• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lyn and PoR Ike win Fire Emblem Heroes Poll.

dtm808

Joshua, Ephraim, Lute, and Eirika all made it in top 20. Feels good seeing love for the best game in the series :)

Good to see Ike and Lyn keeping their place
Roy , camilla and tharja are expected. Don't care for them though
Lute went up even. Joshua keeping that top 20. Good to see SS characters in top 20
Glad to see Mia and Nephenee in the top 20 despite vote splitting
Sad to see Myrrh rank so low at 122
Florina at 71 is okay i guess. was hoping for a bit higher
Nowi made top 10. Good to see. will make SliceSabre happy too

And why are some of the driest characters up there? Dorcas? Nino? Wat?
not surprising. Nino was the most populat FE7 character n the jp FE7 poll held just after release
O0JnnP6.png

I want to know where all these secret Lute fans are.
Right here !

SkyOdin

The Black Knight is by far and away the most popular Fire Emblem villain. If votes were combined he would have ranked above Donnel. I don't think any other villain comes close. Most of the rest are found somewhere below Bantu in the realm of "completely embarrassing result".

Also funny that Eirika and Ephraim have only one other character between them in place (Shadow Dragon Marth). The two are inseparable.

The Black Knight is by far and away the most popular Fire Emblem villain. If votes were combined he would have ranked above Donnel. I don't think any other villain comes close. Most of the rest are found somewhere below Bantu in the realm of "completely embarrassing result".

It Helped that he was Playable in RD and he even got a mii custome in Smash.

I hope hes a possible character for Heroes

Cerium

Aw man I wanted to make this thread so I could educate the masses on who Lyn is and why she's the best.

That's what I get for going out tonight.

Here take some fanart.

from_where_she_stood_by_keiiii.jpg

PtM

Banned
I love it when a plan comes together.
images3x3w.png

I had never played a Fire Emblem
other than Smash.

WarAdept

Too much Awakening/Fates trash, not enough Jugdral/Tellius region love.

As everyone has been saying, the wrong Ike got 1st.

I'll accept Lyn. Tharja and Camilla are absolutely gross.

It Helped that he was Playable in RD and he even got a mii custome in Smash.

I hope hes a possible character for Heroes

I imagine he will be eventually, though we'll have to get a PoR or RD update to see if he's in. Especially since as you pointed out he did have some playable portions in RD. But yeah, easily my favorite FE villain

SkyOdin

Where is Hinoka? What is wrong with you people?
44th place, just above Caeda, who is definitly on the list of characters who was robbed.

I am shocked at how low Est is on the polls. Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem characters generally did poorly, but she seemed to get particularly few votes. I would say that late-game low level recruits are unpopular, but thatcdoesn't explain Nino.

Draxal

44th place, just above Caeda, who is definitly on the list of characters who was robbed.

I am shocked at how low Est is on the polls. Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem characters generally did poorly, but she seemed to get particularly few votes. I would say that late-game low level recruits are unpopular, but thatcdoesn't explain Nino.

Est did Abel dirty.

Sterok

Valter and Selena from Sacred Stones have the exact same number of votes (619).

Hayden is the least popular Sacred Stones character.

Zephiel is the least popular Blazing Blade character. If you discount him due to vote splitting, it's Vaida.

Dayan is the least popular Binding Blade character.

Forkball

Pretty solid list. Though Sumia at 95? That's just wrong. She was a beast in Awakening and is Chrom's canon wife. CANON.

Also Glade from Thracia 776 is the most unpopular FE character with a measly 17 votes.

Glade (グレイド Gureido) is a playable character from Fire Emblem: Thracia 776. He is a knight of Leonster as well as the husband of Selfina. He is also Finn's best friend. He aids Dean in defending Tahra from the Freege army. After the war, Glade gets the highest post of Great General, and he helps make the army of New Thracia an elite fighting force.

WHAT A LOSER

Also funny that Eirika and Ephraim have only one other character between them in place (Shadow Dragon Marth). The two are inseparable.
The BK is easily the best Fire emblem viĺlain. He always had this imposing stance in both games. He looks invincible. When I saw him pop in RD and saw him playable, I was fanboying hard.

:lol, male Corrin nowhere in sight.
Take that L, bro!

i just noticed that. Dropped from 19 to out of top 20.
i'm certainly fine with that and with Eliwood replacing him

Joshua, Ephraim, Lute, and Eirika all made it in top 20. Feels good seeing love for the best game in the series :)

kG0TG8C.png
artist will have to change it from 15 to 13 for Lute
Seeing sacred stones get a bit of love in this poll was nice indeed.

The BK is easily the best Fire emblem viĺlain. He always had this imposing stance in both games. He looks invincible. When I saw him pop in RD and saw him playable, I was fanboying hard.

Got to love those first missions where he shows up as an enemy and your goal is pretty much to finish the objective while staying the fuck away from him since he WILL kill any party member you're dumb enough to put in his way

Got to love those first missions where he shows up as an enemy and your goal is pretty much to finish the objective while staying the fuck away from him since he WILL kill any party member you're dumb enough to put in his way
It's all about his theme. The music told you all you needed to know. I remember sending my level like 35 Mordecai against him only to get slaugthered. Good memories.

Azuran

Banned
I love how there are people who are utterly offended at the thought of people liking Nowi.

I think Nowi fans get more hate than Trump supporters.

I have to keep the fact the I like Nowi secret because I don't like people implying I'm into that stuff :(

I'd argue that you could technically add more votes to the Black Knight since his alter ego has over 1000 votes as well

Only reason the Black Knight wasn't in the top ten is because not enough people played the best Fire Emblem games. I contend no character touches him for intimidation or build up. I still have nightmares about the maps where he just pops in to light a fire under your ass. Sucker didn't even need to move to turn my defensive strategy into a sudden offensive rush to get the hell out.

zelhawks37

Happy with Lyn and Ike winning. Really glad Nino got into the top 20. Highly underrated character.

Hector should have beaten out Roy, but Smash effect is too strong. Surprised Marth didnt rank higher either.

Lastly, would have liked Oboro getting into the top 20, but oh well.

Only reason the Black Knight wasn't in the top ten is because not enough people played the best Fire Emblem games. I contend no character touches him for intimidation or build up. I still have nightmares about the maps where he just pops in to light a fire under your ass. Sucker didn't even need to move to turn my defensive strategy into a sudden offensive rush to get the hell out.

I'd say it's more because Tellius fans like myself tried to consolidate their votes on Ike, especially after the midterms where he was winning. But yeah, he was fantastic and had so much presence. He's not the type of villain who'd work as the final boss or big bad IMO, but for the role he plays in the story he is fucking superb

SalvaPot

The really surprising thing is that Marth recuperated from a 14th-ish place to Top 10, I think the preliminary poll helped him.

Damn, look at all that Awakening/Fates trash in the top 10s on the female side.

There are glimmers of hope among the dredges, I suppose.

Ike is where he belongs. Chrom needs to be flushed down to bottom-of-the-barrel where he belongs, but being a metaphorical turd gives him more personality than he deserves--or has.

Lucina can be the cardboard that scoops up Chrom, too.

syncyes

Back in the day I did a hard mode Ike-only run. It might've been fixed stats too? Can't quite remember.

Anyways, we like Ike!

Top Bottom