• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 07 (360) update erased all my saves

Ryck

WTF!!! I was in week 13 :(

I did a search and couldn't find anything

Did this happen to anyone else?

shpankey said:
what does this update do? is it just a roster update? or does it have some bug fixes also?

It's the fatigue patch. That's all I've noticed so far; granted, I've only played a quarter and a half of a game since the patch.

bluemax said:
Supposed to fix the fatigue bug, but it doesn't apparently.

It does. It's just not enough to satiate some people's expectations. Next year, they just need to put in a fatigue slider like the hockey and basketball games have.

storybook77 said:
It does. It's just not enough to satiate some people's expectations. Next year, they just need to put in a fatigue slider like the hockey and basketball games have.
And thats probably the only improvement it will get for £50 :E

Ryck

So everyone else kept their saves? I lost my settings and my franchise..

And yeah it fixed the fatigue bug.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The patch fixed the fatique issue mostly, but there were some online play fixes as well. I think the newest roster update is included as well.

The availablilty of DLC is made possible as well.

Today two classic stadiums are available on Marketplace: Seattle Kingdom and LA Rams (Coliseum) at 300 MS points. Here there are!!

LA_Coliseum1.jpg

LA_Coliseum2.jpg

Got this info from Maddennation, and hotlinking from there too, so if it turns into something nasty, don't ban me!!!

I got the update and checked my rosters, and they still don't seem to reflect the current Cowboys roster. Do I need to start a new franchise for that to happen or do they only work for online play?

Zep

Banned
Nevermind, I just found out each stadium = 300points

Which equals out to $2.50 per. Blah, **** that..get back to me when we can use Alt. Uniforms online.

Ryck

DaddyZ said:
Nevermind, I just found out each stadium = 300points

Which equals out to $2.50 per. Blah, **** that..get back to me when we can use Alt. Uniforms online.
Oh shit I haven't checked in ages are alt uni's available??? If so which ones?

Mrbob

Ugh. I just checked too and all my save files are deleted too!

Franchise GONE.

Superstar GONE.

Good grief EA i'm about 5 seconds away from breaking this ****ing disc in half and saying to hell with all your games from now on.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Mrbob said:

Franchise GONE.

Superstar GONE.

Good grief EA i'm about 5 seconds away from breaking this ****ing disc in half and saying to hell with all your games from now on.

Do it. And take a picture. Better yet. Take it to the store you bought it from and push a rack of magazines over on top of it. :lol

DMczaf

Mrbob said:

Franchise GONE.

Superstar GONE.

Karma bitch!

DMczaf

DenogginizerOS said:
He has been defending this game both here on GAF and privately on AIM up until this. I think he deserves better Karma than that.

WTF? He's been bitching about Madden everyday to me

Mrbob even flip flops on AIM :lol

Xbox 360's John Kerry indeed

I was really looking forward to Madden this year, and I've probably played it the least of any Madden ever. I'm playing the 360 version, and it just feels like there really isn't much new this year, plus there are plenty of nagging bugs and lag/disconnects online. It's a rather frustrating effort from EA this season.

Mrbob

DMczaf said:

We haven't discussed much Madden at all! ;) Except for that fact that Tiburon has become a piece of shit development house when it comes to next gen! Superturd Returns and Madden 07 360 is proof!

DenogginizerOS

DMczaf said:

Today is the first day I have head him say he actually wants to get rid of it. but yeah, it has been wearing on him and others more and more each day.

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
We haven't discussed much Madden at all! ;) Except for that fact that Tiburon has become a piece of shit development house when it comes to next gen! Superturd Returns and Madden 07 360 is proof!

Superman Returns > Crackdown! ADMIT IT!

DenogginizerOS

DMczaf said:
Superman Returns > Crackdown! ADMIT IT!

Man. That is like breaking a bottle over the bar and begging him for a fight. :lol

Seeing that Tiburon is doing Superman Returns, can we make sure that the user interface registers when kryptonite is wearing down Superman. I'd hate to enter into a fight with Lex Luthor and end up getting taken out by a simple bitch slap to the face.

