• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Machinarium coming to WiiWare

Htown said:
I don't know why you guys are so surprised about the file size thing. I'm pretty sure the PC versions of the Strong Bad and Monkey Island episodes weren't under 50 MB, and those came out on Wii, too.

Also, at this point PC digital distribution and WiiWare are basically the PS3/360 of indie and episodic downloadable games. Everything's coming out on both now.
Yeah, most games that are on both WiiWare and PC managed to get shrunk down for WiiWare. I was just checking the file size of And Yet It Moves and World of Goo on my computer, and they're both bigger than 40 MB, too.

zoku88 said:
It's about 300MB.

Monkey Island Ep 1, at least.

Really? I thought that it was closer to 200. Well, I stand corrected in that regard.

Still, the WiiWare MI ports were pretty harshly criticized, which might go to show that it's very difficult to pull off a good port using that degree of compression. (Then again, the on-disc Sam and Max ports were also criticized for performance issues, so maybe Telltale just sucks at Wii development.)

Pewp

I've seen the game running on a Wii and it actually looks really good. I was a summer student helping them out the past few months, so take that how you will.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Pewp said:
I've seen the game running on a Wii and it actually looks really good. I was a summer student helping them out the past few months, so take that how you will.
Nice.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Will pick up both the WiiWare and PSN versions. Deserves all the sales it can get.

I'll probably check this game out on WiiWare. I have a PC, but money is a bit tight and I have a good amount of Nintendo Points still sitting around on my console, so I guess I'll get this version.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Not really sure why anyone would get it on Wii over PC or PS3, but hey, if it's the only platform you have, it's a definite buy.

Nessus

seady said:
Wiiware is on a roll lately. Nintendo needs to do a "Winter of Arcade" to have people aware of Wiiware's existence, as no one (even the 'hardcores' here) knows there has been many great games on it.

Winter of Arcade
Retro City Rampage
Bit.Trip Fate
Fluidity
Machinarium
Lilt Line

La-Mulana

Will be buying.

Not sold on La-Mulana. I understand it's an homage, but the controls look like they'd be really frustrating. Never much cared for platformers like that where there isn't a good feel for the character's inertia.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It's also coming to the PS3 right?

Poyunch

Platy said:
Cave Story, La Mulana, Noitu Love 2, Machinarium ..... where is my VVVVVV wiiware version ?

Winter of ... Ware ?
Winter of Awareness. Because very few know about WiiWare's awesomeness.

markot

Banned
Its not like its crysis or anything >.< its a flash game, sure it wont be in as a high rez, but most of the ports seem pretty good when they reach the wii. (Telltale games)

Wikzo

Bought the game via a cheap bundle deal way back. Recommends everybody to buying it.

Unfortunately, I recently discovered that CCleaner had erased my save file >_<

nny

Excellent news; the more ways this game is available to people the better. They should try to release it on PSN and XBLA too.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
thetrin said:
Not really sure why anyone would get it on Wii over PC or PS3, but hey, if it's the only platform you have, it's a definite buy.
Over PSN is really simple, PSN for my country sucks.

Maxrunner

playing with the wiimote in the sofa for this game might be good....i already bought the pc version and finished it.....

Top Bottom