problem. I just dont like games where I have to re learn everything if I haven't played it in a while.
Once Ive learned everything and am well practiced spiderman is great, but theres other games competing for my time.

RPS37

Yes it was simple that you select the thing you want to upgrade and u press x, but there were quite a lot of things to upgrade. im more talking about its not the easiest game to remember all the moves.

Its more of a "me" problem. I just dont like games where I have to re learn everything if I haven't played it in a while.
Once Ive learned everything and am well practiced spiderman is great, but theres other games competing for my time.
Lol I gotchu I see you in the Halo thread!

Dibils2k

it was perfect game for PS5 launch

but to me people who didnt play in fidelity mode just got a tamer experience, enjoying the sharpness and RT reflections (first high quality RT in console games) on a new system was truly great. Mistake people make is that they switch between the two and make a judgement... obviously 60fps will feel/look smoother, but 30fps mode is perfectly fine if you dont hve the 60fps mode next to it or back to back :messenger_tears_of_joy: you dont even think about it after 10mins

if i played on performance i dont think i would have been as impressed

my only real complaint with the game was the Miles Morales voice

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
I’m playing it now. Nice Christmas game, didn’t realise it was set in December. Definitely not a patch on the main game story/character wise, and Miles has a really annoying whiny voice. That said the web swinging is cool just like in the original game and it’s amazing amazing looking game. I’d say the 85 meta is about right.

A.Romero

I'm itching to play this game but I'm not sure I want to pay what it costs over here (Mexico).

I loved Marvel's Spiderman to bits. The only game I have platinum for. Because of PSN regions issues I can't get the DLC for the original and I feel it would be stupid to get the GOTY edition or the MM version that includes the remaster.

It might come to PS+ eventually... I've been holding out. Once I finish GoT on PS5, Judgement is next. Afterwards I might bite the bullet.

amc

I fancy this but waiting on GBP price drop as I want the Ultimate edition for 60 fps Spider Man. I'd have paid £70 at launch but now it's been out a while and I only bought my PS5 a few months back I'm gonna wait for a drop. Got to finish Souls, Returnal and Ratchet anyway.

Damn at those Brazilian prices too, I wish I was paying the equivalent of £47.00 for the ultimate compared to £70 over here, that's a great price. Shame it works out too spicy for a Brazilian mind.

Last edited:

RPS37

I have to apologize to sosokrates.
I just started Miles Morales and shit is lightweight more complicated than I remember the first game being. Kind of overwhelming.

Top Bottom