• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mad Max: Fury Road Comic Con Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

Anyone stop the trailer at the part Max gets tattooed? Looks like a bio rundown list preparing to be harvested. lol

Damn, and to think I was worried that Miller got old and lost a step...

You ain't seen nothing yet. lol

How about Coma Doof, mutant guitarist, jamming out and suspended in the air with the rest of group on a stage setup on a giant speaker truck?

Simo

Again if any gaffers are in the Burbank area, are possibly signed up on one of those early movie screening websites and are under 28 years old...Fury Road is screening at the AMC 16.

They were handing out passes yesterday and Friday night.

Foggy

You ain't seen nothing yet. lol

How about Coma Doof, mutant guitarist, jamming out and suspended in the air with the rest of group on a stage setup on a giant speaker truck?

LOL, the Mad Max version of a flag bearer. BEAUTIFUL!

I'm loving the name too. If this movie has anything close to as hysterical a gang name as the Smegma Crazies or the Gayboy Berserkers I'll faint in the aisles

Simo

LOL, the Mad Max version of a flag bearer. BEAUTIFUL!

I'm loving the name too. If this movie has anything close to as hysterical a gang name as the Smegma Crazies or the Gayboy Berserkers I'll faint in the aisles

Pole Cats, Flame Boys, Bullet Farmer, Rictus Erectus, People Eater, Coma Doof to name a few.

People Eater is a slightly overweight fella in a 3 piece suit with his nipples exposed and pierced along with a shoddy metal nose. lol

When does this come out?!

May 15th, 2015. Two weeks after The Avengers 2 which might of been suicide before but considering the consensus that Mad Max was the most talked about and "winning" Hall H...maybe not so much anymore.

abadguy

Banned
Pole Cats, Flame Boys, Bullet Farmer, Rictus Erectus, People Eater, Coma Doof to name a few.

People Eater is a slightly overweight fella in a 3 piece suit with his nipples exposed and pierced along with a shoddy metal nose. lol

May 15th, 2015. Two weeks after The Avengers 2 which might of been suicide before but considering the consensus of Mad Max "winning" Hall H...maybe not so much anymore.

Excellent

Moongazer

That trailer definitely got me excited since I've forgotten that this was even being made anymore. Feels modern without losing what made the originals great and I don't even mind Tom Hardy replacing Mel as Max.

Simo

Hugh Keays-Byrne as Immortan Joe, the "warlord" they're all running from. Byrne played Toecutter in the first film and was at one point cast as the Martian Manhunter in Miller's JLA movie.
5.jpg

Megan Gale. The other "Wonder Woman" that Miller cast in JLA too. Not sure on her character in Fury Road.

Revolver

I will say that when the first stills debuted I was worried the desaturated look would mean the film would look more "Book of Eli" but thankfully thats not the case.

Me too. I liked Book of Eli alright but was afraid Fury Road was just going to be a copy of a copy. Thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm really impressed with the trailer and can't stop watching it. My only complaint is where is his dog? He's got to have a Blue Heeler.

It looks incredible. Better than I imagined, really.

I'm not sure it's status as a reboot/sequel/whatever is so important with this franchise. Like someone else said, it's not like Mad Max ever had much continuity beyond the basic concept.

Kinyou

This looks beautiful. Just a little confused about what the transformer girl and her friends are doing in this post apocalyptic world

The 'children' that come and save Max made me think of the ones from Thunderdome.

Awesome trailer! Just now discovered the movies Miller directed:p

Simo

Me too. I liked Book of Eli alright but was afraid Fury Road was just going to be a copy of a copy. Thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm really impressed with the trailer and can't stop watching it. My only complaint is where is his dog? He's got to have a Blue Heeler.

Without saying much...he's in there somewhere. ;)

Cardon

That trailer delivered on the hype I've had for this movie since it was first announced. Now if only the video game turns out to be as good is another topic haha.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Damn that trailer is stunning
My dad loves the original trilogy, are people ok with this franchise being rebooted or what? I know most other reboots have been met with pretty harsh criticism

Simo

That trailer delivered on the hype I've had for this movie since it was first announced. Now if only the video game turns out to be as good is another topic haha.

No tornados no buy. lol It'd be fucking awesome to recreate that in the game though especially if it's a random weather event with the wall of a sandstorm coming, dust devils and then the tornadoes. I can already imagine the amount of SHAREfactory videos I'd make. lol

They've been pretty quiet on the game but I'd imagine thats because up until now WB has been silent on the movie.

Damn that trailer is stunning
My dad loves the original trilogy, are people ok with this franchise being rebooted or what? I know most other reboots have been met with pretty harsh criticism

No different really. Some say "No Mel, No Max" etc while some have never even seen the original movies. I was excited when Miller began talking about FURY ROAD in the late 90s/early 200 but was a little put off when Hardy was cast because at that time he had only done Star Trek: Nemesis and thats about it.

Then Bronson came out followed by Inception while Mel went fucking loco and my view changed and became more excited for the project.

Soma

Damn some of those shots are really fucking impressive.

This is looking much better than what I was expecting. I'm hyped.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
No different really. Some say "No Mel, No Max" etc while some have never even seen the original movies. I was excited when Miller began talking about FURY ROAD in the late 90s/early 200 but was a little put off when Hardy was cast because at that time he had only done Star Trek: Nemesis and thats about it.

Then Bronson came out followed by Inception while Mel went fucking loco and my view changed and became more excited for the project.

Oh fair enough
I showed the trailer to my dad and he did comment on the fact it wouldnt be the same without Mel but said it looked good nonetheless. It being handled by the same person that did the originals certainly helps

I was just expecting more of a backlash like robocop, total recall etc all had

man I watched this shit like four times already

pls don't be PG-13...don't bring the post-apocalypse back and make it ok for middle school kids

The first movie, IMO, has not aged well. Tried to watch it last year, and I had trouble trucking through it. The 2nd one (watched it last night, actually) still holds up well.

Wrong

First one is timeless.... just don't into it expecting an action film like the opening scene suggests.
It's a slow burn with wonderful dialog and performances :)

Please, stop repeating the same lie pushed by the studios.

PG-13 is the scourge of modern action films. That looked stunning, but Max needs an unapologetically grotesque universe.

Aside from the first Mad Max, is there anything in Road Warrior or Beyond Thunderdome that couldn't be done in a modern PG-13 film?

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
Not sure how I feel about a post apocalyptic world where all women are Victoria Secret models.

The action looks good tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom