• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Stargate Atlantis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuchsdh

The final SG1 movie was suppose to take place/release before SGU was a thing, and yes
they were going to publicly disclose the program to the public. SGU would have either dealt with that differently or taken place before it.

The whole Eli thing in SGU was essentially going to have tied into that Stargate MMO that never happened either. Really as a franchise Stargate imploded rather spectacularly, which is a shame (especially since some of it was just MGM stupidity rather than the fault of the shows), but maybe it was better to leave it where it is.

Either way if they reboot it you've still got at least 8 or 9 solid seasons worth of good episodes to enjoy from all the series.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
A brilliant SCI-FI series that badly missed. The Wraith was a brilliant touch.

All Stargate is fantastic although the least said about SGU the better.

About 3 reasons inIaand think its very uneven.
I really liked the first season and thought ford was a great character. Then they threw him aside and squandered him. And then it felt like the show started going downhill fast. Not to mention that they are the bad guys every second time they encounter someone. They start conflicts and then destroys the other ones and behave like they were bad guys all along.

Look at the replicators. They are offered an opportunity to make them none hostile right when they meet them, but decide to destroy them instead, betraying the trust of the replicator who helped them. And every time they met ford they gave him less and less season to trust them. Damnit !

Its only annoying because the show can be really good at times. Its just very uneven.

gabbo

The whole Eli thing in SGU was essentially going to have tied into that Stargate MMO that never happened either. Really as a franchise Stargate imploded rather spectacularly, which is a shame (especially since some of it was just MGM stupidity rather than the fault of the shows), but maybe it was better to leave it where it is.

Either way if they reboot it you've still got at least 8 or 9 solid seasons worth of good episodes to enjoy from all the series.

I really do want to know if Eli steers the Destiny towards the God signal and get there

Boko21

Neo Member
I must say, I enjoy Atlantis a lot more than i do the other two. Mostly, due to the characters. I'm on season 4 but I did skip some episodes. This show has encouraged me to watch the rest of SG1 and Universe.

Mckay is my favorite character between all 3 series. Shepard feels more relatable, and more less super human than O'Neil, which is a plus in my book. Teyla is basically Teal'c, but less rigid, also a plus to me. Ford wasn't anyone special, but I liked him, but I'm glad Ronan came along.

I totally agree, the characters make Atlantis way more interesting than the other Stargates. SG1 took many seasons to find the right balance of humor and serious, and Universe tried to cut out most of the humor (worst of the three by far!). O'Neill was the only character outside of Atlantis that consistently made me smile.

Atlantis started off with almost every character having a great sense of humor. McKay is my favorite character in all of Stargate, and I loved just about any conversation he'd have with Shepard or Zelenka. I also loved Shepard, and Ford fit really well with him for the first season. I was sad when Ford left, and even sadder when Ronon came on. In a show full of great characters and dialogue, Ronon was a personality black hole. He's great on Game of Thrones or the Conan remake, because he can grunt and be a badass very well. But I could not stand him on SGA. I wasn't a big fan of Teyla either, but she at least TRIED to develop a personality (Teal'c was more successful on that count).

It was disheartening that the last Stargate was by far the worst. I didn't mind SGU's cancellation but I really wanted a new Stargate in its place. I'm hoping that Dark Matter can eventually fill that hole in my heart.

danm999

Wish Syfy went back to great shows like this, great character chemistry. Love how they kept it real with Mckay saying Zed PM, instead of ZPM

I seem to remember this exchange between Shephard and McKay where some dignitary asked them if they too executed prisoners on Earth and McKay gave a snarky answer of "well, SOME of us still do" and Shephard was all like can we not right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom