• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucario confirmed for Super Smash Brothers Wii U/3DS

Mr-Joker

Banned
Does this confirm no Mewtwo for sure? I hope not. :(

No it does not. Remember Sakurai isn't showing off unlockable Characters so what we see isn't the full picture.

i remember when they revealed mega mewtwo for pokemon x/y last year, i was super excited because i thought it gave the developpers an excuse to put mewtwo back in the game where he belongs.

and then a couple months later they unveiled lucario's mega form and just...uhhh.

honestly fuck lucario. i don't who thought that because lucario was added to the game that meant they didn't need/have time to implement mewtwo, but whoever made that call i hope he/she was fired.

Yes a person got fired because they upset Dusk Solder over one tiny thing.

No not really because they would be a stupid reason

I really like lucario, it was one of my favorites from x & y (i returned to the series with y)
I like that he is back in smash but I have to say, I fucking hate that scene. I had my very own lucario and they gave me another, I just released it when that thing was done.

That scene is one of the problem I have with the game is the fact it purely exist as a tutorial for Mega evolution and you were forced to do it. Completely ruined my no Mega evolution run.

Blizzard

Banned
Other than Mega man, there have been zero exciting roster announcements. *sigh*
I'm really looking forward to Wii Fit Trainer and Rosalina, both of which look awesome to play as, possibly more so than Megaman.

Villager also looks entertaining. But of course everyone has their own definition of "exciting". :p

Don't worry, guys. Mewtwo was featured very strongly in the advertising for Pokemon XY, there's pretty much zero chance he won't be in.

The Pokemon roster will be the four characters from Brawl plus Mewtwo. It will be boring and lack newcomers, but will make most people happy so that's all right I guess.

Lucario's better than Mewtwo anyway since he's more unique and reps a generation that's not 1. Smash desperately needs some diversification when it comes to Pokemon Gen repping.

Turok_TTZ

Lucario returns? Le Sigh...
didn't like him in pokemon, certainly didn't like in brawl, forgettable pokemon and smash moveset yet returns? disappointing.

Artorias

Banned
I really disliked Brawl and I'm not too hot on the series as a whole but those screenshots are so pretty. I will probably buy this.

People whining about Mewtwo not making it are probably going to look very stupid. I can't believe Lucario is causing this much whining.

Lucario

Mr._Salt.gif

Mr-Joker

Banned
didn't like him in pokemon, certainly didn't like in brawl, forgettable pokemon and smash moveset yet returns? disappointing.

Eh bien quelqu'un est salée.

Désolé si mon français est nul, il a été fait via google translate

People hate on lucario but that down air cuts straight through haters. Plus this doesn't mean mewtwo isn't in the game. There are much more egregious clones that made it in already in past games.

sn00zer

so excited...BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CHANGE THAT DOWN B...absolutely useless....also his up B.....but please leave his awesome side B....grab and pucnh to the face

Meh @ Lucario, again. :|

If Mewtwo doesn't make the cut because of him then I'll be pissed, again. :|

Mewtwo is way more iconic.

Yes, it's all Lucario's fault that Mewtwo didn't make it in. Curse Sakurai for not prioritizing one of the most popular new Pokemon at the time. Should've been six generation 1 Pokemon in Brawl, damn it!

good god people bitching and whining about Mewtwo are so damn annoying, Lucario has absolutely nothing to do with whether Mewtwo comes back or not

Anyway glad he's back, he was my main in Brawl.

Blues1990

screen-4.jpg

I hate to be cheeky about this, but I find it funny that Mega Man actually has a "new" expression in this screenshot.

Still, this fighting type Pokemon is much welcomed in my book. Out of the new blood that was introduced in Brawl, Lucario was the biggest surprise for me & he was a fun character to play as. It does make me wonder if they do include his Mega Evolution for his Final Smash, though.

sn00zer

screen-4.jpg

I hate to be cheeky about this, but I find it funny that Mega Man actually has a "new" expression in this screenshot.

Still, this fighting type Pokemon is much welcomed in my book. Out of the new blood that was introduced in Brawl, Lucario was the biggest surprise for me & he was a fun character to play as. It does make me wonder if they do include his Mega Evolution for his Final Smash, though.
Thats actually good...I get that the :| face is more in line with his sprite, but it really doesnt match any concept art ...he's always making faces...just NES couldnt so he got stuck with one

Wensih

screen-4.jpg

What's that yellow giant from?

Speaking of Fire Emblem Awakening, I wish Chrom was in it more so than Marth who's never appeared in an American Fire Emblem outside of original's remake that appeared on the DS. I guess it's for Japanese Fan service. Chrom just seems more relevant for today though.

Dr. Buni

Lol @ the people who said Lucario would be removed, because supposedly it isn't "important" to the Pokémon series. Good to see it is back and looking truly great! The visual style of both SSB4 versions makes its color scheme really shine. Anyway, I hope Mega Lucario is present in some way as well, perhaps as Lucario's final smash. Now, just bring Mewtwo back, I am far from being a fan of the legendary, but removing it from the series was a very poor decision.

Honest question. Why do people like this character?

Because he's the poster child for the furry community. Mewtwo is better in every conceivable way.

Lucario fucking sucks. God dammit, so much for getting Mewtwo back.

This piece of shit is like the Sonic of Pokemon. Trying to make an "edgy" character and shit. Absolutely awful.

Damnit, I did not want Lucario to return. There goes most of my hope for mewtwo.

Again? This piece of shit instead of Mewtwo? Sigh.

Really? Lucario again? ...

Call me whenever the far more interesting pokémons Mewtwo and Jigglypuff are revealed.

Sonic, Lucario and toon link are wasted roster spots.

Replace lucario with Greninja

replace toon link with Skull Kid.

replace sonic with Ice climbers.

Furry.

... Not "hating" or trying to be funny, it's well known that the furry fan base in the Pokemon fandom runs deep and Lucario stuck a strong note with them.

Anyway, this doesn't mean Mewtwo is a no go nor does it mean we're not getting a 6th genner rep. My money's on Sylveon.

Meh. XY cemented my hatred for Lucario with that stupid Mega Evolution sub "plot."

Eh.

Would have preferred a new pokemon.

Plus Lucario just fucking sucks. Even the ice cream cone pokemon is better then him.

Looks like a fairly shit character.

Is he popular in a tv series or something?

Boo!
Why can't they include a pokemon like Hitmolee or Machamp?

I didn't care about him in brawl and I'll continue to not care now.

Meh @ Lucario, again. :|

If Mewtwo doesn't make the cut because of him then I'll be pissed, again. :|

Mewtwo is way more iconic.

the salt is real
gifstache.com_1828_1347242405.gif

Top Bottom