• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucario confirmed for Super Smash Brothers Wii U/3DS

My favorite character! Now, do I want to spend the money on a Wii U? Ehhhhh....

Of course you do. It has great games. If you bought a PS4 already despite its weak lineup and haven't bought a Wii U yet (with its superior current lineup) then I don't know what to tell you.

PS4 is an EA machine right now. (even though that will change and it have some great stuff around the holidays)

entremet

Lucario is one of the most popular pokes. No surprise. He's especially popular with the generation of kids who started on Gen IV.

rawktapus

A lot of people think Lucario's final smash will be changed to represent Mega Evolutions, but I think it's more likely they'll give that to Mewtwo. I know he's not confirmed, but I really think he'll be back.

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
I really like lucario, it was one of my favorites from x & y (i returned to the series with y)
I like that he is back in smash but I have to say, I fucking hate that scene. I had my very own lucario and they gave me another, I just released it when that thing was done.

Yeah. Same here (except I just shoved it in a box instead of releasing it).

I caught my first Riolu at the beginning of the game and stuck with that one as my main fighter, I was actually pretty lucky with it considering it had a great nature and was female. I called it Emissary too because I'm lame and that into Smash Bros. 40+ levels later...

My luck just felt a bit wasted when the game itself gives you this Lucario for free, with a megastone and the Lucario itself has great IV's for future stats. It sucked, and was actually superior to the one I was lucky with. Ugh.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Am I the only one as a kid who thought Mewtwo looked ugly and didn't care for him when playing Red/Blue?

Revven

Lucario will forever remain mediocre as long as he has that dumb Aura mechanic attached to himself. Seriously, nerfed at the beginning of every stock is awful because the first 50% or so can determine the momentum of a match and if it doesn't swing in your favor from the start by the time you actually can do something with the 100% or so Aura, you're probably fucked.

Not to mention that stronger Aura means if you try to combo someone (if there are combos in this game...) they'll always get knocked away instead so you can't really follow-up.

Dumb mechanic + what looks to be zero move set changes = mediocrity.

Forkball

You know, Mewtwo could have a legit shot of being put back in since he had two mega evolutions in XY and was obtainable in the game. Now's the time!

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Is it possible for someone to turn this into an Avatar for me?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t31/1795830_582089128532492_911071467_o.jpg

I tried searching for the avatar request thread but could not locate it :(
I love Lucario, he is one of my altime favorite Pokémon, I did not use him during XY though.

5TphFiP.png

or

7f3pEJy.png

Koppai

third option, based on the image you posted in the avatar request thread:

UrNsBhK.png
You are amazing thanks again, I will probably alternate between them as time goes by :)

Give me your NNID and 3DS FC and I will add you so we can play together when it comes out <3

Can't wait to play as Lucario, he is just so colorful and such a badass!

I don't like Lucario's design but he plays quite well in Project M.

I'm just worried we're gonna end up with the same fucking Pokemon in this game

Jiggs, Pikachu, Lucario, maybe Gen 1 Pokemon trainer and that'll be that

rawktapus

Why not both.

Definitely a possibility, but so far we haven't seen many changes to veterans move sets or final smashes, so I'm just assuming he'll keep his aura beam. It would be neat if he mega evolved upon taking enough damage as a way to show you've maxed your aura, though.

Oswen

If slots are truly limited i'd be more worried about Pokemon Trainer than Mewtwo not making it since the latter was at least mentioned by Sakurai as a possibility.

Lucario will forever remain mediocre as long as he has that dumb Aura mechanic attached to himself. Seriously, nerfed at the beginning of every stock is awful because the first 50% or so can determine the momentum of a match and if it doesn't swing in your favor from the start by the time you actually can do something with the 100% or so Aura, you're probably fucked.

Not to mention that stronger Aura means if you try to combo someone (if there are combos in this game...) they'll always get knocked away instead so you can't really follow-up.

Mediocre? He's high-tier in Brawl.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

If we believe that having the same moves makes a character identical, then Fox and Falco are identical. And lawd save me from people if I were to claim that.

The actual performance of Lucario's moveset could be considerably tweaked, even with the "moves" being the same. We'll have to see how he actually plays!

bolded could be its own sentence used to describe Brawl in its entirety rather than simply just Lucario. He's a wonderful character in Brawl and though Aura is iffy we haven't seen the extent of the underlying gameplay changes between this game and the last so you can't make the judgement that Lucario will be any worse or better at this stage - even if he boasted the exact same moveset with no changes besides what the core gameplay differences mandate

Lucario was more held back by the fact that you can't be a character that's good on the field but has trouble getting back in Brawl (which can describe pretty much more than half of the cast). I remember feeling that Lucario could fight just fine even without the Aura boost, it just took longer.

I... don't see how that's relevant to my statement.

Incidentally, Lucario was one of the few characters that can consistently combo, using his f-air.

If nobody can reliably combo, lack of combos is not a detriment
coincidentally, it's the reason why the Ice Climbers are also better in Brawl than Melee, because they have the same grab infinites, but everyone else can't combo them as well

i remember when they revealed mega mewtwo for pokemon x/y last year, i was super excited because i thought it gave the developpers an excuse to put mewtwo back in the game where he belongs.

and then a couple months later they unveiled lucario's mega form and just...uhhh.

honestly fuck lucario. i don't who thought that because lucario was added to the game that meant they didn't need/have time to implement mewtwo, but whoever made that call i hope he/she was fired.

Top Bottom