• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Wolfenstein The New Order

j0hnnix

I got this and the old blood on BF.. But my god it's taking forever to install on my Xbox one. Shoot GOW took two days to finish.

I just finished The New Order and started The Old Blood. My biggest question right now is, what is Machine Games doing next?

Rumor is a Wolfenstein The New Order sequel coming in 2017. Anya's voice actress let it slip a while back.

Can't wait to see how they expand on this story, hopefully with a better engine.

I finished this on 360 last night. Was really good, but with some definite pacing issues. There'd be times I'd feel like I'm playing Quake and the next thing everything just slows down. I'd like to add I bitched out at the last mission and set the difficulty to Don't Hurt Me since I was just getting wiped out so quick in those last few encounters. The ending left me cold - I wanted to know what BJ and Anya did... but alas.

TheKevn

Just got the plat. Some frustrating parts on Uber difficulty but really good overall story and great gameplay mechanics. 8/10 linear fps

krang

I picked this up during the Black Friday digital deals. Absolutely love it.

I'm really curious how it goes down with younger gamers. I'm 32 and it brings back memories of late 1990s / early 2000s shooters which were a lot simpler than they tend to be these days. No nonsense, not very serious, just straight up fun shooting.

I'm really curious how it goes down with younger gamers. I'm 32 and it brings back memories of late 1990s / early 2000s shooters which were a lot simpler than they tend to be these days. No nonsense, not very serious, just straight up fun shooting.
I'm 19, and played stuff like Doom/Quake/Unreal Tournament when I was 10 or so since we had such a crap PC at the time. I warmed to them fast, gameplay particularly in Doom was so fun. I was worried when I picked this up it might be similar to Doom 3 where the action just wasn't as prominent but within 30 minutes I could tell this felt like a modernized Quake. Gunplay is fantastic in this game.

dogen

Rumor is a Wolfenstein The New Order sequel coming in 2017. Anya's voice actress let it slip a while back.

Can't wait to see how they expand on this story, hopefully with a better engine.

Isn't that a given? In any case, I'm not sure why people focus on this game's engine as if it's some kind of problem. It looked pretty nice and ran extremely well.

dlauv

What do you mean? It's basically like any modern shooter: a corridor with turret and stealth sections. Older shooters were labyrinthine and kind of no-nonsense about gameplay variety.

I've only played TNO, so I can't speak on The Old Blood.

While I really had fun with the core gameplay, the straight-forward level design and constant story interruptions really dampened my enjoyment. I can appreciate the effort and detail that went into the story and all, but I can't help but wish it had gone into the level design instead.

Top Bottom