Ryck

Is there anything we could do ( complain to EA?) about this. Im done with the game, I mean I had issues with it before it did this now Im just not gonna play it anymore.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ryck said:
Is there anything we could do ( complain to EA?) about this. Im done with the game, I mean I had issues with it before it did this now Im just not gonna play it anymore.

Complain about what? Complain about them patching the game to make fatigue work?

DenogginizerOS

dskillzhtown said:
Complain about what? Complain about them patching the game to make fatigue work?

Evidently, he and Bob had their franchise/supersatar/season saves erased by the patch.

I like Madden 07. I don't think it's perfect by a long shot but I still enjoy it. I still remember the debacle that was the last Front Page Sports football game. You want to play a buggy football game, find a copy of it.:lol

Mrbob

DenogginizerOS said:
Evidently, he and Bob had their franchise/supersatar/season saves erased by the patch.

I hear EA is going to let me buy them back for 1200 points! WOOOOOO!

SonnyBoy

I can't believe I paid for a halfassed game. I have nobody to blame but myself.

I wish I was someone important so I could broadcast how horrible EA is...

They probally waited until the new stadiums were done before releasing the patch.

DenogginizerOS

Mrbob said:
I hear EA is going to let me buy them back for 1200 points! WOOOOOO!

HAHAHAHA! A new Madden Mini-game called "Ransom". We take away features of games you have had in the past and make you spend money to get them back.

storybook77 said:
I like Madden 07. I don't think it's perfect by a long shot but I still enjoy it. I still remember the debacle that was the last Front Page Sports football game. You want to play a buggy football game, find a copy of it.:lol

Not easy to find since they had to Re-call it! :lol

Zep

Banned
Madden Nation took some time recently to talk to Trey Geiger, the EA Sports product manager who handles downloadable content for both NCAA and Madden 07. We learned about what we'd see in the very near future, and got an idea of what might be down the line as well. The following is a transcript from a phone conversation we had yesterday afternoon.

MN: There is a lot of anticipation here from both fans of NCAA and Madden when it comes to downloadable content. What are we going to see this year?

TG: Well, I know there is a lot of anticipation. It's been delayed a bit, but the good news is we are ready to launch some stuff this week. Tomorrow or Thursday most likely we will have some stuff on market place. And specifically, for Madden we're going to have 4 video strategy guides. These are high definition, between five and six minute videos produced by VG Sports, which I'm sure you guys have heard of.

VG partnered with our game team to create some detailed video strategy guides that walk people through ways to optimize their game. There are four guides for each product. Four for Madden, four for NCAA. Offense, defense, defending the pass, and then defending the rush. Those are launching this week for Madden and NCAA.

Also for Madden is actual in game content. There are going to be two stadiums that are available for download this week. The Seattle Seahawks classic stadium (Kingdome) and the L.A. Rams classic stadium (Coliseum). So those are the things that are launching this week. As you are probably aware there are also alternate uniforms for both products that are going to be coming out shortly. Then we have some more stadiums for Madden that the team is working on and we'll launch those later this fall.

MN: What can you tell us about alternate uniforms in terms of how many each team has, do all of the teams in NCAA have them, etc?

TG: To give you a bit of background, as you know with next gen consoles all of the content is created from scratch. The reason we didn't include the alternate uniforms in the base product is because they weren't ready in time to put in the packaged goods. That's kind of the real benefit in my mind that the downloadable content allows us to continue the development pipeline past the point in July or August where the product is shipped and is on store shelves.

Every year with the game team we ship out NCAA Football and Madden and then those guys take a couple of weeks off and get right back at it and start doing pre-production and start building the next year's version of the games. The downside of that is there's really no new content available for anybody until the following calendar year. With digital distribution and downloadable content that all changes and we're now able to get some resources from the production team to continue to create content and be able to provide things that ordinarily wouldn't be available in the game as it stands.

