• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road Comic Con Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck this looks incredible.

I should probably get around to watching the originals now...

You really should, it's my favorite sci-fi saga of all time with Alien and Planet of the Apes.
It is even more consistent, all three movies so far are great / masterpiece / pretty good.

And that's how you fucking do it, show it on comic-con first and then release it on youtube immediately. That way the rest of the world can watch your trailer in the way you intended. Not by watching off-screen footage shot with an iPhone in portrait mode, zoomed in from a distance of 20 meters.

Fuck this looks incredible.

I should probably get around to watching the originals now...

The first movie, IMO, has not aged well. Tried to watch it last year, and I had trouble trucking through it. The 2nd one (watched it last night, actually) still holds up well.

Simo

I better be a able to wreck shit and enemy marauders in dust devils and tornadoes in the Mad Max game or I'm going to be pissed.

Hardy is about to ADR soon but it looks he improved on the voice and has a distinct Aussie accent. In the test screening it wasn't always clear.

TheOddOne

Looks great.

is8zDP3x90tFn.gif

Kayhan

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

A billion times better than expected!

ezekial45

Banned
And that's how you fucking do it, show it on comic-con first and then release it on youtube immediately. That way the rest of the world can watch your trailer in the way you intended. Not by watching off-screen footage shot with an iPhone in portrait mode, zoomed in from a distance of 20 meters.

This is a shortened version of what they had at Comic-Con (which was 5 minutes). But yes, it's great they've released something to everyone, to keep momentum.

Aβydoς;122896861 said:
You really should, it's my favorite sci-fi saga of all time with Alien and Planet of the Apes.
It is even more consistent, all three movies so far are great / masterpiece / pretty good.

The first movie, IMO, has not aged well. Tried to watch it last year, and I had trouble trucking through it. The 2nd one (watched it last night, actually) still holds up well.

Thanks, I'll definitely give them all a watch. Yeah, I've heard the first is a little slower but I don't mind slow, so I'll give it a shot. Are they on any of the premium channels right now, or other countries Netflix? They aren't on the US netflix, but I have hola unblocker.

harSon

Banned
On second look, most of it looks like practical effects. 80% practical according to reports, so I'm happy!

I think this was a missed opportunity to have some badass Aborigine characters though.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
That looks real good. It's amazing how easily you can tell that so much of the stuff going on is real and not just CGI.

jett

D-Member
That looks crazy.

Seems they don't want people to notice Mel Gibson has been replaced. Mad Max himself barely appears. :p

Revolver

Yeah the first one hasn't held up that well but it's still a pretty good first attempt. But the Road Warrior is a stone cold classic and Thunderdome is really good too. Fury Road looks more in line with Road Warrior which pleases me greatly.

Simo

So when exactly does this movie take place in the timeline? Is it after Mad Max 2, or before.

Neither its a reboot.

You can see some unfinished shots are there including this one where the stunt driver cab on the War Rig is visible:
rig.jpg

If this is even half as badass as The Road Warrior, we're in for something special.

The nerd in me is absolutely giddy at the thought of a new Mad Max and new Star Wars movie in the same year.

Thanks, I'll definitely give them all a watch. Yeah, I've heard the first is a little slower but I don't mind slow, so I'll give it a shot.

It is slow compared to the others, but it's also the first so you won't even notice imho.
Also, it has great charm and it's basically the only 100% serious one of the three. It's definitely pretty grim and unforgiving and that's why I love it.
Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome are more silly but they're fucking amazing too, especially Road Warrior.

So when exactly does this movie take place in the timeline? Is it after Mad Max 2, or before.

I thought it was going to be a prequel but it definitely isn't (and I'm happy for that).
I hope it's after Beyond Thunderdome. Just continue the story.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Aβydoς;122899126 said:
It is slow compared to the others, but it's also the first so you won't even notice imho.
Also, it has great charm and it's basically the only 100% serious one of the three. It's definitely pretty grim and unforgiving and that's why I love it.
Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome are more silly but they're fucking amazing too, especially Road Warrior.

Word, sounds cool. I'll definitely track it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom