• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lucario confirmed for Super Smash Brothers Wii U/3DS

Akai

Speaking of Fire Emblem Awakening, I wish Chrom was in it more so than Marth who's never appeared in an American Fire Emblem outside of original's remake that appeared on the DS. I guess it's for Japanese Fan service. Chrom just seems more relevant for today though.

Why can't there be both?

The Boat

Its okay to be wrong sometimes
If you wiff the attack it takes forever to finish the animation....if there was a way to cancel it would be much better
:p My relationship with SSB characters and their moves is pretty much: are they fun and/or cool? Good for me. I always thought his down B was fun and stylish, so there!

daripad

What's that yellow giant from?

Speaking of Fire Emblem Awakening, I wish Chrom was in it more so than Marth who's never appeared in an American Fire Emblem outside of original's remake that appeared on the DS. I guess it's for Japanese Fan service. Chrom just seems more relevant for today though.

Marth appeared in Awakening too
as DLC

Frogstep

I don't get all the Lucario hate. We can have both Lucario and Mewtwo.

I always thought he was an interesting pick. Just hope he plays better than he did in brawl cause he was pretty terrible there, but they nailed him in Project M.

Here's hoping that Mewtwo comes back as well, who also played 10x better in Project M. :p

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Eh, Lucario is okay. I'm honestly surprised he's making a return, though.

I'm firmly in the #MewtwoWillReturn camp. I replayed Melee today and I found it stupidly fun to play as Mewtwo. It would be nice to have them make another stab at fixing it. And of course, Mega Evolution Final Smash time. Randomly picking between X Mega (A-attack power increase) and Y Mega (B-Attack power increase) would fit in with the "manic" party formula and be a good test of skillful players' limits.

Eh, Lucario is okay. I'm honestly surprised he's making a return, though.

I'm firmly in the #MewtwoWillReturn camp. I replayed Melee today and I found it stupidly fun to play as Mewtwo. It would be nice to have them make another stab at fixing it. And of course, Mega Evolution Final Smash time. Randomly picking between X Mega (A-attack power increase) and Y Mega (B-Attack power increase) would fit in with the "manic" party formula and be a good test of skillful players' limits.

I've got news for you.....
:lol

Revven

I don't get all the Lucario hate. We can have both Lucario and Mewtwo.

He's a 4th gen Pokemon who is designed around an awful Aura mechanic who "replaced" a character that wasn't so great in the grand scheme of things either -- but could have been fixed instead of completely axing him. He is forever there to remind people how he "took" Mewtwo's spot even if Mewtwo was originally planned to make a return in Brawl anyway (he only didn't because of time constraints, as evidenced by the lone files on the disc -- which don't contain anything at all but at least show he was planned to be on the roster).

goddamn some of you guys are making gaf look bad

vehVT6h.jpg

Sponge

Banned
He's a 4th gen Pokemon who is designed around an awful Aura mechanic who "replaced" a character that wasn't so great in the grand scheme of things either -- but could have been fixed instead of completely axing him.

The Aura mechanic is a bit of an opinion. I personally like it. Mewtwo was gonna be in the game at one point, alongside Lucario. If there's anyone to blame, it's Sonic.

Alchemy

I'm not a fan of the 'pick a random Pokemon!' approach, even if Lucario was popular due to a movie or screwed up fetishes. Pick characters that represent the franchise and move on, Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer are good enough. Its possible to make a backwards argument for every single Pokemon being a playable character, but I'd rather see the effort put into other characters that represent franchises, like Lil Mac for Punch Out.

Drago

I'm not a fan of the 'pick a random Pokemon!' approach, even if Lucario was popular due to a movie or screwed up fetishes. Pick characters that represent the franchise and move on, Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer are good enough. Its possible to make a backwards argument for every single Pokemon being a playable character, but I'd rather see the effort put into other characters that represent franchises, like Lil Mac for Punch Out.
Lucario isn't just a random Pokémon, he's still massively popular and used quite a lot to represent the series worldwide, and he even played a big role in the story of X/Y. Besides, at this point it would be needless to cut him, he's already a veteran with a moveset. He won't affect the chances of Little Mac or any other newcomer getting in or not (and if a certain leak was right (which it has been so far), Lil Mac is in anyways).

They should have brought back Mewtwo instead.

The Mewtwo/Lucario false dichotomy needs to be put to rest.
The two are not mutually exclusive by any means. Why do people assume this? Lucario only shares one of Mewtwo's old moves in the first place.

Mewtwo probably would not be revealed in a simple daily Miiverse post either.

Ivan 3414

Can you explain to me how four Gen 1 Pokemon represent an entire six generations?

Mr. RPG

Wait a second..

Didn't the director of Smash Bros say Mewtwo was coming back?

I hate Lucario.. ugh.. I wanted to play Mewtwo again..

Geez.. Melee really will be the best in the series.. forever.

Drago

Because that's probably not going to happen. I'd love to be wrong though.
They were both supposed to be in Brawl together had there been enough time (blame Sonic, not Lucario) and Mewtwo has been made relevant again with X and Y. Plus, there is a ton of clamor to bring him back besides that.

I'm fairly confident we will see them both in the game.

I was rattling my brain to try and come up with what 6th gen Pokemon would take the Mewtwo/Lucario spot. Apparently they couldn't think of anything either, so they went back with Lucario

Lucario plays a huge role in theMega Evolution arc of the X/Y storyline. He's still very relevant.

Secret Owl

Neo Member
I had a feeling he may not be cut from the roster when I played X/Y. Lucario plays a pretty prominent role in the whole "mega evolution" plot and every player is given one. He's alright, but he's certainly no Mewtwo. Who knows, maybe they can include both this time.

What do you guys think the likelihood of Pokemon Trainer returning is?

What do you guys think the likelihood of Pokemon Trainer returning is?
There would need to be an issue with the game's development for Pokemon Trainer to not return, IMO. The three starters with Mega Evolutions in XY (two of which are strong competitively thus seeing a lot of use) and of course Pokemon Origins which gave Red a spotlight on the stage.

Mariolee

Wait a second..

Didn't the director of Smash Bros say Mewtwo was coming back?

I hate Lucario.. ugh.. I wanted to play Mewtwo again..

Geez.. Melee really will be the best in the series.. forever.

Holy jumping the gun Batman

He hinted at it at E3 but no direct confirmation.

Top Bottom