Getting back to your question though, for NCAA not every team has alternate uniforms available. We've got about five bundles with approximately fifteen to twenty uniforms available when we get these pushed out to market place. And for Madden the team is finalizing one alternate uniform for every team in Madden and we're looking at doing some more potentially down the road. We're still working out the details in terms of specific bundling and how that's going to be priced. I know that's been a sensitive issue and we've evaluating the pricing and we understand that the real value is for stuff that's new and exclusive and if it's stuff that's already been out there in the past that it isn't as valuable. We understand that and we're going to lock down those details and hope to have those alternate uniforms published soon.

MN: So for NCAA, the uniforms will be bundled where you'll have these 15-20 teams together. Will that be done by conference? How will that be set up?

TG: Yeah, it will be done roughly by conference. Again we haven't finalized that 100%. We don't have it structured exactly where it's five teams for the Big 10, five for the Big 12, etc. We have to do some creative bundling in terms of putting teams together from difference conferences and such because we don't have every team created. But roughly yes, we'll have bundles for NCAA with roughly 15-20 teams or 15-20 alternate uniforms in each bundle. Some teams have a couple of alternate uniforms and some teams just have one.

MN: So for Madden will that be one package, or will that be bundled as well?

TG: We still need to figure out those details. Part of it depends on technical limitations. When you go into market place for example, there are limitations in certain areas on how many things can be displayed in one place. So we're working with Microsoft and our team to figure out the best way to do that. But I can tell you that there will be alternate uniforms available for every team in Madden.

MN: As far as pricing, you mentioned not having that information available yet for uniforms. Tell me about the pricing for the content that's coming out this week.

TG: The VG Sports video guides will come out at a price of 160 Microsoft points for each video. And again, these are five to six minute high definition videos. Then for the classic stadiums, those are coming out at a price of 300 Microsoft points.

MN: As far as getting all of this rolled out, will we get the alternate uniforms all at once or is it more of a situation where you'll release a bundle periodically?

TG: All of the stuff we've got so far in the pipeline we want to launch soon because the anticipation is so high. We want to get that out as soon as possible. We will most likely launch all of the alternate uniforms that we've created to date in the next couple of weeks, but we will continue developing stadiums. There are three more stadiums the team is working on right now that will be available later in the year and there is also the possibility for additional alternate uniforms to be created. In the NCAA, a lot of teams don't even reveal their alternate uniforms until the beginning of the year, so those kind of things can allow for more possibilities down the line. So we're looking out there to see what we can create for schools who have uniforms that are new this year and those could be launched later in the fall as well as additional uniforms for Madden.

MN: How late into the year do you plan to go with downloadable content? I think fans are curious about exactly how far into the future they can expect to get new content for this year's titles.

TG: It could happen at any time. The reality is that the teams are building Madden 08 right now and any downloadable content we put out in the mean time is taking time away from people who would otherwise be building Madden 08. So there is a balance between providing new content this year and maximizing potential for next year's version as of the game. So I think the reality is that we'll maybe see some more content this fall. I want to emphasize this is not a final decision, but I would guess that past the holidays you won't see a lot more coming out for Madden.

I will say though that for EA Sports, we do have a lot in the pipeline across the board for all of our sports products. That will continue to increase as we figure out how balance resources internally. For the PS3 we're pretty sure there will be downloadable content for that console. It may not happen at launch, but that's something we're looking for din the future as well. Right now we're really trying to test this out on a small scale, but down the road the real benefit is new content throughout the year that can give people new things to consume. Historically you buy Madden in August and try out and enjoy the new features, but you aren't getting anything new until the next year when you pick up the new title. This allows us to change that model by delivering updates through the marketplace and eventually Sony online and providing people choices so if they want to pay for additional experiences, they can do that and we hope that will be a positive experience for them.

Where is that :rolleyes: icon when you need it?!

Top Bottom